Jambange
Jambange
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Music for a charity 2014-02-28 16:41:15 Reply

Hello Newgrounds Audio People.

Firstly, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Justin, you may otherwise know me as Stealth-Emergence I haven't released any music here for a few weeks, I am currently busy finishing off a website for the charity that I am currently involved with, essentially I'm their go-to-web-guy. I'm doing it purely voluntarily and have no intention of taking/receiving a payment for my work for the charity. I'm aiming to have the relaunch ready in the not-too-distant future (hopefully within the next 2 months), of course, these things can take time and with other committments, etc... it's hard to estimate when this relaunch will occur, but it will be as soon as I can get it done! :-)

Anyway, Jambange is a small, relatively unknown UK Registered Charity Which is trying to expand their operations and increase the amount of good that they do in India. To date, Jambange has managed to fund water barrel projects and on November 2012 completed the construction of the Medical Clinic which stands in Rimbick right now.

More information can be found here: http://jambange.org/about.html

I can take further questions from you if you have any you would like to throw my way.

Now, here's where you guys come in, I've been pondering whether this would be a viable option to help Jambange as a method to not only raise donations but as a way to further Jambange' reach and gain more recognition for the charity. and use it as a promotional tool also, how this aspect will work, I'm not 100% certain on, but I would like to start by firstly establishing who would be willing to contribute a piece of music towards this project?

I think that a good number of tracks would perhaps be around 10 - 12

I had thoughts on a theme for this album, perhaps incorporating an indian vibe or with the use of some Bhangra beats or perhaps with some use of sitars or whatnot, but having spoken to some people via PM, I feel that perhaps this may not be as easily achieved as one would hope for.

If anyone would like to attempt that, that would be great also!

So, if you would like to put your name forward, please do, if you have any thoughts or concerns, don't hesitate to ask away

I look forward to working with you.

Thank you!

For trekking and volunteering opportunities in India, please contact: jambange.org@gmail.com

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-01 06:06:29 Reply

I think I can help with some music. I might even get some "Indian vibe" to it with some live flute player and some percussion :)

Stealth-Emergence
Stealth-Emergence
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-01 06:58:57 Reply

At 3/1/14 06:06 AM, sorohanro wrote: I think I can help with some music. I might even get some "Indian vibe" to it with some live flute player and some percussion :)

That would be amazing and we would be truly thankful for your contribution!

I opened a bandcamp page yesterday for this project, I figured the tracks that the album is comprised of, can reside there.

What I would like to know is, whether the artists should have these tracks freely available anywhere else or only on the bandcamp page where they would be sold for donations!

I'll take thoughts from all participants on this subject and consider taking the consensus view on this and see what everyone else' opinion would be on this.

Audio Artists required for Charity Album: Read further information here The charity is Jambange

BBS Signature
KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-01 11:34:21 Reply

Indian music? :) Me like. Let's do it.

Stealth-Emergence
Stealth-Emergence
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-01 11:42:12 Reply

At 3/1/14 11:34 AM, Elitistinen wrote: Indian music? :) Me like. Let's do it.

I'd love it people can do that, it would be a little more representative of the Charity, considering that's where they aim to help the needful.

But I'm not pushing for it, it's an "If you can, do!" else, We're thankful for contributions of music.

I look forward to hearing the results :-)

I will, (if I can fit it in amongst the website, etc...) try to make a track for inclusion myself!

Audio Artists required for Charity Album: Read further information here The charity is Jambange

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-01 12:32:39 Reply

I do have a song that goes the Indian direction, but I've been working on it for three years (very slowly) and the first incarnation sucked, tried again and it went a very middle eastern way where I played saz on it and I didn't like that way either. I'm trying to make the whole song sound like it's more Indian.

I'll see what I can do and get back to you on it.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Stealth-Emergence
Stealth-Emergence
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-01 12:49:26 Reply

At 3/1/14 12:32 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: I do have a song that goes the Indian direction, but I've been working on it for three years (very slowly) and the first incarnation sucked, tried again and it went a very middle eastern way where I played saz on it and I didn't like that way either. I'm trying to make the whole song sound like it's more Indian.

I'll see what I can do and get back to you on it.

That would be amazing!

I know that goes some times, when you start something with ideas and direction in mind, then you become unhappy with it, etc... it's a nuisance, that's for sure!

No rush though, although I have given a 2 month window, there is flexibilty with that, but it's a ballpark, something to aim for.

