00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BACKRUMS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

tv is dead. facts are facts

2,187 Views | 30 Replies

tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-06 23:08:23

why cant it fucking die already? its like the radio no one listens to it or watch it. its just there bro and no one cares about it. if you watch tv then you must be the most fucking boring person ever. tv is nothing but a usless piece of garbage. its basically the governments wet dream to keep you distracted from life. fuck tv and fuck the people who make tv shows

Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-06 23:12:37

I know, right? Who wants to watch 5 minutes of a show and then 8 minutes of commercials? That's why they created something called DVR, but wait, you can do the same thing on the internet, for free.

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-06 23:14:18

TV was created by 'The Man' to oppress all of us free-thinking human beings. Down with the establishment, man!

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-06 23:16:13

Did your show get cancelled?

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-06 23:17:00

TV is so awesome, you can watch it on a computer.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-06 23:38:52

At 4/6/14 11:14 PM, HeroHeero wrote: TV was created by 'The Man' to oppress all of us free-thinking human beings. Down with the establishment, man!

sad but true bro. brainwashing has become more easy in our society. this world is fucked

Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

BBS Signature

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-06 23:40:04

At 4/6/14 11:16 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Did your show get cancelled?

never had any interest in shows. i grew up without tv. after 20 years of not watching tv looking at it now its just brainwashed filth created by the government

BBS Signature

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-06 23:59:53

WAIT, are you telling me you haven't seen Breaking Bad?

BBS Mod. PM with queries and complaints if you must.

LazyTV | Stuff White People Like

BBS Signature

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-07 00:21:03

God is in the TV. Without TV, he would be homeless.

BBS Signature

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-07 00:22:59

At 4/6/14 11:40 PM, PotHeadParadise wrote:
never had any interest in shows. i grew up without tv. after 20 years of not watching tv looking at it now its just brainwashed filth created by the government

That would explain why you're so crabby all the time.

Try something like Hannibal or Dexter.

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-07 00:31:10

At 4/6/14 11:59 PM, idle wrote: WAIT, are you telling me you haven't seen Breaking Bad?

I heard about it. If i can watch it on the internet i will be happy to watch it bro

BBS Signature

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-07 00:33:40

At 4/6/14 11:08 PM, PotHeadParadise wrote: why cant it fucking die already?

Not quite, you still have The Walking Dead, Kardashians, cartoons, and movies.

ButtCheeks.

BBS Signature

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-07 00:40:50

Television is one of the best inventions of all time.

BBS Signature

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-07 01:58:02

You don't like TV and you don't watch it, but you feel like you're enough of an expert on it to declare it a dead medium? Sounds legit.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-07 03:10:43

At 4/7/14 12:40 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Television is one of the best inventions of all time.

Television! Teacher, mother, secret lover.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-07 06:47:04

At 4/6/14 11:08 PM, PotHeadParadise wrote: why cant it fucking die already? its like the radio no one listens to it or watch it.

But I watch the radio all the time, though listening does work better.

Honestly, depending on where you live, radio can be the best way to hear local bands and independent radio shows that aren't just snappy garbage pop and 'buy this to look cool'.

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-07 07:55:18

Millions of people still tune into TV every day. Is TV dying? Yeah, it's on the decline. Is it DEAD? Absolutely not. Also, nobody listens to the radio? Does nobody in your family own a vehicle?

BBS Signature

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-07 08:56:55

televisions are fantastic things

for running media devices through

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-07 10:50:16

Most households have a TV in every room.

BBS Signature

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-07 11:05:33

TV has been a baby sitter to many children. It has become a member of the family.

BBS Signature

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-07 11:59:30

About a decade ago, I was still watching television. Even I primarily watched Cartoon Network ----> Adult Swim, I still felt I was getting a lot of the cable subscription. Then again, I was in middle school back then, so I wasn't paying the cable bill.

I stopped giving a fuck about what was on television around 2010, after Awesome Show Great Job ended. At that point, I realized that there were 3 channels I watched; not worth the $60/month fee.

When I want to watch a show or a movie, I use Netflix, Hulu, or Youtube on my PS Triple. There's no reason to deal with a stationary schedule, and content restrictions imposed by the FCC; fuck cable.

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-07 16:08:44

At 4/7/14 07:55 AM, Genocide wrote: Does nobody in your family own a vehicle?

bro yes I own a Nissan Cherry. also i keep my radio stations off. yet another fucking brainwashing broadcasting device i wont spend time with in my life. though i listen to music like bob marley and Holiday In Cambodia or even Tears For Tears. real music. non of that brainwashing pop garbage everyone listens to

BBS Signature

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-07 16:11:39

At 4/7/14 07:58 AM, Satan wrote:
never had any interest in shows. i grew up without tv.
And look at how well you turned out.

life is better without television. fuck tv

BBS Signature

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-07 16:47:27

Video games > Internet > TV > Real Life

BBS Signature

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-07 17:12:32

I know, right? There's very little anime on it, and what little does air is dubbed and not subbed.

5:24 PM - Hat-Fondler: adverb

5:24 PM - 平沢唯: jewishly

5:25 PM - Kupo: frothingly

BBS Signature

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-07 17:14:02

At 4/7/14 04:47 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Video games > Internet > TV > Real Life

TV does goes up on the chart, when you consider you one to play a console.

BBS Signature

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-07 17:54:19

Maybe TV as a medium has it's flaws but it's a bit like console gaming. Sure, the PC master race likes to pride itself on all the benefits it has over console gamers but there are good reasons why consoles are just more used. The values of plug and play, updating when everybody else is and not having to worry about system requirements when buying new games makes it appeal to so much more people.

I think that TV has lost quite a lot of the values it once had before we had cable boxes that could record and go on youtube and these pointless thing like that. Did you not enjoy those days where you would get the whole family around the TV at the same time to watch the same show then argue about how good it was?

Sure, you can watch whatever you want whenever you want with these new streaming services but where's the fun in being isolated in your own little world when you could be sharing the experience with those you love? Did you not enjoy getting excited for that moment in the day when your favourite show of the season was going to show and knowing that you can't miss it or else you will probably get spoilers for it the next day?

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-08 04:04:11

At 4/7/14 05:12 PM, JRob wrote: I know, right? There's very little anime on it, and what little does air is dubbed and not subbed.

That reminds of the International Channel. They used to air subbed animu, followed by K-Dramas, and then into a Bollywood marathon.

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-08 08:24:21

I listen to the radio every day, so do many others.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to tv is dead. facts are facts 2014-04-09 23:12:18

Actually, most people have satellite or digital cable and use a DVR to record their shows. And TV shows are more ambitious than ever and networks are giving them much larger budgets than they would have only a few years ago. Also, many people still listen to the radio, especially in the car.

At 4/7/14 03:10 AM, Dr-Worm wrote:
At 4/7/14 12:40 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Television is one of the best inventions of all time.
Television! Teacher, mother, secret lover.

Urge to kill...fading...fading...fading - RISING! ...fading...fading...gone.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature