TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 11:48 AM Reply

Everybody wish MindChamber a happy birthday! Ya know what is a great birthday gift? Following someone's account on NG! So... Follow MindChamber!

To celebrate his birthday, MindChamber has released all his Pixel Puncher sprites to the public domain.

Pixel Puncher is a game MindChamber and I worked on years ago but never saw to completion. The sprites are now out in the wild for anyone who wants to play with them.

We're also releasing our unfinished demo of Pixel Puncher, but it's part of an experiment; it is only available to supporters.

Supporters: Check out this unfinished demo of Pixel Puncher!

Now this isn't reason alone to become a supporter and there's no guarantee we won't release it to the general public in a few months. For the moment it's just an additional way of saying "Thank You" to everyone who has become a supporter, as well as an experiment to see if our numbers jump up.

We've seen an uptick in supporters ever since moving it to a dedicated purchasing system with Paypal support. Besides being a huge help to the NG budget and allowing us to ultimately sponsor more content, it is also exciting to know that more people are browsing NG without ads, which makes the whole site way better.

If we could average ten supporters per day, it would be a huge boon to NG and there would be 300 more people each month who are enjoying NG the way it's supposed to be enjoyed, strengthening the core community as a result. It's exciting to think about!

In other news, we are opening the store for a single day on Thursday for everyone who had check-out problems during the final days of the store. There isn't a lot left but we have tons of Tankmen and Penicorns if you want one of those.

Also coming soon, a new game by Sakupen! You may remember him from these:

• Dad's Home
    Dad's Home by Sakupen

Dad's Home! Yes, he sure is.

Score
    4.31 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • Dad's at Work
    Dad's at Work by Sakupen

Dad's back

Score
    4.31 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 13+
  • Dadgame
    Dadgame by Sakupen

Look out everyone! Dad's....in Overtime!!!!!!

Score
    4.43 / 5.00
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 13+
  • Titanomachina
    Titanomachina by Sakupen

This Titanic battle will determine the fate of mankind...

Score
    4.43 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 13+

You should follow him too so you get notified the moment he publishes!

In fact, let's try something... Sakupen has 8,120 Fans at the moment. How about he gets the go-ahead to publish when he reaches 8,500 fans?

I should have consulted him on that ahead of time so this might blow up in my face, but hopefully not.

If you missed it, check out the Best of February.

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Art Lover
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 11:55 AM Reply

Happy Birthday, MindChamber!

Woot PixelPuncher!

Yay Store!

O HAI Sakupen!

Going to follow him now. Partly because I want Tom to succeed with the fan number, but mainly for Titanomachina and his upcoming projects.

BBS Signature
ChazDude
ChazDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Artist
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 11:55 AM Reply

Happy Birthday, MindChamber!

Also, a new game by Sakupen? I'm intrigued...

I tell you what, for a 15 year old you have some sweet talent - deckheadtottie

BBS Signature
Whirlguy
Whirlguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Animator
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 12:22 PM Reply

Oh hey, a newgrounds secret :)
Pixelpuncher actually looks like 2006 haha. I'm excited about tomorrow!

Whirlguy Whirls your Whirld.

BBS Signature
deathink
deathink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 12:36 PM Reply

@MindChamber Happy birthday my man.

"NEWGROUNDS, it's everything to everyone" -RicePirate

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 12:37 PM Reply

Can't wait to see you dump the sprites and demo files for the game you're working on now with JohnnyUtah! That'll probably happen in 2019, right?

Sig by FB - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Whirlguy
Whirlguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Animator
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 12:39 PM Reply

Oh, where are my manners? Happy birthday MindChamber!

Whirlguy Whirls your Whirld.

BBS Signature
squidly
squidly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 12:52 PM Reply

How much do you guys make off of Supporter Upgrades per user compared to Ad Rev? There's probably a whole lot of math involved, and it's probably a whole lot more, but give a guesstimate?

It's the only way out!

Indeks
Indeks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 12:53 PM Reply

Happy Birthday Mindchamber

wish you everything best

Dzemal Cobic (Indeks)

BBS Signature
MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 01:13 PM Reply

At 3/12/14 12:52 PM, squidly wrote: How much do you guys make off of Supporter Upgrades per user compared to Ad Rev? There's probably a whole lot of math involved, and it's probably a whole lot more, but give a guesstimate?

ARPU is low as hell for just ads. For flash ads we get like a tenth of a penny per view, so NG can't be doing too much better than that. If you somehow view over 10k ads in a year, then you might be doing more than the supporter upgrade.

ARPPU > ARPU
DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 01:49 PM Reply

Happy Birthday Mindchamber.

Also hurray for the store re-opening. Not really sure if I'll be buying anything though, but best of luck to those who are.

