New Topic Respond to this Topic
MarcusRaven
MarcusRaven
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Question about non-commercial use Mar. 9th, 2014 @ 03:07 PM Reply

So I'm curious about something, because I don't want to do anything wrong.

I'm looking for a short song that will fit the intro of a video series I'm making, but I want to use YouTube's ad revenue system on this series to help fund its continuation. Would this violate the non-commercial use a lot of music here has?

Time is priceless, waste it wisely...

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Question about non-commercial use Mar. 9th, 2014 @ 04:22 PM Reply

At 3/9/14 03:07 PM, MarcusRaven wrote: So I'm curious about something, because I don't want to do anything wrong.

I'm looking for a short song that will fit the intro of a video series I'm making, but I want to use YouTube's ad revenue system on this series to help fund its continuation. Would this violate the non-commercial use a lot of music here has?

Yes, it would. Soon as any money is involved, it is no longer non-commercial.

If you want to monetize your youtube videos with music from this site, you must contact the artist and ask permission and come to an agreement. They may let you use it for free, or ask for some form of compensation... Depends on the person.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
AeroMusic
AeroMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Question about non-commercial use Mar. 9th, 2014 @ 04:39 PM Reply

At 3/9/14 03:07 PM, MarcusRaven wrote: So I'm curious about something, because I don't want to do anything wrong.

yeah it violates the non-commercial license - but just PM or ask the author and I'm sure most of them wont mind

also, ALL the music here is automatically under the CC license