00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

renatocfrancisco just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Incremental Scoreboard not working?

477 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I just submitted a game with three scoreboards, one simple; two incremental. The debug box shows that all scores are getting submitted fine, and yet the incremental boards only show the value of the highest score submitted, not the total. Is there something I should be adding within the game code in addition to the regular code? Is the API at fault? Am I missing something?

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Incremental Scoreboard not working? 2014-02-22 23:07:29

At 2/22/14 04:00 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: I just submitted a game with three scoreboards, one simple; two incremental. The debug box shows that all scores are getting submitted fine, and yet the incremental boards only show the value of the highest score submitted, not the total. Is there something I should be adding within the game code in addition to the regular code? Is the API at fault? Am I missing something?

Are you testing with the debugger? Try using your actual account in the project preview to see if the same behavior occurs. Worst case, submit getOldScore + newScore.

Response to Incremental Scoreboard not working? 2014-02-23 03:26:57

At 2/22/14 11:07 PM, MSGhero wrote: Are you testing with the debugger? Try using your actual account in the project preview to see if the same behavior occurs. Worst case, submit getOldScore + newScore.

Yeah, the scoreboards are working and the scores are getting submitted, but it seems like they all work the same way regardless if the 'incremental' setting (double and triple checked that it's actually switched on, even tried toggling back to simple, then incremental again) is switched on. :/

No ideas... anyone?

BBS Signature

Response to Incremental Scoreboard not working? 2014-02-25 10:13:24

Nobody knows? :/

BBS Signature

Response to Incremental Scoreboard not working? 2014-02-25 16:07:25

At 2/25/14 10:13 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Nobody knows? :/

Have you tried testing in the project preview or letting someone else test it?

Response to Incremental Scoreboard not working? 2014-02-25 16:35:23

At 2/25/14 04:07 PM, MSGhero wrote: Have you tried testing in the project preview or letting someone else test it?

It's through the preview page I do the testing, debug shows:

Posting a score of 5 by Cyberdevil to scoreboard "Highs"...
Posting a score of 5 by Cyberdevil to scoreboard "Totals"...
Posting a score of 1 by Cyberdevil to scoreboard "Crashes"...
Score posted!
Score posted!
Score posted!

So that works fine right? The scores just aren't added to the totals... even when the scoreboards are incrememental. But unless there's something I'm missing when using the post score code I guess it must be something with the API? @PsychoGoldfish ?

BBS Signature

Response to Incremental Scoreboard not working? 2014-02-26 11:08:05

At 2/25/14 04:35 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: So that works fine right? The scores just aren't added to the totals... even when the scoreboards are incrememental. But unless there's something I'm missing when using the post score code I guess it must be something with the API? @PsychoGoldfish ?

Try it now

Response to Incremental Scoreboard not working? 2014-02-26 11:38:18

At 2/26/14 11:08 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
At 2/25/14 04:35 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: So that works fine right? The scores just aren't added to the totals... even when the scoreboards are incrememental. But unless there's something I'm missing when using the post score code I guess it must be something with the API? @PsychoGoldfish ?
Try it now

It almost worked, my score on the crashes scoreboard rose by a value of 1, but after that... it's the same as before, continued play seems to have no further effect. Debug shows the scores are getting posted, but only the highest are getting registered. If it's any use knowing, the game I'm having trouble with is this and the code I'm using to post score is:

import com.newgrounds.*;
API.postScore("Highs", var);
API.postScore("Totals", var);
API.postScore("Crashes", 1);

BBS Signature

Response to Incremental Scoreboard not working? 2014-02-26 13:52:54

I think I figured out what was going wrong, looks like it's catching my scores properly

Response to Incremental Scoreboard not working? 2014-02-26 14:24:12

At 2/26/14 01:52 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: I think I figured out what was going wrong, looks like it's catching my scores properly

Nice. Still seems to be a strange delay in when scores update/show though. Was toggling between Crashes and Totals after having played a while, and crashes showed 9 a few times, then 11, then back to 9 a couple of times, maybe a minute later it's up at 12... total didn't rise for some time. Any idea why it's going from one to the other?

BBS Signature

Response to Incremental Scoreboard not working? 2014-02-26 14:49:51

There's probably just some query caching on some of our slave databases.

Response to Incremental Scoreboard not working? 2014-02-26 16:30:32

At 2/26/14 02:49 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: There's probably just some query caching on some of our slave databases.

So nothing that'll change? Good knowing; thanks for the fix!

BBS Signature