00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ghost production

939 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ghost production 2014-04-05 14:11:38

So I recently found out about this thing called ghost production. Basic theory behind this is:
Djs are concerned that only playing music is not enough to get super popular these days. You also have to produce great songs and actually have passion for music. So they outsource someone else to make music to claim full rights to it. Some of the contracts may include you keeping shut and not trying to "make it " on your own for a year or so... Doesn't sound too bad if a lot of money is involved

Is anyone here doing these dirty jobs? How do you go about finding the next David Guetta? So far I've looked at freelancer.com and most of the requests are 200-1000$ for some club house track. Strangely, such requests do get a lot of bids

BBS Signature

Response to Ghost production 2014-04-05 14:32:29

Man, selling a track for 1.000$ and watching it launch some dude into stardom, millions of dollars, etc.

Not sure how I'd shake off that depression.

Response to Ghost production 2014-04-05 14:37:40

why would you feel bad about it... The guy doing it probably has a huge team behind his back doing all the promotions, organising shows and stuff like that.. Everyone needs to get paid.. And a lot of extra non-creative work has to be done to get there.. Do you wanna do it or manage it? Not really

BBS Signature

Response to Ghost production 2014-04-05 14:54:32

Should probably clarify that I definitely see nothing wrong with the practice.

That's just how I think I'd feel, personally, in the scenario I described.

Surely, making 5.000 out of a bunch of such contracts definitely wouldn't suck.

Response to Ghost production 2014-04-06 07:57:07

As shitty as I think my productions are, I wouldn't (completely) give it up that easily.

'less if i get paid monthly for it
then maybe
maybe

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to Ghost production 2014-04-09 04:35:40

why would you give someone else the rights to your music? idk, i see everyone's musical creations their own and shouldn't give them up for any amount of money. i'm also one against commercializing music and making money off of a new hit track that sounds like shit. but if you make music only for money, then by all means go for it, even if it's a bit dirty, you gotta get to the top somehow, right?