00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Store Closing - Feb 27th

46,272 Views | 432 Replies

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 15:17:25

At 2/21/14 01:48 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote: IDK how viable but you could even get into digital game publishing for Steam so devs don't have to go through the uncertainty of Greenlight.

I heard Adult Swim got a hand slap for basically serving that function, since the goal at Steam is to let devs self publish and a publisher shouldn't be necessary unless they bring more to the table than some marketing. Would be cool to straight up develop NG originals for Steam though.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 15:28:53

Store closing has been extended to March 5th, although we'll probably remove it from the nav next week.

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 16:15:10

At 2/21/14 04:06 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote: But creating a store where you can sell DRM free music would be a great idea.
Even add it as like a function of the audio portal.
though you'd have to make it so you'd have to be scouted to submit audio for purchase.

Yeah I picture it as a buy button right on the Audio Portal page, where if you like the song you pay $1 to download it if that's what the artist wants.

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 16:17:34

Also be good idea ask if ng store would be refurbished to sell subscription status/mobile apps only or you had something else in mind?

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 16:38:38

At 2/21/14 03:28 PM, TomFulp wrote: Store closing has been extended to March 5th, although we'll probably remove it from the nav next week.

Woo gives me more time for me to get stuff in the store!
Now I can can get that Writing Anthology I want but couldn't put with the stuff I'm ordering at the moment cause I don't have enough for it.
Any idea if you're going to be lowering prices on anything else? Or is that it for price slashes?

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 16:45:14

At 2/21/14 04:38 PM, Viper50 wrote: Any idea if you're going to be lowering prices on anything else? Or is that it for price slashes?

Don't have plans for further price slashing... It the tankman was cheaper do you think more people would buy him, or at this point does it come down to the desire to fill out the order form and pay anything at all?

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 16:59:04

At 2/21/14 04:45 PM, TomFulp wrote: If the tankman was cheaper do you think more people would buy him, or at this point does it come down to the desire to fill out the order form and pay anything at all?

Personally I think it's at a great price now.
Other users may be more willing to buy em up if it were a bit cheaper though (like around $7.50 or something).

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 17:04:50

At 2/21/14 04:45 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/21/14 04:38 PM, Viper50 wrote: Any idea if you're going to be lowering prices on anything else? Or is that it for price slashes?
Don't have plans for further price slashing... It the tankman was cheaper do you think more people would buy him, or at this point does it come down to the desire to fill out the order form and pay anything at all?

Keep price slashing Tom because if you do it gives people incentive to buy especially the UK ones who can save money from shipping.

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 17:07:36

Just managed to convince my mum to get a Tankman figurine.

Also I got Super Meat Boy Ultra Edtion...through Amazon.

just call me "Jay", thanks.

ask me questions i guess

Profile Image by https://twitter.com/Momochii_art

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 17:09:34

At 2/21/14 11:19 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/20/14 10:35 PM, Sensationalism wrote: You know what I'm most sad about? I've been waiting all this time for peni-pals and now they will never be. I really wanted a tricockerops to keep my penicorn company.
If people had just bought the damn things we would have made the whole set. Instead we're sitting on over 1,000 unsold penicorns. It felt like one of those things that could just become a sensation on any given day - like suddenly the whole world would realize it was the craziest stuffed animal ever and they would all need to buy one... But that day never came.

Should have tried getting all buddy-buddy with Spencer's Gifts if that was your goal. That seems like the perfect place to sell Penicorns to.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 17:33:45

hey Tom since the store is closing and for the occasion I thought of a neat idea for say maybe $5-$10 bucks you can buy a EXP Pack to increase your exp, you know something for the stat whores. what do you think?

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 17:35:49

At 2/21/14 05:04 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Keep price slashing Tom because if you do it gives people incentive to buy especially the UK ones who can save money from shipping.

In a way I actually agree with Tony on this. It costs more for international shipping than it does for domestic shipping. So if the prices were a bit lower it'd give people who don't live in the US more of an incentive to buy stuff.
Now I'm not saying you should slash your prices on everything. Just on a few things. Like lower the prices a bit for shirts and whatnot. But not by a ton. Like say you're looking at a shirt thats $15. You could slash it down to maybe $12.50 or $10 or somewhere around there. That way in addition to foreign users being more able to buy them. Users from the US would also be able to buy more of a certain item and then you'd get rid of more inventory faster.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 17:44:34

At 2/21/14 05:35 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 2/21/14 05:04 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Keep price slashing Tom because if you do it gives people incentive to buy especially the UK ones who can save money from shipping.
In a way I actually agree with Tony on this. It costs more for international shipping than it does for domestic shipping. So if the prices were a bit lower it'd give people who don't live in the US more of an incentive to buy stuff.
Now I'm not saying you should slash your prices on everything. Just on a few things. Like lower the prices a bit for shirts and whatnot. But not by a ton. Like say you're looking at a shirt thats $15. You could slash it down to maybe $12.50 or $10 or somewhere around there. That way in addition to foreign users being more able to buy them. Users from the US would also be able to buy more of a certain item and then you'd get rid of more inventory faster.

oh yeah if he cuts some more prices (NO TOO MUCH) then people could actually use that saved money for getting more stuff and shipping, because you should see the figures that our UK brothers have to spend just to give a penicorn a new home!

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 17:47:35

At 2/21/14 05:33 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: hey Tom since the store is closing and for the occasion I thought of a neat idea for say maybe $5-$10 bucks you can buy a EXP Pack to increase your exp, you know something for the stat whores. what do you think?