BBS Signature
deadbea7
deadbea7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-02 03:27:10 Reply

i'm always down to for the cause. you can use whatever music of mine that you want. you can use all of it for all i care. just let me know if you do.

deadbea7
deadbea7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-02 03:29:42 Reply

i just noticed the indian music thing, it's rather late. i don't (normally) produce that kind of music, but i'll still help in any way that i can for sure. (sorry for the double post)

Stealth-Emergence
Stealth-Emergence
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-02 04:27:46 Reply

At 3/2/14 03:29 AM, deadbea7 wrote: i just noticed the indian music thing, it's rather late. i don't (normally) produce that kind of music, but i'll still help in any way that i can for sure. (sorry for the double post)

As stated, that part isn't essential, but a consideration of it would be nice!

I would prefer to use a newly created track, specifically for this project, as opposed to selecting previously created music for this.

Which kind of ties in to a point I've been wondering, would anyone (that has participated so far) prefer to have this track exclusively for this project?

or

Do you wish to enforce your personal rights to do with your tracks, as you choose?

Personally, I'm torn here, I don't want to take your rights away from your creations

on the flip side, I'd love to have tracks that are exclusive to this project so that we could potentially increase the likelihood of donations for the charity.

In addition, My thoughts are that the tracks could have temporary exclusivity, whereby they'll be exclusively available to this project for a period of 1 year and then perhaps a second charity album could happen in the future!

Please share your thoughts on this sticky issue.

BBS Signature
deadbea7
deadbea7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-02 04:52:35 Reply

At 3/2/14 04:27 AM, Stealth-Emergence wrote:
At 3/2/14 03:29 AM, deadbea7 wrote: i just noticed the indian music thing, it's rather late. i don't (normally) produce that kind of music, but i'll still help in any way that i can for sure. (sorry for the double post)

I would prefer to use a newly created track, specifically for this project, as opposed to selecting previously created music for this.

Which kind of ties in to a point I've been wondering, would anyone (that has participated so far) prefer to have this track exclusively for this project?

or

Do you wish to enforce your personal rights to do with your tracks, as you choose?

Personally, I'm torn here, I don't want to take your rights away from your creations

on the flip side, I'd love to have tracks that are exclusive to this project so that we could potentially increase the likelihood of donations for the charity.

In addition, My thoughts are that the tracks could have temporary exclusivity, whereby they'll be exclusively available to this project for a period of 1 year and then perhaps a second charity album could happen in the future!

i suppose i could look into some indian-style house music. since the house genre seems to be my thing. i'm sure i could tie the two together.

as far as exclusivity; i don't mind it being exclusive to the charity. as long as i had the ability to add it to my soundcloud and share it as i pleased (minus the option of download of course) i'm fine for whatever imo. i'll even mention the charity as i share too. kill two birds with one stone lol

this will also require a bit of thought and research. is there a set timeline as to when this needs to be put together?

Stealth-Emergence
Stealth-Emergence
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-02 04:56:29 Reply

At 3/2/14 04:52 AM, deadbea7 wrote:
At 3/2/14 04:27 AM, Stealth-Emergence wrote:

or

i suppose i could look into some indian-style house music. since the house genre seems to be my thing. i'm sure i could tie the two together.

as far as exclusivity; i don't mind it being exclusive to the charity. as long as i had the ability to add it to my soundcloud and share it as i pleased (minus the option of download of course) i'm fine for whatever imo. i'll even mention the charity as i share too. kill two birds with one stone lol

this will also require a bit of thought and research. is there a set timeline as to when this needs to be put together?

Ahh, I should investigate soundclouds options further. That sounds cool! sure, you can have it elsewhere and stop it from being downloaded. that sounds like a reasonable option.

Like I say, I'm torn but ultimately don't want to take your rights away as creators, I know how I would feel on the flipside, but on this side of the table I want to approach it cautiously.

BBS Signature
Jambange
Jambange
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-03 02:45:07 Reply

So

Anyone else?

For trekking and volunteering opportunities in India, please contact: jambange.org@gmail.com

Jambange
Jambange
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-03 14:23:56 Reply

Just a quick thanks to the kind, selfless, awesome people that are willing to spare some of their free-time for a good cause.

Jambange is currently pursuing options for some form of vehicle, to serve as an ambulance for the locals, As well as trying finance a doctor to work at the medical clinic to help those that need one.

There are some epic plans in place over the next couple of months, really looking forward to how this album will turn out!

