00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Supporter Checkout

15,431 Views | 89 Replies
Respond to this Topic

New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 12:30:21

Heads up if you missed it, we are officially closing the store on March 5th and won't be in the physical goods business any more. A lot of items are deeply discounted so go grab some stuff while you still can!

To prepare for the end of the store, Liljim has created a new Supporter Upgrade center. You can now become a supporter with credit card OR PAYPAL (!!!) and browse NG ad-free. Any future digital purchasing will grow out from this.

Existing supporter status has been merged into the new system and in the next day you should expect your supporter badges to show up below the "Gear" on your stats page. The other supporter status markers remain in full effect.

Thank you everyone who has bought stuff from the store and everyone who has become a supporter!

I know the store closing feels sad, but it takes a big load off us and our future office plans here at NG. We're getting focused on NG's digital life and maximizing the potential for everyone out there working from their bedrooms and garages.

Speaking of which, don't miss your chance to try your hand at game development and enter Stencyl Jam 2014, with cash prizes for the best games!

Also coming up on April 26th is Pico Day 2014, with cash prizes for the best movies, games, art and music.

That will be followed by the Newgrounds Annual Tournament of Animation in May, with prizes as well.

And maybe we'll get back on track with some weekend jams along the way?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 12:33:27

First! So, the new supporter upgrade page glitched the site a bit before coming online... a bit disconcerting!

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 12:34:11

I will probably sit out of NATA this year, but it was fun to try. Glad to see all the contests and competitions going on!

Is Newgrounds broken or is it just me?

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 12:35:28

At 2/24/14 12:33 PM, VicariousE wrote: First! So, the new supporter upgrade page glitched the site a bit before coming online... a bit disconcerting!

No, that was not the cause of the problems. Caching issue with the main css file.

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 12:35:58

Those high shipping costs are still bugging the heck out of me. ;_;
Oh well, at least I can buy the Supporter upgrade.

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 12:36:50

At 2/24/14 12:33 PM, VicariousE wrote: First! So, the new supporter upgrade page glitched the site a bit before coming online... a bit disconcerting!

It was related to our new content delivery network thing... Something had to be accounted for there so that should be fixed in the future.

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 12:37:20

The site seems to be glitching for me when I use Google Chrome but on Internet Explorer it's perfectly fine.

Is it this supporter thing that's causing it?

Cartoonist lad, occasional BBS poster and all-round human hailing from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

NOTICE: Anyone caught posting A.I. 'art' on Newgrounds.com will have their balls ripped off and flushed down the toilet.

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 12:38:23

At 2/24/14 12:35 PM, Pkmn2 wrote: Those high shipping costs are still bugging the heck out of me. ;_;
Oh well, at least I can buy the Supporter upgrade.

Yeah that's the nice thing about digital purchases... No concerns about shipping costs, no quirks with the postal API, no lost packages, no damage packages, no complicated customer service issues or exchanges, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 12:38:43

At 2/24/14 12:37 PM, ChazDude wrote: The site seems to be glitching for me when I use Google Chrome but on Internet Explorer it's perfectly fine.

Is it working fine for you now?

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 12:40:06

At 2/24/14 12:35 PM, liljim wrote:
No, that was not the cause of the problems. Caching issue with the main css file.

So, when that happens, the web page becomes 'unstylized', is that the term? It's happened a few times in the past, no big whoop.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 12:41:46

At 2/24/14 12:38 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/24/14 12:37 PM, ChazDude wrote: The site seems to be glitching for me when I use Google Chrome but on Internet Explorer it's perfectly fine.

Is it working fine for you now?

On IE, yes. But on Chrome, the site still seems to be text only.

Basically, no, it Isn't.

Cartoonist lad, occasional BBS poster and all-round human hailing from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

NOTICE: Anyone caught posting A.I. 'art' on Newgrounds.com will have their balls ripped off and flushed down the toilet.

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 12:45:59

At 2/24/14 12:41 PM, ChazDude wrote: On IE, yes. But on Chrome, the site still seems to be text only.

Try clearing your Chrome cache or hold Shift while clicking refresh on the page.

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 12:47:38

At 2/24/14 12:45 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/24/14 12:41 PM, ChazDude wrote: On IE, yes. But on Chrome, the site still seems to be text only.
Try clearing your Chrome cache or hold Shift while clicking refresh on the page.

Works now.

Thanks, Tom!

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 13:00:36

Looking good!

Question: can leftover store credit be used for future supporter upgrades?

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 13:01:47

Hey @TomFulp, I've got some store credit, about $10 left -- would that be null and void, or would that be used to contribute to the Supporter Upgrade when the store closes?

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 13:03:28

I realize this is new and all the kinks aren't worked out yet, but... does this mean I won't be able to 'gift' or give Supporter Upgrades as prizes anymore?

New Supporter Checkout

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 13:08:59

Finally the PayPal checkout ! Worked fine for me.

