00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PopiSlim just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The racing genre

793 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The racing genre 2014-03-31 01:59:40

Does anyone still play those games? Would you say the genre is dead due to recent NFS/forza horizon crap?

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The racing genre 2014-03-31 02:02:59

The only racing game I can stomach is Burnout and that's only because of how hilarious the crashes can be. Other than that racing games get stale quicker than single-player chess.

Response to The racing genre 2014-04-01 13:34:47

I'm beginning to drift away (no pun intended) from racing games.

My favorite racing games have always been Daytona USA, Ridge Racers, Midnight Club, and rally games. Never cared for NFS, Burnout, or racing sims (GT & Forza).

D. USA is the definitive arcade racer, so there's no need to make a third installment. But R.I.P. to Ridge Racer and MC. As for Rally racing.... well it's never been popular in the states.

Response to The racing genre 2014-04-01 14:12:36

I still love racing games, my most played game is a racing game (I.E. Trackmania 2: Canyon).

I wouldn't say the genre is dying, so much as it wasn't ever really popular in the first place. Of all the people I know, I'm the only one that enjoys racing games, except for the occasional person that likes Mario Kart.

Seems the majority of peoples mentality towards racing is, "You're just going in circles over and over again."

Apparently people don't enjoy going in circles.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The racing genre 2014-04-01 17:33:20

At 4/1/14 02:12 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Seems the majority of peoples mentality towards racing is, "You're just going in circles over and over again."

Apparently people don't enjoy going in circles.

You can't go wrong with initial D.

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The racing genre 2014-04-01 17:46:07

Combat racing games are the best!

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to The racing genre 2014-04-01 18:15:36

Don't know what everyone's talking about.

I still enjoy Forza and DiRT, hell, my friend was saying he "just needs a racing game" so he has a nice mix of every genre for his PS4, he's waiting for Driveclub.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The racing genre 2014-04-01 23:31:30

I never enjoyed racing games.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The racing genre 2014-04-01 23:36:00

Hmm I really like Daytona Usa,Sega Rally and Chase H.Q., Those are some pretty sweet arcade racers.Always wanted to try the Ridge Racer and Initial D series of games.

Response to The racing genre 2014-04-06 06:07:57

At 3/31/14 01:59 AM, WiiFittoToreinaa wrote: Does anyone still play those games? Would you say the genre is dead due to recent NFS/forza horizon crap?

NFS:U2 was the best, I can still boot up my GC and start playing it, other than that, racing games are dead to me, Mariokart is in it's own category though.

BBS Signature