00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG not looping properly?

724 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

NG not looping properly? 2014-02-21 07:03:35

So i've uploaded a loops and for some reason it doesn't loop properly on Newgrounds. I've tried rebouncing the file and theres nothing wrong with the file itself, it seems like when I uploaded it newground cuts a second out, causing it to jump when loops

Was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and found away around it.

Do you like pork sausages?

BBS Signature

Response to NG not looping properly? 2014-02-21 07:25:12

At 2/21/14 07:03 AM, neBSounds wrote: So i've uploaded a loops and for some reason it doesn't loop properly on Newgrounds. I've tried rebouncing the file and theres nothing wrong with the file itself, it seems like when I uploaded it newground cuts a second out, causing it to jump when loops

Was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and found away around it.

mp3 files always have a short silence at the start where the meta data is stort. soz bro!

p.s. i am gay

Response to NG not looping properly? 2014-02-21 08:04:28

mp3 files always have a short silence at the start where the meta data is stort. soz bro!

I thought that would be why but i've uploaded mp3 loops before without this issue :/

BBS Signature

Response to NG not looping properly? 2014-02-21 09:14:22

This may sound like a strange thought but could it possibly be that newgrounds accounts for this silence on mp3s but cutting the audio out by X amount of milliseconds and the track I bounced doesnt have the silence, causing it to cut out a bit before the loops completely gone to and end?

I hope that makes sense

BBS Signature

Response to NG not looping properly? 2014-02-21 10:02:02

At 2/21/14 09:14 AM, neBSounds wrote: This may sound like a strange thought but could it possibly be that newgrounds accounts for this silence on mp3s but cutting the audio out by X amount of milliseconds and the track I bounced doesnt have the silence, causing it to cut out a bit before the loops completely gone to and end?

I hope that makes sense

all i know is winamp does this.. but i never really had newgrounds do this to my loops.
However the rendering might be the culprit. Do be sure to cut remainder and manually cut the track as short as possible, sometimes a 1mm space will give half a second of silence to render.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to NG not looping properly? 2014-02-21 10:51:56

This has happened to me before. I managed to fix it, I either tweaked it in FL (there's a setting in the rendering part) check results in audacity, you'll see a silence in the waveform, this helped me trackdown where the issue occurred.

I can't remember exactly how I fixed it, but use Audacity to double check the files you're having problems with, that'll give you a clue as to where the problem lies and then you can figure out to fix it from there!

Audio Artists required for Charity Album: Read further information here The charity is Jambange

BBS Signature