New Topic Respond to this Topic
mrfry
mrfry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 01:32 PM Reply

Like seriously. Everything Xbox 1 has, ps4 does better (besides scamming their coustomers) honestly, I would buy Wii U's for my whole family before I buy an Xbox 1. E3 was a warning guys, Microsoft needs to stick to computers. Almost as big of a flop as the Sega Saturn....

Go to my page!Noiw! U sux!!!1111

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 02:22 PM Reply

Okay, thank you for that input.

"Even death can be overcome"

BBS Signature
kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 02:24 PM Reply

i don't own one but the thing is a multi media platform
i don't like i prefer the ps4 which i might buy when watch dogs come out when i have enough money and some other games.
but the ps4 is better and powerful imo.
but if you think that then go ahead

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
was her name tenneassi
omtish

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 02:56 PM Reply

I dunno bro, I can't swap between Netflix and whatever game is in on the PS4 without having to close the other option, it takes a lot longer to watch something on a PS4 than an Xbox One.

The Xbox One also has Titanfall, which is pretty neat, I know the PS4 just got Second Son but it's quite short and single player only, meaning it has less lasting appeal. I can also watch TV on an Xbox One, which is pretty sweet, nothing game changing, but it's certainly more intuitive than having to change channels.

AFAIK the PS4 has no plans to add to DNLA support (but they don't deny the possibility), whilst according to Major Nelson the Xbox One definitely has DNLA streaming on the way, something that's a big plus in my book.

But for the same price of an Xbox Live Gold subscription, you can get Playstation+ which is a far superior option IMO, it's essentially the same, but I find PSNs offerings a lot better. The PS4 also allows you to watch iPlayer and Netflix and all that without any kind of subscription, you unfortunately require XBLG to use those on Xbox One. But honestly, if you aren't using Playstation+ or XBLG you're really missing out on half of the experience as it is, so it's a bit of a moot point media wise.

Alas, I have a Chromecast so my media craves are pretty much settled with that.

Get either console, each one is great. The Xbox One has better media capabilities, but on the games front they are pretty on par. Compare the exclusives, decide which one you want (or stop relying on your mum and just buy both), and stop bitching about the other console on the Internet, you fucking idiot.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
FlockMastaBack
FlockMastaBack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 03:07 PM Reply

Despite the near-universally negative reception it got upon its E3 release, the XBONE has been selling well in the US & Europe, which, by definition, certainly does not equate to being a "flop."

SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 03:27 PM Reply

What If I told you, It doesn't matter what console you own as long you're having fun playing with it.

Also you're obviously being flame bait right now.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 03:39 PM Reply

What's really fucking stupid is the fixation on multimedia and bells and whistles and shit. Consoles are for video games. Just focus on that.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 03:46 PM Reply

At 4/2/14 03:39 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: What's really fucking stupid is the fixation on multimedia and bells and whistles and shit. Consoles are for video games. Just focus on that.

I really like multimedia, I think it's a HUGE selling point nowadays, if the PS4 came out and said it was just for games; No Netflix, no HBO GO, no iPlayer, no Blu Ray movie capabilities, no music capabilities, etc that it would have sold as well? Absolutely not.

I bet you're the kind of person who said the same about phones "I don't see a need for games and videos and the internet on my phone, I just use it for texting and calling", but now if your phone doesn't do all that and then some you've got no chance in surviving on that platform.

It's not gimicky, Microsoft found that a VERY large portion of peoples time spent on Xbox 360 was using stuff like Netflix, and they found the primary factor for turning off your Xbox was to watch TV, so they added seamless TV capabilties. They are literally giving the consumers exactly what they want.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 04:12 PM Reply

DVD and Blu-Ray makes sense. We've been playing DVDs on systems since PS2. I think that's a given by now. Streaming is kinda understandable, but not important. I just find it concerning that the focus may be shifting a bit from the SOLE THING THAT CONSOLES ARE MADE FOR is all.

The thing about having to change the channel to watch TV just sounds really, really stupid. Why is that a problem at all? It's not a hassle in the slightest. It's good to give your system a break, anyway. I mean, they get more and more delicate, it seems. What? Change the channel? You're fucking killing me, Sandy.

Xbox 1 flop of the century

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
mrfry
mrfry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 04:14 PM Reply

At 4/2/14 03:46 PM, iMini wrote:
At 4/2/14 03:39 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: What's really fucking stupid is the fixation on multimedia and bells and whistles and shit. Consoles are for video games. Just focus on that.
I really like multimedia, I think it's a HUGE selling point nowadays, if the PS4 came out and said it was just for games; No Netflix, no HBO GO, no iPlayer, no Blu Ray movie capabilities, no music capabilities, etc that it would have sold as well? Absolutely not.

I bet you're the kind of person who said the same about phones "I don't see a need for games and videos and the internet on my phone, I just use it for texting and calling", but now if your phone doesn't do all that and then some you've got no chance in surviving on that platform.

