00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiler91 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday!

17,434 Views | 62 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-08 02:36:13

Newgrounds has had interns? I wish I had known that before I got an internship. Will you guys have a job open Summer 2015? :) (PS Brewster is great)

Super FTC!

It's terrible, but I'm trying to make it better.

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-08 02:44:39

At 3/7/14 11:41 PM, Oolaph wrote:
At 3/7/14 11:30 PM, ClockworkSpace wrote: I have an official NG logo t-shirt, does this mean I'll be super-cool in 5 years time?
No, you'll just be regular cool. Super-cool is reserved for people with the classic NG logo shirt.

The fuck? Don't you mean:

Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday!

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-08 02:49:16

tom fulp unlock the nice boy

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-08 02:59:12

At 3/8/14 02:44 AM, Migashi wrote:
At 3/7/14 11:41 PM, Oolaph wrote:
At 3/7/14 11:30 PM, ClockworkSpace wrote: I have an official NG logo t-shirt, does this mean I'll be super-cool in 5 years time?
No, you'll just be regular cool. Super-cool is reserved for people with the classic NG logo shirt.
The fuck? Don't you mean:

Holy fuck; scratch that... I apologize. I was having a throwback moment while hitting the bong and I must have hit that shit way to hard to begin posting again. Fuck man... oops.

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-08 03:35:53

on a side note is there anything at all we can do about the issue with internet explorer not being able to load ANY games or movies that use the new ad system? (basicly anything thats rated E or T) its kinda bullshit especialy considering some of them are throwing us non optional popup ads even though we see nothing as far as the game window goes.

what signature? i see no signature here.

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-08 03:37:16

small edit: "use another browser" doesnt count as a fix.

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-08 04:00:52

and edit 2: (many apologies for the triplepost but i cant seem to find an edit button (havent used the forums much sorry))
issue with the auto non optional popup thing is related to some of the ads that show in the usual spots not the unloading one in the unloading video/game spot. being as this has just started happening the day after the store closed im gonna make an ass of myself and assume that tom decided to start getting some more ads up on the sight. if im wrong im wrong. if im right it might be a good idea to check through them a bit man. namely they are throwing up stuff thats telling me to download stuff because well for example "my drivers are out of date" or "i need this file to watch videos!" that crap. we have all seen it before and (hopefully) know not to click the button on stuff like this. (its obviously not a legit download because the spelling on half of them is so terrible that a 5 year old could do better) the fact that they are throwing me popups and even a couple of them auto starting their downloads is whats got me ticked. sorry for the rage man but yeah this is a bit rediculous.

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-08 11:22:39

Archived in the Wiki? But pictures don't work if you click them...

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-08 11:34:56

At 3/7/14 03:50 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Create a piece of art inspired by a song on NG and participate in RealFaction's contest!

Might be a tad late to point this out, but the way you worded it sounded like we make pictures inspired by music... But it's actually the other way around, you create music that is inspired by a piece of art in the art portal. I totally clicked that because I thought it would be a fun contest, but alas, it was swapped. D:

Just thought it'd point it out. :)

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-08 12:56:15

No tom, thank YOU!

my posters came in less than 24 hours, and they look so beautiful :O
it even came with a newgrounds sticker!

I should've bought from the store forever ago, tbh.

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-08 16:33:51

STENCYL!!!

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-08 17:31:14

Tis a day of sadness for the Newgrounds Nation.

RIP ng store.

Maybe we'll one day see a return of it? or am I being too optimistic..

PSN ID: CatFatius

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-08 17:35:48

I am a pirate.

Har har yardy yarrrr.

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-08 18:27:45

please new / nds do not go!

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-08 19:30:59

At 3/7/14 04:19 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/7/14 04:02 PM, DrClay wrote: That's funny, because when I click on the store page link you posted in the other thread, I still get these listed.
Glitch?
What happens if I click buy now :P
You might actually be able to buy them... Could give it a shot!

Oh, yeah, Tom! You can always gain a little more, huh?

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-09 01:46:06

Wait, now that the store's gone (I am ensaddened), does this also mean the end of NG calendars and by extension the NG calendar art contest? I always liked those, even though I never bought (I really wanted to) them due to foreign residence and lack of a credit card.