There's still time people, any more of you awesome musicians willing to contribute for the benefit of those over in the remote village of Rimbick?

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-03 18:21:59 Reply

Is there a deadline?

Stealth-Emergence
Stealth-Emergence
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-04 02:37:34 Reply

At 3/3/14 06:21 PM, sorohanro wrote: Is there a deadline?

Yes and No

I'm setting it at around 2 Months, I can be lenient on this.

One of the trustees has left for Australia so I'm kind of aiming to have things ready for around the time she returns, shortly after which we'll be picking up the pace and a whole lot of things are planned to help kick things off.

Would be really cool to have this done by then, but there's plenty of time.

BBS Signature
LloydeSorrow
LloydeSorrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-04 03:40:33 Reply

I'd be glad to contribute to this charity :-) I'll begin producing a track for it very soon. I'll try to incorporate a sort of Indian-vibe if I can manage to.

"You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you..."

~ The Legend of Dragoon

Jambange
Jambange
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-04 10:40:25 Reply

At 3/4/14 03:40 AM, LloydeSorrow wrote: I'd be glad to contribute to this charity :-) I'll begin producing a track for it very soon. I'll try to incorporate a sort of Indian-vibe if I can manage to.

That would be awesome, thank you!

Jambange
Jambange
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-05 03:04:34 Reply

Getting excited over here, about this! :-)

I have some additional ideas for this, I shall reserve those for just a little while longer, perhaps until these contributions are submitted.

Until then, Keep 'em coming guys :-)

JRob
JRob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-05 17:35:33 Reply

Aaaaaaand now I'm curious as to what it would sound like if you mixed heavy metal and indian music.

nudge nudge

4:08 PM - Detective Prince: why does it matter HOW MANY of a thing you've watched
4:09 PM - Nor // [Loli]: Anime is a fucking sport

BBS Signature
Stealth-Emergence
Stealth-Emergence
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-05 17:50:32 Reply

At 3/5/14 05:35 PM, JRob wrote: Aaaaaaand now I'm curious as to what it would sound like if you mixed heavy metal and indian music.
nudge nudge

try it, if it's too bad, it might not make it, but go ahead if you fancy giving it a go, as long it isn't satanic and it's relatively cheerful

BBS Signature
supaman321
supaman321
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-05 22:48:33 Reply

Just a quick question...

How long does it have to be?

I am in the progress of making a song for this, and I was just wondering.

BBS Signature
Stealth-Emergence
Stealth-Emergence
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-06 02:35:09 Reply

At 3/5/14 10:48 PM, supaman321 wrote: Just a quick question...

How long does it have to be?

I am in the progress of making a song for this, and I was just wondering.

However long you like

BBS Signature
Jambange
Jambange
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-06 02:41:39 Reply

I think I count 5 - 7 volunteers for this so far.

There's still room for more if any one else would like to contribute.

Jambange
Jambange
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-07 02:57:39 Reply

Good morning honourary Jambis

Any more for any more?

Jambange
Jambange
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-09 03:03:14 Reply

Bumpalicious.

Still recruiting folks!

:-)

w00tw00
w00tw00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-09 18:18:25 Reply

At 3/9/14 03:03 AM, Jambange wrote: Bumpalicious.

Still recruiting folks!

-)

Merp, im in.
Defiantly.

whatever.

BBS Signature
Jambange
Jambange
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-12 15:21:06 Reply

At 3/9/14 06:18 PM, w00tw00 wrote:
At 3/9/14 03:03 AM, Jambange wrote: Bumpalicious.

Still recruiting folks!

-)
Merp, im in.
Defiantly.

Awesome!

Supaman has informed me he has a track ready to submit.

Any more for any more?

Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-12 15:37:08 Reply

I excel in ethnic percussions tbh, i have a fair amount of tracks that contain them wich you can use for your charity.
Water is the most important basic need, so feel free to use my music.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. pm me for (free) hire, depending on your project i will make you a ost.

Jambange
Jambange
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Music for a charity 2014-03-13 02:59:07 Reply

At 3/12/14 03:37 PM, Calamaistr wrote: I excel in ethnic percussions tbh, i have a fair amount of tracks that contain them wich you can use for your charity.
Water is the most important basic need, so feel free to use my music.

Thank you, I really appreciate your offer. I'm hoping for original tracks to be used exclusively for the charity album, if you have the time and fancy composing a piece for it, that would be great also!

So far I've received one entry and gotta say, it's pretty good! :-)