It's not gimicky, Microsoft found that a VERY large portion of peoples time spent on Xbox 360 was using stuff like Netflix, and they found the primary factor for turning off your Xbox was to watch TV, so they added seamless TV capabilties. They are literally giving the consumers exactly what they want.

Exept..... PS4 offers the same shit. While also being able to to the thing it was made to do, PLAY GAMES. If you want all this extra bullshit go buy an I Pad, but if you are a gamer, buy a real gaming console. Buy a PS4.

BBS Signature
The-Real-Giovanni
The-Real-Giovanni
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 04:19 PM Reply

Lol @ the idea of gaming on a console made by Microsoft.

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 04:26 PM Reply

At 4/2/14 04:14 PM, mrfry wrote:
At 4/2/14 03:46 PM, iMini wrote:

Exept..... PS4 offers the same shit. While also being able to to the thing it was made to do, PLAY GAMES. If you want all this extra bullshit go buy an I Pad, but if you are a gamer, buy a real gaming console. Buy a PS4.

Erm, what?

Yes, the PS4 does the same stuff, except for the TV switching capabilities, which is, and let me stress, the number one reason for turning off the Xbox 360. Microsoft wants you to use their device constantly, and the people on Xbox One are doing just that.

Games are not what consoles are solely for, perhaps they are primarily for games, but media is a big thing regarding them nowadays.

What kind of sense does getting an iPad or tablet make? I can't plug my iPad into a TV can I? Sure, I can go and buy an Apple TV, but by the time I've bought an iPad and an Apple TV I'll have spent more than the cost of a next gen console.

Why is everyone so mad that you can watch stuff on your Xbox and PS nowadays? It's extra functionality, your potential gaming has not been hindered in any way.

Y U SO MAD

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 04:51 PM Reply

1...2...*pant...3...

Xbox 1 flop of the century

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
GrizzlyOne
GrizzlyOne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 05:45 PM Reply

would buy Wii U's for my whole family before I buy an Xbox 1

lol, good one.

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 06:13 PM Reply

Right now it's doing a bit better than the pisspoor in the games department, but it's not like either of them are worth getting at all yet.

This gen has only started and I'm already just so sick of this constant bullshit about sales figures or making a big deal about what specific resolution some games are running at as if any of it matters. Maybe I'm just misremembering but at the start of last gen people seemed to be impressed and more than happy with what the new consoles could do, and argued over which exclusives were better (the only thing that actually matters) with only some comments about graphics in general from the PS3 fanboys. Now we've got people flipping shit that Titanfall only runs at 729 or 900p as if marginally less pixels will make any kind of difference to how much you enjoy the game.

From regularly browsing a few forums I've seriously not heard anything about whether or not Titanfall is actually good, just people getting caught up in how it runs. To me this kind of scrutiny from fanboys/consumers just goes to show that the next gen consoles were completely unneeded and aren't a big enough jump to justify their cost, despite the sales figures everyone keeps bringing up.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 06:18 PM Reply

Flop? Hardly.

It's selling better than the Wii U, and making more money than the PlayStation 4.

If anything, this thread is nothing more than fanboy flamebate.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 06:29 PM Reply

At 4/2/14 05:45 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote:
would buy Wii U's for my whole family before I buy an Xbox 1
lol, good one.

Wii U's library is starting to look good, actually. If they don't screw up the new SSB, I'll probably want to get one eventually, especially if X turns out to be as good as it looks.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 06:40 PM Reply

Thats what happens when you piss your customers off with DRM that they were going to originally have in their console and 720p resolution specs.

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

mrfry
mrfry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 06:47 PM Reply

Just saying, which console has better graphics? Which console is lighter? Which console is built stronger? The only reason Xbox got more initial sales is because of the success of the 360 last gen (cant argue, the 360 was better then the ps3) but honestly, the Xbox 1 is little more then a heavy I Pad with no touch screen. Its pretty hilarious how people tell me "Oh fry, some people buy consoles to watch netflex" Guess what? I don't care. What I do care about is playing games.

Tl;dr - Casuals = Xbox 1 Hardcore = PS4 Nintendo fanboys and soccer moms = Wii U

BBS Signature
SmashLuigiFan1
SmashLuigiFan1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Gamer
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 07:21 PM Reply

At 4/2/14 06:47 PM, mrfry wrote: Tl;dr - Casuals = Xbox 1 Hardcore = PS4 Nintendo fanboys and soccer moms = Wii U

It's funny seeing the word fanboy being used by someone who is just that; a fanboy. Also, stop using that dumb "casual hardcore" phrase, people. It's genuinely one of the worst things to come out of the seventh generation. Can we just enjoy our games without having to be condescending?

At 4/2/14 04:51 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: 1...2...*pant...3...

