00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PopiSlim just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Decade-old regulars - anyone?

22,510 Views | 291 Replies

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-05 01:04:19

At 5/2/14 01:46 PM, D-Nightmare wrote:
At 5/2/14 01:31 PM, Conal wrote:
At 5/2/14 01:23 PM, Zerloch wrote: 11 years of ban.
@Dean @Murray
Has anyone been banned for a year or more?

The most I've had are 60 day bans.

BBS Signature

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-05 02:09:30

I will be next year. Ive just got to wait for two more Madness Days to happen. I did, however, go though a few years of inactivity, so I guess I'm not really "regular".

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-05 02:14:58

At 5/5/14 02:09 AM, WyrmMountain wrote: I will be next year. Ive just got to wait for two more Madness Days to happen. I did, however, go though a few years of inactivity, so I guess I'm not really "regular".

This is the old me, by the way. I even had to re-register my email address, it's been so long.

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-05 02:15:35

At 5/5/14 02:09 AM, WyrmMountain wrote: I will be next year. Ive just got to wait for two more Madness Days to happen. I did, however, go though a few years of inactivity, so I guess I'm not really "regular".

Most users take breaks now and again. It can be hard to define what " regular" means.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-05 02:21:11

At 5/5/14 02:15 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Most users take breaks now and again. It can be hard to define what " regular" means.

Right. I used to spend hours a day here on the portals. Though, I was in high school and didn't work as much, so I had an abundance of free time and no social life. But, I digress. I'll be around more frequently as I'm changing careers and losing a massive amount of hours off my work week.

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-05 07:07:21

I cant wait for my 10 year birthday I am getting pretty close.

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-05 11:16:22

At 4/7/14 11:57 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/7/14 11:32 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: Shit started to suck in 2013. This place sucks now. There's never any threads worth posting in anymore.
Users have been saying that for years. lol

lol I dont know how many times ive said that

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-05 11:21:57

MY Reasons for Breaks from Newgrounds/BBS
Joined in High School.
First break was when I moved out the first time. at one point I stopped coming because they closed locked the ASM. Id say I spent years in that one thread post updates and making sigs for anyone and everyone. Meh

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-05 13:23:00

At 5/5/14 02:15 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Most users take breaks now and again. It can be hard to define what " regular" means.

Well how would you define what makes someone a "regular"?

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-05 13:50:45

At 5/5/14 01:23 PM, Viper wrote:
At 5/5/14 02:15 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Most users take breaks now and again. It can be hard to define what " regular" means.
Well how would you define what makes someone a "regular"?

Id say a regular is someone who frequents the forums and participates in conversations or what have you. To do so you have to be here for a currently relevant span of time. I'm an occasional returner. I know only the trends from when I was a regular. since then i've come and gone treating the BBS as more of a randomly chosen waiting room. Pop in and hear what people are saying...throw something or two out there and pop off back to your life.
Ill guess that most regular users eventually become occasional returners like my self.

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-05 14:20:11

Wut

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-05 14:21:15

Kamustasa kalabasa,
Keri ka lang ba?
Bet kong italak sayiz na wit makakajosok sa skulambang si junakis ngayonchi.
Rarampa kase aketch at bet kong kajoinforce si bebemon… Ispluk ng junakis ketch na may periodical examinelya silachina. Sana’y givlakan mo ng bonggeysyus na espesyalinda examinelya.

BBS Signature

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-08 12:31:05

At 5/5/14 11:21 AM, HellboundNinja wrote:
MY Reasons for Breaks from Newgrounds/BBS
Joined in High School.
First break was when I moved out the first time. at one point I stopped coming because they closed locked the ASM. Id say I spent years in that one thread post updates and making sigs for anyone and everyone. Meh

Hellbound, whazup. Your name is another that rings a bell but I don't fully recall.

Maybe I saw you a bunch in the ASM. I don't 'spose you could cook up something for me? Something simple like yours would be cool; the way there's no border and it blends into the background color.

BBS Signature

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-08 17:17:25

I miss the good old days when NG wasn't shitty.

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-08 18:02:09

At 5/8/14 06:00 PM, Satan wrote:
At 5/8/14 05:17 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: I miss the good old days when NG wasn't shitty.
NG was always shitty, it was just a better kind of shitty.

04-08 was a great time but then after that it all went downhill.

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-10 08:13:08

At 5/8/14 05:17 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: I miss the good old days when NG wasn't shitty.

An extraordinarily accurate comment.

BBS Signature

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-10 10:24:26

At 4/7/14 10:45 AM, Shadow-XII wrote: So I'm doing my not-so-usual poking my head into this noise to see what's going on, and I don't often see many names that I recognize.

