00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Matilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Texas Rangers fans show their class

625 Views | 8 Replies

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/rangers-fans-turn-memorial-statue-into-garbage-can-on-opening-day-004803475.html

If you've forgotten the story of the Stones, it's a horribly sad one: Shannon Stone fell to his death at a Rangers game in 2011, trying to catch a ball for his 6-year-old son, Cooper. Former Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton tossed the ball toward the Stones, who were in the left-field stands, and Shannon lost his balance, landing headfirst. The Rangers honored Shannon, a firefighter of 18 years in Brownwood, Tx., with a statue unveiled in April 2012.

Two years later, it looks like that? How quickly Rangers fans forget.

Texas Rangers fans show their class

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Texas Rangers fans show their class 2014-04-01 23:49:15

Walker, Texas Ranger wouldn't stand for this!

Response to Texas Rangers fans show their class 2014-04-02 00:13:40

that is a shame indeed, a damn shame. well at least rangers PR was quick on the cleanup and apologizing for it, but hey, what can you do? some people believe littering is a constitutionally given right.

Response to Texas Rangers fans show their class 2014-04-02 00:50:59

thats fucked up
fucking selfish assholes

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Texas Rangers fans show their class 2014-04-02 00:51:43

Baseball fans like to drink.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Texas Rangers fans show their class 2014-04-02 00:56:58

At 4/2/14 12:45 AM, Piggler wrote: Here's the reference video for anyone curious about the guy the statue commemorates.

It's kinda fucked up how the announcers just laugh about it.

a bit disturbing even

Response to Texas Rangers fans show their class 2014-04-02 01:47:25

At 4/2/14 12:51 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Baseball fans like to drink.

It's probably the only way they can find a bunch of guys standing around in a field entertaining. Baseball is so boring that it's ridiculous.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Texas Rangers fans show their class 2014-04-02 02:45:25

At 4/2/14 01:47 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
It's probably the only way they can find a bunch of guys standing around in a field entertaining. Baseball is so boring that it's ridiculous.

Baseball is very boring.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Texas Rangers fans show their class 2014-04-02 10:38:59

At 4/2/14 02:45 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/2/14 01:47 AM, DeftonesFan665 wrote:
Baseball is very boring.

Thirded

Anyways, this was due to a combination of a lack of trash cans and immense laziness (what sports fan isn't?), why no trash cans? Because stadiums around the country have cut back due to their potential use as a place to put bombs, yep, everyone's so fucking paranoid that we no longer can be trusted with receptacles for trash. Anyways, Ranger's fans are actually pretty respectful and peaceful, at least compared to fans in places like Philadelphia and New York. This singular instance can be more readily attributed to the lack of workers, although, considering this was probably during the densest parts of pedestrian traffic, it's likely that the build up accumulated faster than it could reasonably be picked up at all. Does that excuse the people who did it? Fuck no, screw those lazy disrespectful asshats.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature