00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MssLibitina just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help with Flash game (Wakfu)

1,216 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Help with Flash game (Wakfu) 2014-02-10 18:43:35

Ok, so some friends working for Ankama as CM's asked me to try and create a "dye" system (image) to go along with their suggestions to the Devs.

Me being the over zealous type.. I figured I could go one better and try to create a mock up flash game instead of just and image.

The problem however is that I can't really find many up to date tutorials for Flash. **Often people are saying that flash is outdated for a few years now and people only use After Effects now.

Anywho I digress.

Here's the image I created using multiple screenshots of the game:
http://sta.sh/0z214v1j29i

**If anyone can point me in the right direction for turning this into an interactive flash game.. I'd greatly appreciate it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I'd like it to do:
1. Players can drag/drop the dyes into the "Main" and "Alt" slots.
*This will change the colors on the current character insignia (red = main / black = alt).

2. If they click "apply" then the other character model that's within the inventory
box changes to those colors selected and the "Main" / "Alt" boxes reset (empty).

Fine Tuning:
1. "Snapping" of the dyes, when dragging/dropping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

So far, the suggestion is that I could just use "Dress up Doll" tutorials to accomplish this.

**The best example I could find online (that wasn't made 8 years ago) was this:: http://kawaiipandah.deviantart.com/art/Flash-Dress-Up-Game-Tutorial-190251332

And while that tutorial DOES help address quite a few of my questions, it still falls short on how to "apply" the dyes, reset them or have the characters colors actually change when a dye is put into one of the slots (Main/Alt).

Any critiques and help on this would be greatly appreciated ^_^

Response to Help with Flash game (Wakfu) 2014-02-22 17:20:17

UPDATE//

Took about a week, but I finished the game.
**For anyone interested: requiemsvoid.deviantart.com/art/Wakfu-Dye-System-Prototype-435924919