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 13:09:19

Hmm... thought I'd try it with my Nae account. I can still purchase it there (even though that account has the upgrade, but it was purchased under this account). But will that option go away once I purchase one on the Nae account?

...I love to complicate things! lol, sorry ;P

Still says 2013, btw ;)

New Supporter Checkout

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 13:14:47

I don't care I got why I've ever wanted from the store!

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 13:14:52

Tom, would you be cool with members of the community running an unofficial Newgrounds store?

Find me on Facebook!

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 13:19:16

I have an idea but I want to know if you could use Amazon to sale Newgrounds related items like stickers shirts and figures.
just a thought

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 13:33:29

At 2/24/14 01:09 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Hmm... thought I'd try it with my Nae account. I can still purchase it there (even though that account has the upgrade, but it was purchased under this account). But will that option go away once I purchase one on the Nae account?

...I love to complicate things! lol, sorry ;P

Still says 2013, btw ;)

The supporter status is issued based on the max expiration date of whatever year you went for in the past. So if you bought the 2013 upgrade at the end of December, you'd still be a supporter until December this year, but didn't have the 2014 update, you'd be able to buy it. After that, you'd be able to buy the 2012 upgrade if you didn't have it. The expiration date doesn't care which year you went for, it's just the highest date of all the purchases. Hell, you could have started with buying the 2012 upgrade until the switch, all 3 years were available from the store.

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 13:34:36

awwww all I get is this!

New Supporter Checkout

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 13:41:29

At 2/24/14 12:30 PM, TomFulp wrote: Heads up if you missed it, we are officially closing the store on March 5th and won't be in the physical goods business any more. A lot of items are deeply discounted so go grab some stuff while you still can!

I'm glad you decided to close it later than you originally announced. There are some things I still want to get but can't at the moment since I don't have any money right now.

To prepare for the end of the store, Liljim has created a new Supporter Upgrade center. You can now become a supporter with credit card OR PAYPAL (!!!) and browse NG ad-free. Any future digital purchasing will grow out from this.

Fucking yes! Now I can buy Supporter Upgrades and not have to worry about not having a credit card.
(well i technically could anyways by having money on PayPal and having that turned into Store Credit but whatever)

Existing supporter status has been merged into the new system and in the next day you should expect your supporter badges to show up below the "Gear" on your stats page. The other supporter status markers remain in full effect.

You mean that little "Allegiance" section thats under the Gear section?

Thank you everyone who has bought stuff from the store and everyone who has become a supporter!

No thank you for having great stuff to buy over the years. Granted I did miss out on when you had some stuff I wouldn't have minded getting. But that can't be helped and I'll just have to live with the fact that I can't get those particular items.

Also coming up on April 26th is Pico Day 2014, with cash prizes for the best movies, games, art and music.

Looking forward to Pico Day.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 13:44:00

At 2/24/14 01:41 PM, Viper50 wrote: You mean that little "Allegiance" section thats under the Gear section?

Yeah, I just put that there. It might change around slightly, we'll see. Also, yes to your other question about the page styling - if you see the whole of the page (i.e. all of the content is there, it's just missing all its assets), that is the most likely cause.

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 13:59:20

At 2/24/14 01:03 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: I realize this is new and all the kinks aren't worked out yet, but... does this mean I won't be able to 'gift' or give Supporter Upgrades as prizes anymore?

I'm wondering about this as well. I like giving away Upgrades through contests and stuff, so I think it would be a smart move to still let us 'gift' them to other users.

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 14:20:14

At 2/24/14 01:00 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Question: can leftover store credit be used for future supporter upgrades?

It isn't integrated at the moment but if we get into digital goods / microtransactions / whatever I would like to re-integrate it for those.

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 14:20:40

At 2/24/14 01:03 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: I realize this is new and all the kinks aren't worked out yet, but... does this mean I won't be able to 'gift' or give Supporter Upgrades as prizes anymore?

Gifting isn't available yet but is intended to return.

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 14:23:32

At 2/24/14 02:20 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/24/14 01:00 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Question: can leftover store credit be used for future supporter upgrades?
It isn't integrated yet but it will be.

On this note, will contest and things no longer offer prizes? With the store going away then store credit can no longer be offered. Will supporter badges be handed out instead now or will all contests go back to having cash prizes? Or will you just ship people random store leftovers for awhile?

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to New Supporter Checkout 2014-02-24 14:30:49

At 2/24/14 02:23 PM, ForNoReason wrote: On this note, will contest and things no longer offer prizes? With the store going away then store credit can no longer be offered. Will supporter badges be handed out instead now or will all contests go back to having cash prizes? Or will you just ship people random store leftovers for awhile?

We actually made a special Honorary Supporter badge that can be handed out in future contests, where you can get a year without ads AND the special "Honorary Supporter" badge to show off, since it can't be bought.

I updated that last post because I forgot we had decided not to integrate store credit with the supporter system right now. Still holding onto the data for future possibilities though.

BBS Signature