what a load of...

acid-burn
acid-burn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Best of January 2014 2014-02-15 22:49:28 Reply

If I'm supposed to be honest here, I think that redesign is kind of an eyesore. I don't know why this many people seem to dig it. It just looks so awfully, I don't know, bland? No, that's not the word I'm looking for. I'm having a hard time articulating my feelings on this. It's just really kind of dull and lifeless, what with the texture-less, monotone, windows 8-ish "giant-rectangle-of-color button" style. Nothing has any kind of visual pop, and it just kind of looks like every other big website on the internet today, except of course for a few things here and there.
So for me, I don't like it. Not one bit. I get why you want to redesign, but just those words, "tablet friendly/touch friendly" make me want to vomit. You may call me a bitter, surly, "anti-modernist" or whatever, and you'd probably be right, but I really don't like this hopelessly bland -and frankly, kind of depressing- way of doing things, especially seeing how the current design really is fucking beautiful, as RobertClock said, everything just oozes personality and visual pop. I really do feel like it's some kind of sin to trade in this vibrant display for eeh, that.
But, alas, you have to adapt, however sad a truth as that may be.

Also, please, please, don't use that horrible sickly purple. Looks like a stubbed toe.
Also also, I'm on board with pretty much everyone else on the "needs the dark-gray and orange getup".
I know this may not even be close to anything final, but I felt like voicing my opinion.
Now I feel like an asshole for being a bit harsh.

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed dwarf is king.

BBS Signature
DROID-TRON
DROID-TRON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Filmmaker
Response to Best of January 2014 2014-02-16 00:54:14 Reply

I love redesigns! Positive! Positive! Positive! Screw all the negative nut butts on here! Stay positive or face death!

TIME IS VERY SMALL, SO DON'T STEP ON IT!

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Best of January 2014 2014-02-16 03:45:43 Reply

At 2/14/14 04:42 PM, Wiesi wrote: Lol! That Candy Shark idea isn't too bad! Actually I'm right now working on a game with candies in it.. So maybe I should give the shark a guest appearence. :)

Woo, a new creatively crazy arcade adventure on route! Looking forward to it.

At 2/14/14 12:31 PM, Mtlheadbookworm wrote: I haven't been on in a while. What happened to the mature section? I can still search for games, but the Mature tab is no longer available? was it a legal issue?

The collection's still there (can be found through Google if you do nae know the link), but the page for it is gone. Could be considered purposeful re-branding in an attempt to gain a larger family audience.

tojiroh
tojiroh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Best of January 2014 2014-02-17 20:13:45 Reply

At 2/16/14 03:45 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/14/14 04:42 PM, Wiesi wrote: Lol! That Candy Shark idea isn't too bad! Actually I'm right now working on a game with candies in it.. So maybe I should give the shark a guest appearence. :)
Woo, a new creatively crazy arcade adventure on route! Looking forward to it.

YEESSS! *ahem*
A possible candidate for Best of the Month?