00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HugeNate just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What just happened? :(

543 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What just happened? :( 2014-02-17 14:43:44

I just recently submitted a video on newgrounds. It was listed under my recent movies on my account and the next day that section is gone. I know that it started out under judgement so does this mean it was deleted. I'm still very new to newgrounds.

FlowerGirl_13 =D

Response to What just happened? :( 2014-02-17 15:14:32

It seems you're not familiar with the "save, blam" system newgrounds has for it's flash portal. Basically when you submit a flash video, it will be as you already know marked "under judgment". Will being under judgment other users can view and vote on your submission. If people like your submission get majority of votes with the score 2 or higher enough times your submission will be "saved", but if you get more 0-1 than 2-5 you submission will be "blammed" and will then be removed from the portal. I think it's the 200 first votes that decides whatever the submission will be saved or blammed.

As it seems your submission got blammed. The only thing you can do is to look over your work and see what flaws it has, try to fix those and resubmit it and try your luck again.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to What just happened? :( 2014-02-17 20:46:01

From the sounds of it, and the fact that there's a Eulogy for it, it was blammed. Looking at the Eulogy though, it had a 1.69/5 at its time of death, so it was pretty close to actually passing :/. Under the previous voting threshold it would have passed, but now you need at least a 1.75/5 at 150 votes for something to pass judgement.

I followed the link to your youtube in your profile and found the animation, and it was actually a pretty decent test. It's typically not a good thing to upload tests to the portal because they always get blammed. Don't let it discourage you though, because it was good and showed potential, so keep working and make a more finished animation and I'm sure it will get passed with ease.

As for what to do with animation tests, you could make a thread in the animation forum and ask people for feedback on your tests, by uploading it to the dumping grounds and linking it in your thread.

I hope this was helpful to you, and hopefully you try to get better and submit something more finished.

Response to What just happened? :( 2014-02-18 00:36:34

As they said it probably got blamed or reported. You are not specific as to what it was.