00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

the-kitsune just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NEW Card game collab.

7,150 Views | 107 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NEW Card game collab. 2014-03-05 14:41:03

At 3/5/14 10:46 AM, NewsioTV wrote: just some random 5 minutes sketches
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/ba12113882918f128b85c469d289ac6f

Lool can i do your cat woman idea? Or these sketches are for ideas you are gonna do?

My tumblr yo.

My art thread.

If anyone wanna be drawing pals, add me on discord fam "daker#3361"

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Card game collab. 2014-03-05 17:48:51

Hello, i read most of the topic and i would like to participate
Im an artist, i could make drawings for the cards, voice for the characters and also make the ui (if no one is already making it)
I can do something like the things that are in my profile and if necessary I can animate them =D

If there is space for one more, tell me what should i do

Response to NEW Card game collab. 2014-03-06 02:43:16

At 3/5/14 02:41 PM, Daker777NG wrote: Lool can i do your cat woman idea? Or these sketches are for ideas you are gonna do?

Doesn't matter. If you like it and it will looks good, why not ^^

Maybe we should officialy say who do which character. You know, 5 batmans o: So if someone has idea then just put sketch somewhere here and we will do a list or something. Hm?

Response to NEW Card game collab. 2014-03-06 12:43:56

At 3/5/14 10:46 AM, NewsioTV wrote: just some random 5 minutes sketches

I like the Flash one a lot. Maybe have him like, half-loaded on the card.

Response to NEW Card game collab. 2014-03-06 17:54:16

At 3/5/14 05:48 PM, astranime wrote: Hello, i read most of the topic and i would like to participate
Im an artist, i could make drawings for the cards, voice for the characters and also make the ui (if no one is already making it)
I can do something like the things that are in my profile and if necessary I can animate them =D

If there is space for one more, tell me what should i do

Welcome aboard then! ^^

For now, you can take a famous superhero or villain and make a parody of it, preferably one from the list i posted a few comments ago. It should be on a 1000x1000 canvas.

As the game progresses we'll see what else could be necessary, for now the programmer is doing a little demo of the game mechanics to see how the game would work in action.

My tumblr yo.

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Card game collab. 2014-03-10 20:37:28

Thought I should probably post a WIP.

Capitano Mexicano...

NEW Card game collab.

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Card game collab. 2014-03-11 07:06:23

@Luwano
@Spoonardo
@Brutalitops
@VaguelyWonderful
@NewsioTV
@Shaneul782
@wooood
@hewhohasnoname
@haris
@123mine123
@Twone
@astranime

Hi everyone. New demo version of the game is ready. Here is an explanation how it works.
you play two players at once. Each round consists of 4 turns, in the first
3 turns you get cards and moves to use cards. You can not save moves between turns. On the third turn you get
able to attack and you have to decide you are attacking or defending of stand still. Selecting attack or defense
gives bonus points to attack or health of cards. Stand still does nothing (for now). The letters A and H cards shows health and attack, general health and attack of all cards is shown at the side the screen.
When you attack your attack points are subtracted from enemy health. Now the game is unbalanced, so usually the first attack leads a victory or defeat.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70263115/Cards/bin-debug/CardGameCollab.html

Try to play and write what you think about this

Response to NEW Card game collab. 2014-03-11 08:39:10

At 3/10/14 08:37 PM, Luwano wrote: Thought I should probably post a WIP.

Capitano Mexicano...

Oh wow that is looking amazing dude! Keep up the great work man

My tumblr yo.

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Card game collab. 2014-03-11 08:51:54

At 3/11/14 07:06 AM, wooood wrote: @Luwano
@Spoonardo
@Brutalitops
@VaguelyWonderful
@NewsioTV
@Shaneul782
@wooood
@hewhohasnoname
@haris
@123mine123
@Twone
@astranime

Hi everyone. New demo version of the game is ready. Here is an explanation how it works.
you play two players at once. Each round consists of 4 turns, in the first
3 turns you get cards and moves to use cards. You can not save moves between turns. On the third turn you get
able to attack and you have to decide you are attacking or defending of stand still. Selecting attack or defense
gives bonus points to attack or health of cards. Stand still does nothing (for now). The letters A and H cards shows health and attack, general health and attack of all cards is shown at the side the screen.
When you attack your attack points are subtracted from enemy health. Now the game is unbalanced, so usually the first attack leads a victory or defeat.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70263115/Cards/bin-debug/CardGameCollab.html

Try to play and write what you think about this

I think the next thing you should do is an IA, a very basic one, because the point of the game is that you don't know what main card the opponent has until someone attacks and all that, it's difficult to tell for now how the rules would work in a real match, also the stand "still thing" is only for the 4th turn, in the 4th turn you are forced to choose attack, defend and stand still, stand still only means that you keep the position you already have. When the 4th turn comes there should appear in the center of the screen the three options (attack, defend or stand still), with a message saying "It's the showdown! Decide what you're gonna do!" or something like that. Anyway, good job man, thanks to you the game is taking form very fast! ^^

My tumblr yo.