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed dwarf is king.

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-09 09:06:15

Chat doesn't seem to be working...

Cartoonist lad, occasional BBS poster and all-round human hailing from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

NOTICE: Anyone caught posting A.I. 'art' on Newgrounds.com will have their balls ripped off and flushed down the toilet.

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-09 09:46:01

At 3/7/14 06:21 PM, Kkylimos wrote:
At 3/7/14 03:50 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Create a piece of art inspired by a song on NG and participate in RealFaction's contest!
I think its the other way around dude :P The contest seems to be music inspired from art , not the opposite.

DAAAAMN thanks for noticing that, fixed! I had it all right in the original draft, but then I re-wrote it to attempt to be more of a call to action but I flipped everything around in the process!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-09 09:51:13

At 3/7/14 10:45 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Funny how the store is slightly glitched. Question though, will this mean moments where mystery boxes appear in the future?

Also, "Unlocked Secrets". Does this mean the rest will be coming back? <3

If we re-open the store for a day this week to give a chance to all the people who had check-out problems, there is also a chance we might do some mystery boxes.

Also I'd like to get some secrets going again but there's nothing in that space that is in the works at this very moment.

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-09 15:12:59

EVERYTHING that was sold in the store is listed on the Wiki? From when do you count that? I have three Fork Shirts from back when Alien Hominid first hit consoles. (Temporarily lost the first one, bought two more during a special sale, found the first one.) I'd love to see AH updated for Wii U and the rest of the next gen. ^_^

Time is priceless, waste it wisely...

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-09 20:03:09

Will the NG Store ever return? I bet tons of people want the stuff you used to sell!

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-09 20:19:43

At 3/7/14 03:50 PM, TomFulp wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/634905
ALZ was made by dyl, with music by broove. http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/557733
I also noticed dyl is a supporter. Thanks, dyl!

worth all 2,500 pennies, thanks for the shoutout!

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-09 21:40:49

thanks for the plug :3

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-10 08:53:52

At 3/9/14 03:12 PM, MarcusRaven wrote: EVERYTHING that was sold in the store is listed on the Wiki? From when do you count that? I have three Fork Shirts from back when Alien Hominid first hit consoles. (Temporarily lost the first one, bought two more during a special sale, found the first one.) I'd love to see AH updated for Wii U and the rest of the next gen. ^_^

We never sold the AH fork shirts in the store. Did you get that from a convention, or from the Behemoth store maybe?

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-10 09:48:49

At 3/10/14 08:53 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/9/14 03:12 PM, MarcusRaven wrote: EVERYTHING that was sold in the store is listed on the Wiki? From when do you count that? I have three Fork Shirts from back when Alien Hominid first hit consoles. (Temporarily lost the first one, bought two more during a special sale, found the first one.) I'd love to see AH updated for Wii U and the rest of the next gen. ^_^
We never sold the AH fork shirts in the store. Did you get that from a convention, or from the Behemoth store maybe?

Nope. I distinctly remember making the purchase through NG. Granted, this was before the version of the store that is now closing, so maybe that's why?

Time is priceless, waste it wisely...

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-10 10:02:41

At 3/10/14 09:48 AM, MarcusRaven wrote: Nope. I distinctly remember making the purchase through NG. Granted, this was before the version of the store that is now closing, so maybe that's why?

Ahhhh YES - that was when we were doing it with a Paypal checkout, before it got replaced with the official store system. We didn't tie purchases to accounts back then.

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-10 13:31:50

Thanks for the shout out Tom! :)

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-10 16:13:36

The rest of the swag I ordered arrived today, I am happy.

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-10 16:28:09

At 3/10/14 04:26 PM, Amaranthus wrote: Tom can I animate a crappy Supporters Upgrade ad plz?

How crappy?

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye Store, Hello Follow Friday! 2014-03-10 17:21:06

At 3/10/14 04:39 PM, SCTE3 wrote: . By the way, how many of those are left sitting around?

That is a good question. I know some people got 3+ in some mystery boxes, so you guys have to be swimming in them. I have 2 myself.

II II lI

BBS Signature