00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dialusional just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Morality of Eating Meat

5,066 Views | 90 Replies

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-27 13:13:14

sup

Morality of Eating Meat

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-27 13:17:27

At 3/27/14 01:13 PM, kazumazkan wrote: sup

and heres his friend

Morality of Eating Meat

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-27 13:23:56

At 3/27/14 01:26 AM, Sensationalism wrote: But you're partially wrong because the majority of the time people aren't doing it for the pleasure of inflicting pain and suffering onto another. They are doing it for the pleasure of the taste of the food.

Yeah I know, I didn't mean to say they are pleasure for the same reasons, I meant that they are both fundamentally pleasure and that both are equally unjustifiable, if you get me.

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-27 13:27:57

"Jay11 is proven wrong almost instantaneously and en masse but refuses to accept it and decides to be an idiot"

it was fun reed tho

Morality of Eating Meat

Monster Count: 2999 - Countdown to 3000

DO ANY OF YOU BOYS LIVE IN VIRGINIA?!

BBS Signature

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-27 15:11:32

At 3/27/14 01:27 PM, Minion777 wrote: "Jay11 is proven wrong almost instantaneously

point out where please, particularly if it's something I haven't already addressed, or better yet actually think of something to say yourself

and en masse but refuses to accept it and decides to be an idiot"
it was fun reed tho

You and a few others in this thread have adopted an attitude of almost anger for some reason, despite that I specified this was more of a thread for discussion/ideas rather than a rant. It's like reasonable logic provokes a response of "nuh uh meat is natural you fuckin hippy!", as if that means anything at all. If this really were a "meat eaters vs vegetarians" thread, which it isn't, i'd be almost ashamed to be associated with meat eaters.

please do point out the glaring truthful points made in this thread that i'm simply refusing to accept

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-27 16:55:57

There is a huge difference between animals intended to be used as meat and animals that are pets. In many countries that eat dog, an animal considered to be pets only here in 'Merica, they are also used as pets. They would never use an animal intended to be a pet as meat. That's just how it is.

Secondly, if you haven't noticed, all humans have canine teeth, and are born omnivores. We are built to eat meat. We need meat to help us be healthy, because if we were still back far before civilization tens of thousands of years ago, you can not live a health life and survive by solely eating plants since they do not provide the correct nutrients we need to function. While nowadays have the terrific option of being vegetarian if we wish because of commerce and science, we were not built to survive without meat if we were any normal species.

TL:DR, don't talk shit about meat, don't be a biggoted shithead.

SoundCloud | Discord: Wojo#0001 |

BBS Signature

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-27 18:14:04

At 3/27/14 04:55 PM, FaunSound wrote: There is a huge difference between animals intended to be used as meat and animals that are pets. In many countries that eat dog, an animal considered to be pets only here in 'Merica,

dogs are considered pets outside of america

they are also used as pets. They would never use an animal intended to be a pet as meat. That's just how it is.
Secondly, if you haven't noticed, all humans have canine teeth, and are born omnivores. We are built to eat meat. We need meat to help us be healthy, because if we were still back far before civilization tens of thousands of years ago, you can not live a health life and survive by solely eating plants since they do not provide the correct nutrients we need to function.

But it isn't thousands of years ago, it's 2014. The argument "we need meat to be healthy" simply doesn't apply any more, but you mention that below yourself so I don't know why you bothered making that point. How we were "built to survive" is no longer relevant, I like to think we as a race don't have to have survival as a primary concern nowadays.

While nowadays have the terrific option of being vegetarian if we wish because of commerce and science, we were not built to survive without meat if we were any normal species.

I don't know why you think I was being a bigot.

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-27 20:24:32

Out of curiosity, have you eaten any mean recently?
If I ask you to stop eating meat for the rest of your life, do you think you can do it?

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-27 20:42:36

At 3/27/14 08:24 PM, i-am-ghey wrote: Out of curiosity, have you eaten any mean recently?

Yes, pretty much every dinner I make is meat based.

If I ask you to stop eating meat for the rest of your life, do you think you can do it?

I'm not sure, i've been trying to make more vegetarian meals recently to see how far I can go. Meat is tasty and hard to give up. I spoke to my flatmate about this recently and he said he doesn't like thinking about it because although he considers himself to be a good person overall, he can't morally justify eating meat, but he's too fussy about his food to bother becoming vegetarian.

I know for sure that I could never go vegan.

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-27 22:50:41

At 3/27/14 03:11 PM, JaY11 wrote

Morality of Eating Meat

Monster Count: 2999 - Countdown to 3000

DO ANY OF YOU BOYS LIVE IN VIRGINIA?!

