I thought it'd be a good idea to reboot this activity thread from a few years ago. The idea is that you develop the last step of a creature into a new one, and that this chain is carried on by the following posters! Hopefully we'll develop some interesting concepts!
How this will work is:
- You pick one of the existing evolution branches (A or B), and say that you will be working on it.
- Declare how long you will be spending on it! Minimum is 1 hour, maximum is 1 day.
- Develop your concept within the time you requested.
- If you go over the time you requested, it will be assumed that you've dropped out and somebody else can develop it.
- Post it, so that somebody else can tinker with it!
- You've gotta call a branch! Otherwise somebody will be wasting their time.
- Evolve the creature slowly, since we want to see how the creature develops! I would expect a cell to evolve into a bug within 2 stages, and a bug into a mouse in 2 additional stages.
- Don't make new branches, otherwise the thread will become a mess.
- Don't be greedy with time, otherwise you'll kill the project with inactivity!
- I reserve the right to remove images if people evolve too quickly or do a crappy doodle.
- New rules might be added as we go along.
And most importantly:
- Have fun! Perform to the best of your ability, but make sure it's not difficult for someone to develop. Don't go bananas with detail, and everybody's happy!
Here's the two starting cells, I hope this goes well, so good luck!