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Card game collab. 2014-03-17 05:43:00

@Luwano
@Spoonardo
@Brutalitops
@VaguelyWonderful
@NewsioTV
@Shaneul782
@Daker777NG
@hewhohasnoname
@haris
@123mine123
@Twone
@astranime

I am sorry for the delay. Here's updated version https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70263115/Cards/bin-debug/CardGameCollab.html Now before fourth turn, you can choose to attack or defend or stand still. Also now you do not see cards of the opponent. Opponent chooses cards randomly, I realized that it makes no sense to implementing ai now because there are only three cards. What should happen in fourth turn? And how choice to attack or defend or stand still affects characteristics of player?

Response to NEW Card game collab. 2014-03-17 16:49:54

At 3/17/14 05:43 AM, wooood wrote: @Luwano
@Spoonardo
@Brutalitops
@VaguelyWonderful
@NewsioTV
@Shaneul782
@Daker777NG
@hewhohasnoname
@haris
@123mine123
@Twone
@astranime

I am sorry for the delay. Here's updated version https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70263115/Cards/bin-debug/CardGameCollab.html Now before fourth turn, you can choose to attack or defend or stand still. Also now you do not see cards of the opponent. Opponent chooses cards randomly, I realized that it makes no sense to implementing ai now because there are only three cards. What should happen in fourth turn? And how choice to attack or defend or stand still affects characteristics of player?

In the fourth turn, if both players select to attack, the minions attack eachother, then the main cards attack eachother. If some minions survive, they add to the attack of the main card when it attacks the other main card. If the main card dies, the player has to select another main card from the main cards deck and put it facing down again. If the main card survives, you can keep it in the field or change to another one. If both players select defend, the cards stay facing down and the Round 2 starts directly. If one player selects attack and the other defend, the minions attack eachother, and then the main card attacks the other main card. I'm not sure how would a defending card take an attack, maybe if the defense is lower than the enemy's attack the card dies or something like that.

My tumblr yo.

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Card game collab. 2014-03-18 14:15:44

Could you make an animation that showed how attack occurs. What characteristics affects choice to attack, defend or stand still? I think it's time to make some new cards for the game, 3 cards are not enough for testing.( I mean minions, equipments and spells.)

Response to NEW Card game collab. 2014-03-18 15:38:27

At 3/18/14 02:15 PM, wooood wrote: Could you make an animation that showed how attack occurs. What characteristics affects choice to attack, defend or stand still? I think it's time to make some new cards for the game, 3 cards are not enough for testing.( I mean minions, equipments and spells.)

Ok, i'll get to it

My tumblr yo.

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Card game collab. 2014-06-21 10:15:05

Sorry if I'm bothering but is this thing still going on or is it cancelled?

Radaketor is my gay lil' buddy.

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Response to NEW Card game collab. 2014-06-21 13:13:17

At 6/21/14 10:15 AM, Ro-May-O wrote: Sorry if I'm bothering but is this thing still going on or is it cancelled?

Nah, this is dead, everyone lost interest

My tumblr yo.

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Card game collab. 2014-06-21 13:17:35

At 6/21/14 01:13 PM, Daker777NG wrote:
At 6/21/14 10:15 AM, Ro-May-O wrote: Sorry if I'm bothering but is this thing still going on or is it cancelled?
Nah, this is dead, everyone lost interest

Ah, what a bummer. I love battle card games and I was really looking forward to this, than again, it probably wouldn't be a good game if no one actually felt like making it.

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Response to NEW Card game collab. 2014-06-22 05:16:55

In case anyone still wants to go on with the project or are viewing this and want to be a part of it, the programmer and I are trying to revive this project and will be making a new thread soon.

Response to NEW Card game collab. 2014-06-26 08:46:31

What you really need is a way to quickly produce cards.

Ever consider the Magic Set Editor? You can design a template then create the cards with the correct attributes, text and icons is exactly the same spots each time, making the professionalism of the game stand out greatly.