New Topic Respond to this Topic
kittybat556
kittybat556
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Need a short and simple song Feb. 28th, 2014 @ 09:23 PM Reply

I am making an animation I feel will blossom into something more. I still don't know what it is, but I feel it deep down, like I have a small grasp of story and characters. It's as simple as a desire to animate something from the heart and soul, something that you feel means something to you. Now onto the song I need.

The character I will feature in this animation will be singing. She is female, and I will have artwork of her that I will show through any friendly PMs.

The song must be soft, pleasing to the ear. I may also add an echo effect myself to your sound file, though it depends on how I feel it will fit. I know how to use Audacity and such. Please note that if you do make this song for me, it will be subject to possible effects and echos that are going to be featured in the animation.

Please do the song A Capella. I don't want any actual instrument-born music in it. I just want a simple, beautiful A Capella song that my character would sing in the morning while looking over her garden.

Finally, make the lyrics relate to either the back story of the animation, or some kind of point to get across. I will tell you the details I want for the lyrics if you contact me in a PM.

I won't be able to pay you at this time. But, if you want, I can scrounge around.

KITTENS ROCK!!! :3

Stealth-Emergence
Stealth-Emergence
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Need a short and simple song Mar. 1st, 2014 @ 09:33 AM Reply

At 2/28/14 09:23 PM, kittybat556 wrote: I am making an animation I feel will blossom into something more. I still don't know what it is, but I feel it deep down, like I have a small grasp of story and characters. It's as simple as a desire to animate something from the heart and soul, something that you feel means something to you. Now onto the song I need.

The character I will feature in this animation will be singing. She is female, and I will have artwork of her that I will show through any friendly PMs.

The song must be soft, pleasing to the ear. I may also add an echo effect myself to your sound file, though it depends on how I feel it will fit. I know how to use Audacity and such. Please note that if you do make this song for me, it will be subject to possible effects and echos that are going to be featured in the animation.

Please do the song A Capella. I don't want any actual instrument-born music in it. I just want a simple, beautiful A Capella song that my character would sing in the morning while looking over her garden.

Finally, make the lyrics relate to either the back story of the animation, or some kind of point to get across. I will tell you the details I want for the lyrics if you contact me in a PM.

I won't be able to pay you at this time. But, if you want, I can scrounge around.

I'm a little unsure of whether you intend to animate based on the song, or whether you have an idea in mind and just want a song that fits with that idea.

If the former: then I think it would probably be much more useful to post the images you currently have here for artists to feed from, relying solely on PMs for private showings will only hinder your project by causing unnecessary delays

If it's because you're concerned your artwork may be stolen, well, if it's an animation you're doing, I don't think you have anything to worry about, it would be just a time consuming to rip off your still art as it would be to create a new one for an animation. You can watermark your image to protect it.

If the latter: you need to help the artist by giving them your vision.

Audio Artists required for Charity Album: Read further information here The charity is Jambange

BBS Signature
kittybat556
kittybat556
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Response to Need a short and simple song Mar. 1st, 2014 @ 09:48 AM Reply

First of all, I want it to be the Latter. And second, I only said the whole PM stuff because I didn't have the images at the current time. I have them now, though, so if anyone wants me to post it right now, I can.

Stealth-Emergence
Stealth-Emergence
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Need a short and simple song Mar. 1st, 2014 @ 09:50 AM Reply

At 3/1/14 09:48 AM, kittybat556 wrote: First of all, I want it to be the Latter. And second, I only said the whole PM stuff because I didn't have the images at the current time. I have them now, though, so if anyone wants me to post it right now, I can.

No worries!

I was only trying to be helpful before, wish you luck on your project

Audio Artists required for Charity Album: Read further information here The charity is Jambange

BBS Signature
kittybat556
kittybat556
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Response to Need a short and simple song Mar. 1st, 2014 @ 10:01 AM Reply

No worries!

I was only trying to be helpful before, wish you luck on your project

Thank you! I wish you luck with you're future projects as well!

kittybat556
kittybat556
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Response to Need a short and simple song Mar. 1st, 2014 @ 11:10 AM Reply

I have discovered what I want the song to be. It is an old English folk song from ages past, and I feel it is unusually fitting for the character who will be singing. The song is called the Cuckoo. I have lyrics that have been very slightly rewritten, and will now post them here. Please send me your auditions when you can.

The Cuckoo, she's a pretty bird
She sings as she flies,
She brings us good tidings,
She tells us no lies

She eats the white flowers
To keep her voice clear
The more she sings Cuckoo,
The summer draws ever near

I wish I were a Scholar
And could handle the pen
I would write to my lover
And all roving men
I would tell them of the grief and woe
That attend on their lies,
I would with them have pity
On the flower when it dies

I will also be posting the picture of the main character, Acacia, so you can get an idea of who your singing for. Here's a picture with her pet bird.

Need a short and simple song

Stealth-Emergence
Stealth-Emergence
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Need a short and simple song Mar. 1st, 2014 @ 11:21 AM Reply

Just found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHM4HTNxzYg

Thought it might be helpful to whomever sings the song.

BBS Signature
kittybat556
kittybat556
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Response to Need a short and simple song Mar. 1st, 2014 @ 02:55 PM Reply

I was actually thinking of it being a more haunting tune. But whatever you feel fits best, I will give a listen to.

TicTackLock
TicTackLock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Need a short and simple song Mar. 4th, 2014 @ 04:23 PM Reply

At 3/1/14 02:55 PM, kittybat556 wrote: I was actually thinking of it being a more haunting tune. But whatever you feel fits best, I will give a listen to.

A haunting tune? this guy might let you use his theme

• Sourire Effroyable
    Sourire Effroyable by ZipZipper

Creepy cinematic music with crying babies.

Score
    4.45 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Miscellaneous
    Popularity

kittybat556
kittybat556
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Response to Need a short and simple song Mar. 10th, 2014 @ 02:15 PM Reply

A little too haunting. Try this:

The Cuckoo

kittybat556
kittybat556
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Response to Need a short and simple song Mar. 10th, 2014 @ 09:53 PM Reply

Hey, I'm jumpstarting an older project that was once scrapped. I now need a main theme song for the opening theme.

The anime series is about a lot fo stuff, but mostly about various sentient races trying to find the gates to"Paradise", which is basically heaven. Their world is dying and has no hope to survive, so naturally they look to this universally religious interpretation of a perfect world.

I was wondering if someone could make a Vocaloid-type song or a japanese-sounding song that could use lyrics relating to the apocalypse.