00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need help setting up old keyboard

883 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Need help setting up old keyboard 2014-02-06 13:58:13

I finnaly managed to dig up my old keyboard....I cant even remember when I got it and where but I have it.Ofcourse half the cables are missing but it will do.I found the charger and most of the stuff.

The problem I'm facing is that its and MIDI keyboard and I can't seem to find any of the MIDI cables or anything.I also have no idea how MIDI cables work and stuff.I'll probably need to get a MIDI to USB cable in the future (if such a cable exists since I never used the MIDI cables before, just used it for piano lessons).

The keyboard is a YAMAHA PSR 83 if that helps.

My ideal solution would be somehow using the HEADPHONES/AUX OUT slot to transfer the sound to my pc for recording and so on. I'm using Fruity Loops Studio.I have no idea how to set it up.I have an 5mm to 3.5mm adapter for the slot since I don't have any 5mm slots for my laptop nor do I have some external thing in a jig for that kind of stuff.

So to cut to the chase any ideas how to use the HEADPHONES/AUX OUT slot as a short term solution (if possible) or what kind of cables should I get for the MIDI slots.(the keyboard has an midi in and out and I have no idea how it works to tell you the truth).

Thanks for any help you may gift upon me !

BBS Signature

Response to Need help setting up old keyboard 2014-02-06 17:34:47

At 2/6/14 01:58 PM, attak1616 wrote: So to cut to the chase any ideas how to use the HEADPHONES/AUX OUT slot as a short term solution (if possible) or what kind of cables should I get for the MIDI slots.(the keyboard has an midi in and out and I have no idea how it works to tell you the truth).

if you want to just record the sound output from the keyboard then an aux cable out of the headphone into the line-in on your computer is fine.

for recording MIDI the easiest thing would be a MIDI -> USB cable, google "midi to usb cable" and there's like a billion places that come up where you can get one.

p.s. i am gay