00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Trouble with my uploads

480 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Trouble with my uploads 2014-02-04 19:27:42

Hey guys,
I need some help understanding why my audio files seem to be nonexistent on NG. I'm a voice actor trying to start my career and get some notice on NG. Therefore, I've submitted a few audio files to NG, but it doesn't even seem like people are able to view/listen to my voice recordings. I've even tried to find my audio files without being signed in and they're nowhere to be found, even though NG has claimed that they've been uploaded. When I go to my audio clips, it says that people have also been listening and some of the clips have even been downloaded, but no one has left comments or has even voted on them which I find strange. So, I just want to know how do I properly upload an audio file so everyone on NG would be able to listen, like, vote and comment on my projects. Getting reviews and feedback on my works is what I'm mainly looking for from my audio clips. If anyone can help me out at all I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

-Corey

You need a voice? I got plenty for ya! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Trouble with my uploads 2014-02-05 00:07:07

Are you scouted? If you aren't scouted you will get noticeably less views then those who are. Just keep making content and you will get attention and get scouted.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Trouble with my uploads 2014-02-05 00:54:26

@Atlas, I believe the guy who posted above you scouted me because people are able to vote now and leave comments. Thank you for the advice though!

BBS Signature

Response to Trouble with my uploads 2014-02-05 01:19:08

At 2/5/14 12:54 AM, LeVi422 wrote: @Atlas, I believe the guy who posted above you scouted me because people are able to vote now and leave comments. Thank you for the advice though!

Even if you weren't scouted they should have been able to vote and review.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Trouble with my uploads 2014-02-05 04:31:59

@Atlas That's the strange thing though, people weren't able to. That's why I was concerned because I thought people would be able to rate and comment on submissions as soon as they were uploaded. If I go to the pages now, the voting section is up and people are able to comment. For some reason, it just seemed like my submissions were blocked or whatever

BBS Signature

Response to Trouble with my uploads 2014-02-05 08:50:18

At 2/5/14 04:31 AM, LeVi422 wrote: @Atlas That's the strange thing though, people weren't able to. That's why I was concerned because I thought people would be able to rate and comment on submissions as soon as they were uploaded. If I go to the pages now, the voting section is up and people are able to comment. For some reason, it just seemed like my submissions were blocked or whatever

That is quite strange indeed. I don't have a single idea why that could have been.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Trouble with my uploads 2014-02-06 14:49:10

At 2/4/14 07:27 PM, LeVi422 wrote: Hey guys,
I need some help understanding why my audio files seem to be nonexistent on NG. I'm a voice actor trying to start my career and get some notice on NG. Therefore, I've submitted a few audio files to NG, but it doesn't even seem like people are able to view/listen to my voice recordings. I've even tried to find my audio files without being signed in and they're nowhere to be found, even though NG has claimed that they've been uploaded.
-Corey

I'm having the same exact problem for my tracks don't appear on the unscouted list even and it's perplexing. Idk if we have to wait to get approved or if we have to wait.

Response to Trouble with my uploads 2014-02-06 15:26:02

@SanjiThe7th

Yeah it's pretty strange how it doesn't show anything right? I says that you're unscouted so I can scout you too so your stuff can be in the portal

BBS Signature

Response to Trouble with my uploads 2014-02-12 18:14:10

At 2/6/14 03:26 PM, LeVi422 wrote: Yeah it's pretty strange how it doesn't show anything right? I says that you're unscouted so I can scout you too so your stuff can be in the portal

Just thought I'd clarify on what Atlas previous said, until a user is scouted you can't vote on submissions of said user. All submissions should show up on the unscouted portal though, but not sure if all users can see it. At least for Art it's only visible for those who are already scouted.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature