00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dunso just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Continue the Story Collab

2,545 Views | 32 Replies

Response to Continue the Story Collab 2014-04-05 08:51:05

At 3/31/14 12:07 PM, Zhon wrote: Graham, if you are getting jagged lines with your tablet, one of three things could be happening:

- Your drivers are not properly installed
- Your tablet pen's batteries are dying / not connecting
- Your computer is having trouble running the program while recognizing your tablet at the same time

The first issue can be resolved by visiting your tablet manufacturer's website. The second is self explanatory, unless the conductor inside is broken. The third can be tested by using a lower-impact program such as Paint Tool SAI or even MS Paint to draw and see if it disrupts your lines.

Anyway...

I should have never looked at the queue D: I am getting super anxious waiting for my turn.

I think it's because I'm on a rather small tablet, I have to rotate to achieve certain shapes and comfort, but this is catch 22 in the fact some directions are harder to draw in meaning it has to look sketchy, or jagged. So, I'm just gonna have to get used to it and adapt.

I'm nothing special, though I do master in the art of idiocy.

BBS Signature

Response to Continue the Story Collab 2014-04-05 10:58:26

At 4/5/14 08:51 AM, Graham6742 wrote: I think it's because I'm on a rather small tablet, I have to rotate to achieve certain shapes and comfort, but this is catch 22 in the fact some directions are harder to draw in meaning it has to look sketchy, or jagged. So, I'm just gonna have to get used to it and adapt.

Does Flash have canvas rotation? I know Photoshop CS4 and above has it, and Paint Tool SAI has had it forever. I use it all the time. It's really handy.

But yes, learning to draw properly in the difficult directions is ultimately the best path :P I totally know what you mean, because after 6+ years of digital illustration and going through art school I still can't draw a totally steady line to the left.

Also make sure your tablet's aspect ratio is the same as your monitor's. My first tablet was square while my monitor was wide.

(>'-')>

Response to Continue the Story Collab 2014-04-05 14:24:25

At 4/5/14 03:16 AM, VigorousJammer wrote: NEW TOPIC
NEW RULES
Enjoy! ^_^
(I won't reply to any more posts in this topic, let's let this one die, and put everything in the other one)

Ok!
... please don't make a 4th thread! :)

BBS Signature