00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ParallaxDraw just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Game Project Looking For Team

706 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

New Game Project Looking For Team 2014-03-26 08:01:10

Hello, I am looking for artists, programmers, musicians, and voice actors who would be interested in helping to create a 2D platform style action game that will run on multiple platforms (browser, mobile, console, etc..). The game be a crime fiction/ shoot-em-up game that will include multiple characters, weapons, items, environments, and rewards. The compensation for the project will be an equity stake in the project at an agreed upon percentage which will be outlined and accepted by all participants. Please reply or message me if you'd like to know more about the project or have any questions or concerns. Thank you.

Response to New Game Project Looking For Team 2014-03-26 09:19:36

Why do you need multiple artists and programmers? Have you made other games? This sounds too ambitious, try cutting the amount of help you need to a bare minimum because organizing and running a big team is a nightmare. Usually a team is 1 coder and 1 artist to get the ball rolling and once they make something worthwhile, they find audio through buying it or adding on a musician/sfx person on the team.

This is especially important if it's one of your first games. Make the project too big and it'll never be finished.

Response to New Game Project Looking For Team 2014-03-26 10:46:49

At 3/26/14 09:19 AM, Izzy-A wrote: Why do you need multiple artists and programmers? Have you made other games? This sounds too ambitious, try cutting the amount of help you need to a bare minimum because organizing and running a big team is a nightmare. Usually a team is 1 coder and 1 artist to get the ball rolling and once they make something worthwhile, they find audio through buying it or adding on a musician/sfx person on the team.

This is especially important if it's one of your first games. Make the project too big and it'll never be finished.

Thanks, that is really sound advice. I have been involved in other game projects which I was the sole team member and while I got the games finished I was too burned out to release and market the games. I myself am a programmer and can handle some of those duties however I found that I am most effective as a designer and writer. The project will more than likely only need one of each however considering the nature of the work and effort it takes for such a project, I'd hate to put that type of burden on one individual. Also, the nature of such collaborations will inevitably lead some to abandon the project without notice. I do again thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread and will take your advice moving forward.

Response to New Game Project Looking For Team 2014-03-26 11:06:02

No problem. If you don't get lucky here, try FlashGameLicense. It caters exclusively for developers/sponsors and I've had very good luck finding people to work with on that site. They tend to be more dedicated, partly because their reputation is on the line.

Response to New Game Project Looking For Team 2014-03-26 12:03:22

At 3/26/14 11:06 AM, Izzy-A wrote: No problem. If you don't get lucky here, try FlashGameLicense. It caters exclusively for developers/sponsors and I've had very good luck finding people to work with on that site. They tend to be more dedicated, partly because their reputation is on the line.

Thanks, I'll check it out...

Response to New Game Project Looking For Team 2014-03-26 13:09:44

At 3/26/14 12:37 PM, TheGoatee wrote: If this is a serious project, I could help you out with music. Check out my site goateecomp.com and contact me at thegoatee2012@gmail.com if you are interested.

Thanks, and yes this is a serious project. I'll get in contact with you as soon as the team is formed.

Response to New Game Project Looking For Team 2014-03-26 20:11:38

I would be up for voice acting. Send me some lines on what you want and I'll send you some files.
PM me.

Response to New Game Project Looking For Team 2014-03-26 20:19:52

At 3/26/14 08:11 PM, Sandseeker wrote: I would be up for voice acting. Send me some lines on what you want and I'll send you some files.
PM me.

Thank you. Once we get the team together I'll send you a small script.

Response to New Game Project Looking For Team 2014-04-30 15:08:29

Sounds very enticing, I am a programmer myself but only amateur. I am able and willing to expand my knowledge base as I only know how to confidently program in AS3, HTML5/Javascript/PHP and I can dabble my way around C/C++, Lua and Java. If you're not interested that's fine, I would just love to help out that's all.
Also my time frames would be limited as I am doing exams at the moment but I would still be able to input about 6 hours a day roughly as I am dedicated.

BBS Signature