BBS Signature

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-27 22:55:06

At 3/24/14 10:10 PM, JaY11 wrote:
tl;dr in a meat eating society I should be able to murder pets en masse without anybody taking a second glance

touch my pet, and I'll eat you, hannibal lectar style.

that or feed you alive to wild boars.

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-28 00:07:34

At 3/27/14 04:55 PM, FaunSound wrote: There is a huge difference between animals intended to be used as meat and animals that are pets. In many countries that eat dog, an animal considered to be pets only here in 'Merica, they are also used as pets. They would never use an animal intended to be a pet as meat. That's just how it is.

'Merica: The only country where dogs are considered pets.

Secondly, if you haven't noticed, all humans have canine teeth, and are born omnivores. We are built to eat meat.

Humans are built to eat plants OR meat. This does not mean that meat must be eaten.

We need meat to help us be healthy, because if we were still back far before civilization tens of thousands of years ago, you can not live a health life and survive by solely eating plants since they do not provide the correct nutrients we need to function.

Vegetarianism dates back to ancient India and Greece.

While nowadays have the terrific option of being vegetarian if we wish because of commerce and science, we were not built to survive without meat if we were any normal species.

There are many species which are able to eat meat, but do not need to do so for survival.

I don't think you know what a bigot is.

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-28 01:31:59

The thing about someone torturing a cat or dog is that its needlessly killing that animal. If someone told me that they killed and ate dogs and cats, of course as a pet owner I would find it a little weird but as long as they humanly slaughtered (hypocrisy?) their animals that is what the majorly of animal lovers care about.

When it comes to the meat industry a lot of people turn a blind eye because of two things, one because they enjoy eating meat that much and two because they can look the other way. If they don't have to get their hands dirty then they don't care how their meat is being killed. They put their fingers in their ears and la la la till someone shuts them up by putting a burger in their mouth. They don't need to commit the crime but they get the reward.

Besides a lot of meat eaters would be horrified if they saw a video of someone needlessly harming/killing an animal that they typically eat. It doesn't matter if they eat that animal themselves, its about the action being done to the animal in question, needlessly making animals suffer. No one, meat eaters or not should ever be ok with that ever.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-28 01:53:57

At 3/24/14 10:10 PM, JaY11 wrote: tl;dr in a meat eating society I should be able to murder pets en masse without anybody taking a second glance

You're stupid. Killing something to eat it and killing something for no reason are two very different things.

BBS Signature

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-28 10:37:57

If we didn't eat meat, the world's supply of chickens and cows would be drastically smaller.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-28 12:41:43

At 3/28/14 01:31 AM, Gagsy wrote: When it comes to the meat industry a lot of people turn a blind eye because of two things, one because they enjoy eating meat that much and two because they can look the other way. If they don't have to get their hands dirty then they don't care how their meat is being killed. They put their fingers in their ears and la la la till someone shuts them up by putting a burger in their mouth. They don't need to commit the crime but they get the reward.

I agree with this

Besides a lot of meat eaters would be horrified if they saw a video of someone needlessly harming/killing an animal that they typically eat. It doesn't matter if they eat that animal themselves, its about the action being done to the animal in question, needlessly making animals suffer. No one, meat eaters or not should ever be ok with that ever.

You're right but the thing is they are killed/made to suffer needlessly because in modern society meat isn't a need any more, it's a want. I think the actions that are typically done already to animals that are used for food are morally corrupt.

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-28 12:49:34

At 3/28/14 04:45 AM, supergandhi64 wrote:
At 3/28/14 03:51 AM, Snovv wrote: You need vitamin B12 which is only found in meat....
Or Just About Any General Vitamin Supplement . . . I'm Not Surprised That People Who Eat Meat Would Be Desperately Grasping For Straws In Order To Justify Their Diet Though. After All Vegetarianism & Veganism Are Objectively Superior Diets & A Diet Of Meat (Red Meat In Particular) Isn't Really Defensible. It's Always The Meat Eaters Who Bring Up This Subject Because Deep Down They Know Their Convenient Dietary Habits Are Inferior To The More Ascetic & Spartan Vegetarian Diets In Anything Except Creature Comforts

--supergandhi64

and where the fuck you think those supplements come from they come from an animal you dumbass
sure it can come from algae but allot supplements come from animals as well as plants.