I pretty much got everything I wanted already, and got to go easy on the spending now.

TF2 Crew I User Icon Makers Club I Source Filmmaker Crew I
NEWGROUNDS TF2 Server: 192.223.24.28

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 01:51 PM Reply

At 3/12/14 12:37 PM, ZJ wrote: Can't wait to see you dump the sprites and demo files for the game you're working on now with JohnnyUtah! That'll probably happen in 2019, right?

:(

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 01:56 PM Reply

At 3/12/14 01:51 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/12/14 12:37 PM, ZJ wrote: Can't wait to see you dump the sprites and demo files for the game you're working on now with JohnnyUtah! That'll probably happen in 2019, right?
(

That probably came off in more of a "This bad thing will happen" asshole vibe than I meant for. I'm sure it'll be out and will be great!

Sig by FB - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 02:07 PM Reply

Pixel Puncher looks fun. A shame it won't come out

Damien
Damien
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Artist
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 02:29 PM Reply

The moment I get my first internet paycheck, it's going straight back into Newgrounds!

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 03:16 PM Reply

At 3/12/14 11:48 AM, TomFulp wrote: Supporters: Check out this unfinished demo of Pixel Puncher!

Nice. How about a list of Exclusives right by Secrets?

In fact, let's try something... Sakupen has 8,120 Fans at the moment. How about he gets the go-ahead to publish when he reaches 8,500 fans?

I'd follow but... I'm already following. :/ MC too.

Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 04:16 PM Reply

I want a Supporter Upgrade as soon as I can. :L

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Wiesi
Wiesi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 05:03 PM Reply

Happy Birthday, MindChamber!!

miJmitoo
miJmitoo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 05:04 PM Reply

Thanks Tom. Now I think it's about time my over-inflated contemplation (about NG's sad, but memorable store closing) starts and finishes a 2D/3D toon with a few favs. thrown in (2 days mabs).

Chaz
Chaz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 05:09 PM Reply

Loving the Sonic remix in the trailer for PixelPuncher, works really well in that genré.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 05:16 PM Reply

At 3/12/14 03:16 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/12/14 11:48 AM, TomFulp wrote: Supporters: Check out this unfinished demo of Pixel Puncher!
Nice. How about a list of Exclusives right by Secrets?

We do plan to do that as we add more stuff. At the least, I plan to release the unfinished Pico 2 for supporters on Pico Day... Not joking around this time!

BBS Signature
ImpendingRiot
ImpendingRiot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 05:40 PM Reply

Any NG merch going to be for sale at PAX Tom? Or should I pull the trigger Thursday to be on the safe side

Word to your mother

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 05:49 PM Reply

At 3/12/14 05:40 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote: Any NG merch going to be for sale at PAX Tom? Or should I pull the trigger Thursday to be on the safe side

Won't have any NG merch at PAX but there will be lots of cool Behemoth merch!

BBS Signature
TimFelt
TimFelt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Filmmaker
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 05:51 PM Reply

Well hi there Tom, fancy seeing you again.
Guess you haven't gotten the mail i sent you, unles you delete them.

(:

I'm your alt.

chris-the-stick2
chris-the-stick2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 07:24 PM Reply

hey, happy birthday mindchamper!

also, the game seems epic tom!

its nice to see sakupen doing new stuff, heh, the new game will be awesome, im sure (i love the dad series BTW).

also: store open for 1 day? hahaha, i guess i wasnt late then :D
and pico 2 ? OMG, i would love to see that, i still remember how this project stopped years ago....
what happened to it?!

anyway, keep up the good work, tom, you (and this place) rock!

JoSilver
JoSilver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
MidNightMaren
MidNightMaren
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Game Developer
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 07:59 PM Reply

The Demo looks promising. It's really a shame you guys never finished it.
The problem back in 2009 was exporting, right? Can't that somehow be overturned now?

Happy birthday to MindChamber

sonicxpopcorn
sonicxpopcorn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 08:14 PM Reply

How do I accept the demo? Anyone gimme link? :/

Hi there! My name is sonicxpopcorn!
I'm Cute7546 in Club Penguin and YeahToontownRocks in ROBLOX!

SinclairStrange
SinclairStrange
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 08:20 PM Reply

Woo, nice little tech demo. :) Twas pretty fun and damn the art is cool a fook!

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Pixel Puncher Demo, Store & Sakupen Mar. 12th, 2014 @ 08:30 PM Reply

What a cool perk for supporters. I really should do that but now i've spent enough at the NG store my spousal unit is not happy. I'm wearing my brand spanking new RAB t-shirt and it's quite a handsome shirt.

¥ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ¥
¥ ¥
Blag [updated: 4/20/2014] ¥ ¥

BBS Signature