That should come with subscription status imo. And as for price slashing the prices should keep lowering day by day till said close date so even poor us users can afford the items.

Get lyrically fit!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 18:01:10

At 2/21/14 05:44 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: oh yeah if he cuts some more prices (NO TOO MUCH) then people could actually use that saved money for getting more stuff and shipping, because you should see the figures that our UK brothers have to spend just to give a penicorn a new home!

This made me curious about something. Can a user from the UK tell me how much shipping is to them?

Because there have been instances where I wanted to order something that'd be from the UK and the shipping alone was the same price if not more than the item I was looking at buying.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 18:11:30

At 2/21/14 06:01 PM, Viper50 wrote: This made me curious about something. Can a user from the UK tell me how much shipping is to them?

Because there have been instances where I wanted to order something that'd be from the UK and the shipping alone was the same price if not more than the item I was looking at buying.

ask Gagsy. she's bought practically everything from the store. but yeah when she was wanting to get a mystery box she said she couldn't because of shipping.

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 18:13:22

At 2/21/14 05:47 PM, tsukikomi wrote:
At 2/21/14 05:33 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: hey Tom since the store is closing and for the occasion I thought of a neat idea for say maybe $5-$10 bucks you can buy a EXP Pack to increase your exp, you know something for the stat whores. what do you think?
That should come with subscription status imo. And as for price slashing the prices should keep lowering day by day till said close date so even poor us users can afford the items.

nope one time EXP Boost, increase your exp by say 5,000 exp (50 cents to the 10 EXP) with a limit of two packs per user. as for the prices on more slash so they actually make a profit and users can afford it.

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 19:07:14

At 2/21/14 06:01 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 2/21/14 05:44 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: oh yeah if he cuts some more prices (NO TOO MUCH) then people could actually use that saved money for getting more stuff and shipping, because you should see the figures that our UK brothers have to spend just to give a penicorn a new home!
This made me curious about something. Can a user from the UK tell me how much shipping is to them?

Last I bought something from the NG Store was mid-last year, with store credit. If I remember correctly, shipping was $12.50 US. It's around that mark, somewhere.

*raises hand for being Brit*

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 19:09:45

At 2/21/14 07:07 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Last I bought something from the NG Store was mid-last year, with store credit. If I remember correctly, shipping was $12.50 US. It's around that mark, somewhere.

so its 12.50 for shipping across the pond? thats not to bad.

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 19:16:22

At 2/21/14 07:09 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 2/21/14 07:07 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Last I bought something from the NG Store was mid-last year, with store credit. If I remember correctly, shipping was $12.50 US. It's around that mark, somewhere.

so its 12.50 for shipping across the pond? thats not to bad.

Bear in mind though, that's the lowest-priced shipping option. As far as I remember, there were higher prices, the highest going to about $33 for next day delivery or something of the sort.

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 19:24:31

At 2/21/14 07:16 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Bear in mind though, that's the lowest-priced shipping option. As far as I remember, there were higher prices, the highest going to about $33 for next day delivery or something of the sort.

go to the store get to the credit card section on the top ity will give shipping info.

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 19:29:33

At 2/21/14 07:24 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 2/21/14 07:16 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Bear in mind though, that's the lowest-priced shipping option. As far as I remember, there were higher prices, the highest going to about $33 for next day delivery or something of the sort.
go to the store get to the credit card section on the top ity will give shipping info.

I was close. The lowest-priced option was $8, but there are more expensive ones. Screencap for your information.

Store Closing - Feb 27th

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 19:32:39

At 2/21/14 07:29 PM, Troisnyx wrote: I was close. The lowest-priced option was $8, but there are more expensive ones. Screencap for your information.

wow thats pretty expensive just to get it sent over. how long does it actually take to receive your stuff?

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 19:36:29

At 2/21/14 07:32 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 2/21/14 07:29 PM, Troisnyx wrote: I was close. The lowest-priced option was $8, but there are more expensive ones. Screencap for your information.
wow thats pretty expensive just to get it sent over. how long does it actually take to receive your stuff?

I last settled for the 2-3 week option when I got my Bitey tee, and it arrived in roughly two and a half weeks. I wasn't willing to expend more store credit than I felt necessary for me to get a Supporter upgrade in addition to what I was buying.

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 20:47:44

Awww, this makes me so sad...

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 21:58:18

But i don't have a Newgrounds T-shirt D, :

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 23:36:52

I'll cherish my magical Penicorn forever Tom.

First blood! First topic of 2010!

KC Green has just won my heart.

Kogey made a sig, but it was too much for me to handle.

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-21 23:44:10

At 2/21/14 07:07 PM, Troisnyx wrote: *raises hand for being Brit*

living in england is tough. you pay more for many things and if like your shipment is particularly pricy youll have it held for ransom to pay vat or whatever.

Dont know why i keep flying there!

None

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-22 00:59:44

Does anyone know of (or have ideas)a website where I could apply to do variest thing to make a buck or something (other then craigslist)? Need cash to buy ng stuff before its too late.

and get my wii repaired

Get lyrically fit!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-22 01:19:18

At 2/22/14 12:59 AM, tsukikomi wrote: Does anyone know of (or have ideas)a website where I could apply to do variest thing to make a buck or something (other then craigslist)? Need cash to buy ng stuff before its too late.

and get my wii repaired

its too late pleb! besides most of the good shit is already bought out.