Getting unusually nostalgic for back then, I decided to look up a few of the ol' gang on here from like ten fucking years ago, and found a surprising number either inactive for many years, or simply deleted profiles.

So I'm wondering, who's still around who was here a decade or longer ago? I stopped being active/regular around 2006/2007, and have barely looked in since then.

Hey your name is familiar! I haven't used this site in years, one year shy of it being 10 years since i made an account though i've known Newgrounds existed for probably 13-14 years now.
Perfect thread to see when i decide to log back in for the first time in ages.

BBS Signature

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-10 10:32:47

Yeah guys, only 5 years to go, so hi.

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-10 13:35:23

At 5/2/14 01:46 PM, D-Nightmare wrote:
At 5/2/14 01:31 PM, Conal wrote:
At 5/2/14 01:23 PM, Zerloch wrote: 11 years of ban.
@Dean @Murray
Has anyone been banned for a year or more?

There was someone whose handle I can't remember who made it his sole purpose to bash anything related to anime posted on the BBS. He got something like a five year ban for general jackassery and actually came back when the time was up to continue his shit. It was hilarious.

BBS Signature

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-10 13:46:19

At 5/10/14 01:35 PM, Chumbawamba wrote:
At 5/2/14 01:46 PM, D-Nightmare wrote: Has anyone been banned for a year or more?
There was someone whose handle I can't remember who made it his sole purpose to bash anything related to anime posted on the BBS. He got something like a five year ban for general jackassery and actually came back when the time was up to continue his shit. It was hilarious.

Just remembered, RancidPsychoJosh. Look it up if you're a loser, like me, who finds humor in whacky Internet antics before 4chan made it mainstream.

BBS Signature

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-10 14:15:24

crazy that there are people on here who remember that RancidPsychoJosh was banned for a long time, probably over a decade ago

crazy that that's even a piece of trivia but also crazy that there are also people like me on here who remember such ancient history

wtf

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-10 14:17:35

I think at some point it did actually have a pretty good forum, but that might just be rose-tinted glasses

like I know at the time I thought it was 'sifting for gold in a river of shit', during the so-called glory days there was a surpluss of o rly owls

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-10 14:39:37

At 4/8/14 09:13 AM, Timmy wrote: You can see all of them here:

GET OUT, THAT'S AMAZING.

I still have the duck side of the moon pic I requested.

Decade-old regulars - anyone?

BBS Signature

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-12 06:20:16

At 5/10/14 01:57 PM, deckheadtottie wrote: I remember someone posting this ban message. 127 day ban for being a particularly naughty boy.

Ah shit. That's the UI I remember and get nostalgic about. That metally control-console feel of the site's layout.

BBS Signature

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-12 07:40:10

Well look at my join date. You do the math. I left this site mostly because of bigbadron being a fuckin douche bag always deleting my threads and posts. I would always get into arguments with him, and he was a grown man (apparently) I was a teenager back then. I just realised that newgrounds thread were for unevolved minds, and I didn't fit in.

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-12 10:49:49

A lot of my free time has gone to being a grown up

BBS Signature

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-12 12:16:54

At 5/12/14 07:40 AM, PurpleHaze wrote: Well look at my join date. You do the math. I left this site mostly because of bigbadron being a fuckin douche bag always deleting my threads and posts. I would always get into arguments with him, and he was a grown man (apparently) I was a teenager back then. I just realised that newgrounds thread were for unevolved minds, and I didn't fit in.

I've been reading through around the middle pages of your posts, and I remember you pretty clearly. Bigbadron was always a bit of a douche; being a bit too fun-police, but I personally never had a problem with him.

But even I back then was pretty against any and all drug discussion. It wasn't so much unevolved minds as closed ones. I never had a problem with you, really, other'n the usual teenage drama shit.

I'm 26 now. How old're you?

BBS Signature

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-12 14:23:23

I've been lurking around for a bit every once in a while...hi.

BBS Signature

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-12 14:52:49

At 5/12/14 02:40 PM, Voltage wrote: Fun fact, I have been on NG for 12 (at the age of 12) but registered just before April.

I must have been on this site for more than a year, or maybe even two before I realised I could've made an account -- probably was about twelve as well. Not that it mattered or anything...

BBS Signature

Response to Decade-old regulars - anyone? 2014-05-13 01:52:50

At 4/8/14 02:37 AM, Phobotech wrote: I'm not sure if I'm a familiar face or not, but I've been off-and-on this place for years. Howdy!

yeah me too. Perhaps, I'll start voting on 5 submissions a day like I did in the old days.