00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why are movies getting tv shows?

2,381 Views | 39 Replies

Response to Why are movies getting tv shows? 2014-03-27 03:52:12

This is not a new trend. Not by far.

Response to Why are movies getting tv shows? 2014-03-27 04:06:29

Really? No one is going to mention Ghost Busters?

Response to Why are movies getting tv shows? 2014-03-27 17:34:35

At 3/27/14 03:52 AM, Blink-the-God wrote: This is not a new trend. Not by far.

I'm not say it is. But that doesn't take away the why.

At 3/27/14 07:05 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: Ferris Bueller's Day Off would make an AMAZING TV series!

They tried that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferris_Bueller_(TV_series)

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Why are movies getting tv shows? 2014-03-30 16:48:58

At 3/27/14 05:34 PM, stafffighter wrote:
At 3/27/14 03:52 AM, Blink-the-God wrote: This is not a new trend. Not by far.
I'm not say it is. But that doesn't take away the why.

Because people are willing to watch that shit is why. Discovery Channel is 99% shit and 0% educational now.

Response to Why are movies getting tv shows? 2014-04-04 23:10:20

I was just watching Hannibal and they showed a advert for a Rosemary's Baby show.

But I think this is a mini-series, and not an actual show.

Response to Why are movies getting tv shows? 2014-04-05 13:07:46

blankpostwithnomeaningjustlookathepicture

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Why are movies getting tv shows? 2014-04-05 13:19:00

I suppose staff, the tv show to movie thing doesn't work anymore, or did it ever. You probably know better than I do but what was the last film based on a tv show that actually did well at the box office? They really don't tend to at all. Lucky to break even most of them. And the movie to tv formula seems to work, certainly in terms of longevity. Buffy was based on an awful awful movie and it stemmed a brilliant tv show which made it to 7 seasons, which itself got a 5 season spin off and now a rather large comic series, forgetting merchandise. It keeps the franchise alive when movies have more chance of ending everything if the money doesn't balance up at the end of it.

At 3/11/14 10:05 PM, Darthdenim wrote: I just remember that MTV has a Teen Wolf show.

Is that show any good, or what? I never hear people talking about it.

Teen Wolf is totes mcgoats one of my very favourite tv shows atm. But then it does include a lot of shirtless men and boy do I mean a lot. People let the fact that its on MTV and called Teen Wolf stop them from watching but its actually a really decent show. imo.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Why are movies getting tv shows? 2014-04-05 13:19:48

At 4/4/14 11:10 PM, Darthdenim wrote: I was just watching Hannibal and they showed a advert for a Rosemary's Baby show.

But I think this is a mini-series, and not an actual show.

So, basically it's Baby Bob but with Satan? I'd watch that.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Why are movies getting tv shows? 2014-04-05 13:37:09

I dig Bates Motel a bunch, but if they did a TV sequel to Psycho rather than a prequel, I think it'd be pretty dumb. Watching Norman Bates lose his lil' mind is plenty entertaining, and i'd much prefer it over a story of Bates after being arrested that just drags his already-established character out over several seasons until he's run into the ground.

I guess my point is that you should show folks shit they'll care about instead of taking a story everyone knows and going "Let's do this until everyone's sick of it."

also don't do the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D "let's take all the superheroes out of this superhero popcorn flick and make it a show" approach

Response to Why are movies getting tv shows? 2014-04-05 14:08:03

Because they think the fanbase will love it when really we I liked where it ended. It's like the Disney movies having their own tv shows...we just didn't really give a hoot.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature