00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RhubarbRumble just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What do you think of the FL Packs?

987 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

You know the section near the bottom of the plugin picker that just says "packs"? I just figured out about those. I never hear any talk about them, so I'd like to hear your guys' thoughts on them.

Response to What do you think of the FL Packs? 2014-02-06 06:27:27

At 2/6/14 12:10 AM, Lethal-Input wrote: You know the section near the bottom of the plugin picker that just says "packs"? I just figured out about those. I never hear any talk about them, so I'd like to hear your guys' thoughts on them.

they make pretty good starting points. the vocals are probably the worst though. i strongly recommend finding packs online rather than using fl studio default packs but that's just me. i found that trap kits have a good variation of different types of percussion. get your hands on a few of those, adjust the sounds accordingly, and yeah, boom a nice sounding snare/kick/perc/whatever. but that's just me. i've heard plenty of good songs that use the default fl studio packs, but their sounds are tuned to the song they're making.

Response to What do you think of the FL Packs? 2014-02-06 07:38:52

A long time ago (FL2 and 3.56), I used some of them alot, especially the now called "Legacy" and Vintage packs along with 3x osc and ts 404.
The "simsynth" samples got me interested in learning synthesis, so i like them.
I wouldn't recommend throwing them "as is" in one of your composition though, because they have been overused.
For the drums, well 909 808 sounds are still popular so why not use them?

Oh, and stay away from the piano, guitar, orch packs!

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of the FL Packs? 2014-02-06 14:18:18

Personally I think they are quite bland and flat.First of all alot of beginners use them so you won't be standing out of the crowd.I used them for the first week or so but after watching how better some of the samples from the internet are (from hearing them in a tutorial) I decided to look that up.I'm a beginner too so I don't have much experience but hey this is as much as I know.

Personally I recommend using the basic packs to build your patterns and so on and then replacing the samples with different ones and see which one suits you the best.That way you can check a variety of samples without having to rebuild your patterns and so on.

If your looking for FREE samples, plugins, maybe a couple of loops I really really recommend this website:

http://beatproduction.net/

I stayed up for a couple of hours downloading them and then organizing them into my sample library (I downloaded nearly every single pack) and let me tell you this...It was worth it.

BBS Signature

Response to What do you think of the FL Packs? 2014-02-07 04:31:03

Before I say anything about the packs, I'm going to give them a go. I didn't even know they existed until you told me about them.

If I can manage to release a good song with FL packs and presets, I will prove the naysayers wrong. But if I find it difficult to use, then I will say I don't recommend them.

Response to What do you think of the FL Packs? 2014-02-07 14:53:47

If you're looking for good sample packs, I really like the Vengeance packs. There's tons of them, and when I used to mess around writing electronic DnB, I used these packs all the time for my snares, kicks, and hats :)