00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pc Vs Console

3,159 Views | 33 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Pc Vs Console 2014-03-20 19:53:25

At 3/20/14 04:57 PM, orangebomb wrote: At 3/20/14 04:27 PM, TyrionLannister wrote
Another point is, is that EA and other major developers hate piracy and over exaggerate the issue and problem. They are able to do this because they have the money to have such campaigns.
Of course they hate piracy because they're not getting any money off of this, obviously. While no one isn't going to weep for them in that regard, you must remember that piracy of games is still a big issue throughout the industry, otherwise they wouldn't go through the trouble with the DRM. Plus, the majority of gamers who pirate games in the first place can more than afford the $60 for a respective game, and with that, their reasons for pirating games is petty and weak.

DRM and pirating is an arms race, and DRM will always lose to piracy. Always. People who pirate games have a multitude of reasons. DRM and affordability are just two of them. Censorship is also a problem for others who live in countries such as Germany or Australia. A good example of this is SouthPark: The stick of truth. In many cases, developers aren't even losing cash as people pirate a game, as the game is not even allowed to be sold in any retail or online environment at all. Other than having some guy drive to another country to buy a retail copy from a store, what are you going to do? You can't download it via steam by using a VPN because the moment you disable the VPN, it will become region locked and you won't be able to play it. In this case, the only way to actually play the game is via piracy.

It's really not the issue that you think it is. Piracy really is a victimless crime.
No it's not. You're an idiot if you really believe that, try saying that to the developers and see what response you'll get from them.

Ad hominem doesn't refute the argument. =/ Let's not take it to a flame war eh?

You wouldn't steal a car....

I would in a goddamn heart beat if I could download it.
If you can't afford to get new games, much less have the patience to wait for a price drop or get it online for less, then maybe you should re-think your priorities, not that I care.

Let's not pretend to know assume anything about eachother's priorities please. It does not add anything to the discussion.

Response to Pc Vs Console 2014-03-20 23:18:57

At 3/20/14 07:53 PM, TyrionLannister wrote: stuff

I knew you were going to say something like that. This video will explain my viewpoint a lot better than just mere words, particularly around 3:15 or so. Link

You didn't exactly answer the question. Plus, your points weren't the most intelligent out there, therefore the insult was valid.

Let's not pretend to know assume anything about eachother's priorities please. It does not add anything to the discussion.

How bout you answer the responses instead of ducking them? My points still stands as is, and you haven't exactly convinced me to consider your opinion that much.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Pc Vs Console 2014-03-21 00:22:53

At 3/20/14 11:18 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 3/20/14 07:53 PM, TyrionLannister wrote: stuff
I knew you were going to say something like that. This video will explain my viewpoint a lot better than just mere words, particularly around 3:15 or so. Link

That video is unavailable.

You didn't exactly answer the question. Plus, your points weren't the most intelligent out there, therefore the insult was valid.

You did not ask a question. Insults are never valid per logic rules.

How bout you answer the responses instead of ducking them? My points still stands as is, and you haven't exactly convinced me to consider your opinion that much.

My and your priorities are irrelevant in this discussion.

Response to Pc Vs Console 2014-03-21 20:25:45

gamers will move towards PCs as consoles become entertainment hubs