00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dbz Special Fandub: Need Females!

636 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Dbz Special Fandub: Need Females! 2014-02-11 16:42:57

Hello! For the past few months I've been working on a fandub of the Dragon Ball 2008 Jump Super Anime Tour Special: Heya! Son Goku and His Friends Return. I only need a few more roles cast and recorded before finishing up, and all of them are female roles: Bulma, #18, and the Female Reporter. Also, I need people to be extras. There's a description of the extra lines I need below. Just record them and send them to the specified email address! If the sound quality's decent, I'll use it and credit you! I'll give you guys until 11:59 PM on Valentine's Day to send in auditions for the female roles. If I don't receive enough auditions to make a good decision before then I'll extend the deadline (especially considering there's not a lot of time before the deadline hits), but I'd really appreciate having them in soon. I won't put a deadline on the extra lines: I'll post here when I have everything I need for extras. I'd greatly appreciate the help, so if you're interested you should audition ASAP! Thank you and good luck!

Here are the guidelines for audition:
1. If you are interested, email me at omegarockmanfandub@yahoo.com. I will then send you a script. You will need it for your audition.
2. You may audition for as many (not already cast) characters as you'd like. Knock yourself out!
3. Submit a minimum of two lines for each character you want to audition for in MP3 or WAV format. You will choose your own lines from the script. You may submit more than two if you want!
4. If a character only has one line, that will be your only audition line.
5. I highly encourage multiple takes for each line, but it isn't required. If you're cast, however, I will require multiple takes for each line, especially if you choose to not have me direct you during your recording session via Skype. (This doesn't apply to extras since the lines are so insignificant; if you have a bad take on a line as an extra, however, you might want to redo it anyways or I might opt to not use it)
6. Filenames should be formatted like this: character name, the word "audition," line number, take number, your name. For example, my audition for Goku would look something like this: gokuauditionline1take1omegarockman.wav. You may separate the words using underscores or dashes if you'd like.
7. If you would prefer to submit your audition in a single audio file, that's fine. Just take out the line and take number and the rest of the format remains the same. For example, it might look like this: gokuauditionomegarockman.wav. You may separate the words using underscores or dashes if you'd like.
8. When choosing your lines, try to avoid any "reaction" lines like "Hey!" or "Yes!" if at all possible.
9. "Silly" voices for background characters are not recommended. For example, an audition for the Steward calls for the voice of a butler, but that doesn't mean give him an over-the-top, snooty voice. Over-the-top acting in silly scenes are one thing, over-the-top voices are another. I'm following the advice given by Sean Schemmel and Chris Sabat in their DBZ Kai interview, meaning that I want everyone to sound as much like real people as possible from the most important character to the most insignificant extra.
10. Finally, imitation of an other actor's portrayal of any character (e.g. Sabat's Vegeta) is NOT encouraged. Be original! However, that doesn't mean that you can't do an imitation for your audition, it just won't help you. I'm looking for people who genuinely sound good in these roles, not Funimation soundalikes.

Below is a character list featuring credits for the already cast characters, detailed descriptions of the characters up for audition, and a link to the latest trailer for your convenience. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here! With that said, thank you and good luck!

Character List

ALREADY CAST

Goku - OmegaRockman
Gohan - OmegaRockman
Goten - QIK2JDG (Needs recording)
Chichi - QIK2JDG
Mr. Satan - Anonymous (Needs recording)
Videl - QIK2JDG
Yamcha - Anonymous
Gure - Anonymous
Narrator - Sin's Pond
Vegeta - ConfusedPhantom
Tarble - NitroEX
Krillin and Yajirobe - SSJ4 Furanki
Trunks- MugiMikey
Pu'erh- MugiMikey
Oolong - MugiMikey
Piccolo - Mugen026
Avo - Mugen026
Avocado - Mugen026
Cado - NitroEX
Turtle - Yogos (Needs recording)
Roshi - Sin's Pond
Steward - Sin's Pond
Ox King - Mugen026
Marron - SlilentlyStalkingYou
Little Girl - SilentlyStalkingYou
Extra Reporter - Sin's Pond
Kaio - Mugen026
Gregory - SSJ4 Furanki

OPEN FOR AUDITION

Bulma (22 lines)
Voice type: A mature and womanly voice (late 30s, early 40s) would be great. She needs to exude confidence when she speaks.

#18 (4 lines)
Voice type: Mature, womanly, tough as nails. Maybe a little deep, though it's not a requirement. As long as you convince me that you're the type of girl that I wouldn't screw around with, you're doing it right.

Female Reporter (8 lines)
Voice type: A young, enthusiastic reporter voice. She seems to be in her early to mid-twenties.

Extras
Other extras I need would be people chanting, "SATAN! SATAN!" over and over for the opening scene. I'll be sure to use it and to credit you as an extra! I can't have too many with this one.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI3XdYiwDEs&feature=youtu.be

Response to Dbz Special Fandub: Need Females! 2014-02-15 00:03:51

And with that this auditoin is closed! Thanks, everyone!