Not going to lie, I got a laugh out of that.

"It's easier to talk about the bad than to understand the good." - Jirard Khalil
"This was a mistake." - Jirard Khalil, 2013
"WELCOME TO THE FANTASY ZONE! GET READY. . ."

BBS Signature
The-Real-Giovanni
The-Real-Giovanni
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 07:35 PM Reply

At 4/2/14 06:18 PM, Painbringer wrote: Imaking more money than the PlayStation 4.

By a small marginal advantage. The reality is Microsoft loses money with their Xbox brand. They lost so much money with the first Xbox. They barely broke even with the 360. And the Xbox One is going to burn them very badly. You can see why investors have wanted to kill off the Xbox ever since day one.

BBS Signature
FlockMastaBack
FlockMastaBack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 07:35 PM Reply

At 4/2/14 07:21 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote: Also, stop using that dumb "casual hardcore" phrase, people. It's genuinely one of the worst things to come out of the seventh generation. Can we just enjoy our games without having to be condescending?

I think they're perfectly applicable/useful terms so long as they're not used in an ostentatious manner. When I think of casual video games, I think of games with light/moderate difficulty that appear to large audiences, and the obverse for hardcore.

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 07:53 PM Reply

I would be happy if they stopped making Xbox consoles and games.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 07:58 PM Reply

At 4/2/14 07:35 PM, The-Real-Giovanni wrote: You can see why investors have wanted to kill off the Xbox ever since day one.

I recently read something about MS wanting to get out of the hardware business altogether...

This includes the Surface brand, and possibly Xbox.

oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 08:25 PM Reply

I've always thought the same way, but people just can't be convinced, from what I've seen. Now, I just figure "Let them buy their CD-i 2.0. That way, I can laugh every time they have to pay extra for the cat/dog/picture that happens to be in their living room and the Kinect registers it as another person."

Yes, that actually happens when you watch TV on the 'Bone. And it makes you pay for it.

But on a more serious note, the XBox One is a terrible console because it took what I call "the Cartman Approach". For those of you who can't guess what I'm talking about, there was a South Park episode where Cartman buys an amusement park all to himself but needs to pay for its maintenance. Naturally, the only way for him to earn money to maintain the amusement park is to let people go on the rides, which he doesn't want to do because it's supposed to be 100% his own. Thus, he begins to let several people in per day (about 2 or 3)...then more and more as the costs pile up...then more...then more. Finally, other businesses around town mistake Cartman's antics for an ingenious business strategy and begin to do the same thing to their customers/consumers.

The point is, Microsoft did the same thing with the XBox One. At first, they put a ton of policies into place to milk money out of their customers (always-online to keep customers using the console, DRM locking to garner an exclusive audience, etc.), but they clearly had to give way to the customers. As weeks passed, more and more of the XBox One's bullshit policies began to disappear. Now, compare this to Cartman's approach with the amusement park. Some may think Cartman was being kind to the people, but he really just had to pay his expenses. The same goes for Microsoft.

Of course, regardless of this opinion, Microsoft is doing better (financially) than any other gaming company today. Sony and Nintendo have both suffered immense losses, and that's including the gargantuan sales of the PS4. The PS3 and PSVita brought Sony down enough that its gaming division could feasibly go bankrupt in the next two years, and Sony would have to stick to making TVs from then on. Nintendo is in a similar situation, and they're gearing up to become a mobile game developer as well as sell fitness products. That said, the XBox One may be a cruelly designed console, but in the end, it doesn't matter.

It matters not WHAT you do in life, but WHO you do.

simon
simon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 09:09 PM Reply

It kinda confirms it by developers wanting to get out of contracts with Microsoft and into Sonys pockets.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
mrfry
mrfry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 10:49 PM Reply

At 4/2/14 09:09 PM, simon wrote: It kinda confirms it by developers wanting to get out of contracts with Microsoft and into Sonys pockets.

Fact. Sadly, in 15 years, we are gonna be playing Apple I-Plays or some shit like that. Apple is taking over.

BBS Signature
FlockMastaBack
FlockMastaBack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 11:19 PM Reply

At 4/2/14 10:49 PM, mrfry wrote:
At 4/2/14 09:09 PM, simon wrote: It kinda confirms it by developers wanting to get out of contracts with Microsoft and into Sonys pockets.
Fact. Sadly, in 15 years, we are gonna be playing Apple I-Plays or some shit like that. Apple is taking over.

Ehhhhhhhhh...

mrfry
mrfry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 2nd, 2014 @ 11:52 PM Reply

At 4/2/14 10:49 PM, mrfry wrote:
At 4/2/14 09:09 PM, simon wrote:

Ehhhhhhhhh...

Well, Apple then and now, can't exactly compare.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Xbox 1 flop of the century Apr. 3rd, 2014 @ 10:31 AM Reply

Microsoft should focus on computers and not video games

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12