00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dudled Craft (mc Texturepack)

761 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Dudled Craft (mc Texturepack) 2014-03-13 11:49:07

Art?Yup pretty sure this goes into art :D

==================
(From PMC)
Anyone remember this great unfinished texture pack that I started work on 2 years ago?Well I have some great news for all minecrafters.I will update this texture pack, in 256x ( I'll make smaller versions for people like me with old laptops).I will somehow convert it to a resource pack even though I haven't made any texture packs in ages so I have no idea how those work.

So have fun and stay updated for the soon to come changes, I'll hopefully cover all the textures by next week and the pack will be fully finished in around 2 weeks time since I already begun working on it.I'll probably just start making a port of the texture pack for the invidual mods in the Technic Pack etc but that is more of a long terms project.
==================

If anyone wants to check out the unfinished old version here it is still, in its full glory!!! :

Old Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?p9shug205i1bg3h (NOTE: Minecraft 1.1 and unfinished)

==================

I'm posting this here because I'm mainly looking for suggestion on what I should do with this.I'm deciding to start working on this texture pack again ( and finishing it this time) but I'm not sure how and using what and so on.

Any suggesstions on what kind of background paper(lines, squares or just plain paper) I should use, what kind of art style (Crud doodle style like from a school copy or if you where day dreaming in class or a more refined style with more kind of straighter lines and tech graphicy touch to it), what kind of lines (heavy, light, wiggly, straight etc) and colors(brighter colors, no colors, pencil shading, light color shading, heavy shading etc) and so on.

So any suggestions at all are more than welcome and how I can improve from my last attempt at making this texture pack.

Dudled Craft (mc Texturepack)

BBS Signature

Response to Dudled Craft (mc Texturepack) 2014-03-13 17:01:39

Don't play minecraft, but this is pretty cool. I didn't know you can do your own custom textures. I'd suggest maybe using brighter colors if possible and bolder black lines.

How many types of blocks are there? Seems like it would take a while to do all of them

Response to Dudled Craft (mc Texturepack) 2014-03-14 03:37:22

At 3/13/14 05:01 PM, Izzy-A wrote: Don't play minecraft, but this is pretty cool. I didn't know you can do your own custom textures. I'd suggest maybe using brighter colors if possible and bolder black lines.

How many types of blocks are there? Seems like it would take a while to do all of them

I don't play minecraft that much as I used to.Well I barely play it nowadays and have no idea of how anything works past 1.5.
I was just scrolling through my projects on PMC and noticed this and that it had quite a nice response even though it wasn't even finished.
There are a huge number of blocks, items and models and it is probably going to take a while to do them all but I have time to burn since I'm not much of a social person and so on.
I think the resource pack that came in to replace the texture pack system is going to make it alot easier since as far as I know 1 image=1 block so less editing and aligning them into a good ol' grid.

BBS Signature