00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

swivel Error #1009

3,480 Views | 10 Replies

swivel Error #1009 2014-03-12 13:45:04

Hey ,
I got this error when i used to convert swf to HD video
please i need your

Whoa! Something bad happened, and the program blew up. Sorry about that!
Please copy and paste this junk and send it to mike@newgrounds.com along with the SWF you were converting:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
Method(haxe.io.BytesInput,readBytes)
Method(haxe.io.Input,readAll)
Method(format.swf.Reader,readHeader)
Method(format.swf.Reader,read)
Method(com.newgrounds.swivel.swf.SwfUtils,getSwf)
Method(com.newgrounds.swivel.swf.SwfUtils,_getAs3Tag)
Method(com.newgrounds.swivel.swf.SwivelMutator,mutate)
Method(com.newgrounds.swivel.SwivelController,runTask)
Method(com.newgrounds.swivel.SwivelController,runTaskDelay)

Response to swivel Error #1009 2014-03-13 01:07:13

At 3/12/14 04:43 PM, Zachary wrote: "Please copy and paste this junk and send it to mike@newgrounds.com along with the SWF you were converting"

i did it :( no answer

Response to swivel Error #1009 2014-03-13 08:37:20

Yah I think they dropped support on that OR Mike doesn't work at Newgrounds anymore so he stopped checking that email.

Best thing to do is to PM Tom.

Response to swivel Error #1009 2014-09-19 15:14:50

At 3/12/14 01:45 PM, loldraw wrote: Hey ,
please i need your

Please copy and paste this junk and send it to mike@newgrounds.com along with the SWF you were converting:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

Hi! I had the same problem, but I finally figured out what was going on! If you are using special characters in the file name, this could be the cause of the problem (I speak spanish and spanish has special characters like "ñ" "á" "é" "í" "ó" "ú"). I changed the file name and I only included letters, numbers and underscores (but you can use the spacebar instead of underscores). I didn't have that problem with Flash CS6, but now I use Flash CC 2014.

Hope this works :)

Response to swivel Error #1009 2015-12-08 10:40:19

Hi! I had the same problem, but I finally figured out what was going on! If you are using special characters in the file name, this could be the cause of the problem (I speak spanish and spanish has special characters like "ñ" "á" "é" "í" "ó" "ú"). I changed the file name and I only included letters, numbers and underscores (but you can use the spacebar instead of underscores). I didn't have that problem with Flash CS6, but now I use Flash CC 2014.

I have changed the name like 20 times and it doesn't work anyways; with caps, without caps, with numbers, without numbers, space, etc, what can i do?

Response to swivel Error #1009 2015-12-08 13:36:21

Stop being obsolete you fuck

Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature

Response to swivel Error #1009 2019-05-29 16:49:33

I had the same problem too, and it's important save your (.fla) file with a name without "ñ", "á", etc. not only the .swf file. If you only change the name from the swf the problem continues.

Response to swivel Error #1009 2019-07-27 16:09:20 (edited 2019-07-27 16:11:22)

At 9/19/14 03:14 PM, Randomizado wrote:
At 3/12/14 01:45 PM, loldraw wrote: Hey ,
please i need your

(Sorry, if I have mistakes in English) Hello! I'm beginner at animating and I have same problem with Swivel. I use Adobe Animate (not Adobe Flash) and I have a questions. First: can I export my animation to .swf and not to .mov without any conflicts? I have an export file path: .../my computer/videos/test animation.mov

I changed .mov to .swf. Can I do it without any conflicts? Maybe error appears because I changed it to .swf.

Second question: Can I convert to swf without using Adobe Flash (Only Adobe Animate)?

I hope you understand me, thanks!

Response to swivel Error #1009 2019-07-28 18:44:35

At 12/8/15 01:36 PM, MykeiXWolfe wrote: Stop being obsolete you fuck

I will never stop being obsolete sweetie.

FLASH FOR LIFE!!!

Response to swivel Error #1009 2022-05-12 08:02:04

At 5/12/22 07:43 AM, kirbitus wrote:
kill yourself

lol wat why bump an old thread this way

Response to swivel Error #1009 2022-05-12 08:03:51

At 5/12/22 07:43 AM, kirbitus wrote:
kill yourself

iu_633460_6715108.jpg

Notorious internet cunt