Morality of Eating Meat

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-28 13:01:43

At 3/28/14 12:27 AM, Piggler wrote: Up until around 5 weeks ago I had been eating meat at least once a day for the last 19 years, then I just decided to stop eating meat and animal by products and processed food more or less just for the hell of it. I find now that I do feel comparably better than before, but then again I might've confused my increased health with the effects of my previously ceased smoking habit a few weeks before.

that's cool, like i've mentioned in this thread already i've been trying to incorporate more vegetarian meals into my diet but I couldn't imagine straight up dropping meat just yet

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-28 13:57:43

At 3/28/14 01:01 PM, JaY11 wrote:
At 3/28/14 12:27 AM, Piggler wrote:

that's cool, like i've mentioned in this thread already i've been trying to incorporate more vegetarian meals into my diet but I couldn't imagine straight up dropping meat just yet

you don't have to completely drop meat from your diet just use less and more vegetables and if you do get meat get chicken and get breast meat or wings for a smaller portion both are good choices though, fish is also an excellent choice to get instead of other meats. but yeah chicken and fish are very good choices to get get just have vegetables too and grains.

good example is fish with a side of rice and a mixed salad or grilled chicken with again rice,corn,green beans, or steamed carrots mustard greens or any veggie you want.

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-28 15:20:20

At 3/28/14 02:50 PM, supergandhi64 wrote:

i can do what ever the fuck i want im not gonna stop im gonna speak my opinion you ass

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-28 21:21:37

At 3/28/14 12:41 PM, JaY11 wrote:
You're right but the thing is they are killed/made to suffer needlessly because in modern society meat isn't a need any more, it's a want. I think the actions that are typically done already to animals that are used for food are morally corrupt.

I don't eat meat myself but I don't pretend that meat isn't still a USEFUL part of a humans diet. Yes we can suffer without it but many of us vegetarians end up with low iron levels due to not eating meat. Of course there are ways to combat this but many don't, do many kinda suffer.

I agree that the way animals are killed are morally corrupt. Look a Halal. Throats slit while the animal is conscious all in the name of religion? Loads of bollocks and I'm all for people expressing their religious usually. In this day and age though religious should never ever be used as a means to justify suffering, not for humans or animals.

We won't change though. Humans are the most barbaric and ironically inhumane species going. Some of us are good, some are not, ultimately the most damaging part is that the majority of people just don't care. And that is why it won't change.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-28 21:43:28

Eating meat is ok because it's inconvinient for it not to be. For the same reason people will argue to their grave that a fetus isn't a human until it reaches a specific point on their arbitrary timetable; people find it easier to just eat meat and get over the fact that an animal was killed for it because otherwise they'd have to give up something they enjoy to not be a hypocrite.

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-29 10:05:58

Killing is a tiny part of the argument, isn't it? I think it's the only part of the debate where comparing human and consumed animals' consciousnesses is relevant, too. Not so much with regard to pigs and other mammals, but I suppose there's every reason why depriving an animal like a fish of its life, of which it probably has no concept, is not comparable to killing a human. But it's totally irrelevant as far as non-abstract processes of pain and suffering are concerned.

Anyway there's our answer, so we can all go home now. It's been a pretty decent thread as far as vegetarianism on Newgrounds is concerned, though.

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-29 12:13:14

There's one major argument against that. It's that wild carnivores kill animals and each meat all the time. In fact, we might even be more ethical about it, but I don't know much about the statistics. You're going to have to turn all the meat eaters vegan if you want that. I think it's because cats and dogs are useful, in that they were used to catch mice or sniff things out or something.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-29 22:07:46

At 3/29/14 09:46 PM, Spooky wrote:
At 3/29/14 12:13 PM, Ericho wrote: There's one major argument against that. It's that wild carnivores kill animals and each meat all the time.
Terrible argument.

sup

Morality of Eating Meat

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-30 00:00:36

Humans will continue to eat meat as long as meat is provided.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-30 07:31:09

At 3/30/14 12:00 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Humans will continue to eat meat as long as meat is provided.

So will other meat eating animals. Unless of course if/when those are extinct

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-30 09:58:17

At 3/29/14 10:07 PM, kazumazkan wrote: sup

Wow, one carnivore eating another. I guess it's the circle of life well enough.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-30 10:52:40

At 3/29/14 10:57 PM, Spooky wrote:
There's one major argument against that. It's that wild carnivores kill animals and each meat all the time.
Terrible argument.
sup
I don't get it.

animals eat other animals in this case its carnivore vs carnivore

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Morality of Eating Meat 2014-03-30 11:15:15

At 3/30/14 10:52 AM, kazumazkan wrote:
animals eat other animals in this case its carnivore vs carnivore

I think what he doesn't get is how at all it it's a relevant argument for anything.

fascinating photograph though