00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

UmanaJose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Game got deleted? 2014-02-03 17:48:30

So a game that I had published on here about 2-3 years ago suddenly gets deleted, and says I have to re-publish it in order to get it back up. However, when I go to do so, it says an admin/moderator has deleted it because it violated the rules or something. It obviously doesnt, or else I wouldnt have been able to publish it those 2-3 years ago. Who do I PM to talk to about this? I didnt know if I was supposed to to PM Wade or maybe someone else like PsychoGoldfish. Any help is appreciated

Response to Game got deleted? 2014-02-03 19:27:50

Can you give some details about your submission? Perhaps someone thought it was stolen for some reason or perhaps someone asked for it to be removed and they had a valid reason.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Game got deleted? 2014-02-03 23:08:54

At 2/3/14 07:27 PM, Atlas wrote: Can you give some details about your submission? Perhaps someone thought it was stolen for some reason or perhaps someone asked for it to be removed and they had a valid reason.

It was a really simplistic game, you can even see it here(I uploaded it to my dump). I dont think anyone would consider it stolen. I also cant imagine someone asking for it to be removed for any valid reason, unless they hate kirby with a passion, and even then that really isnt a valid reason to remove a game, so im really clueless as to why it got deleted. The game itself is still in my game submissions, it just says it has to be re-submitted, but every time i try it doesnt let me

Response to Game got deleted? 2014-02-03 23:29:14

The only thing I can think of is Nintendo decided to take your game down. That's is highly unlikely so I'm not sure why it was actually taken down.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Game got deleted? 2014-02-03 23:32:30

At 2/3/14 11:29 PM, Atlas wrote: The only thing I can think of is Nintendo decided to take your game down. That's is highly unlikely so I'm not sure why it was actually taken down.

That definitely didnt happen, or else a ton of other content would have also been taken down. Thanks for the help anyway tho

Response to Game got deleted? 2014-02-04 03:35:44

At 2/3/14 11:32 PM, Lionelion wrote: That definitely didnt happen, or else a ton of other content would have also been taken down. Thanks for the help anyway tho

A ton of other content with Nintendo material has been taken down during latter years, so it could definitely be that. Nintendo don't seem to be very supportive of their fans. You could always PM a mod or Wade and ask for the reason though.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Game got deleted? 2014-02-04 16:09:59

At 2/4/14 03:35 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
A ton of other content with Nintendo material has been taken down during latter years, so it could definitely be that. Nintendo don't seem to be very supportive of their fans. You could always PM a mod or Wade and ask for the reason though.

Alright. I wasnt sure if Wade was the person to talk to on these matters or not, so I had to ask. I'll go do that

Response to Game got deleted? 2014-02-04 16:46:28

At 2/3/14 11:29 PM, Atlas wrote: The only thing I can think of is Nintendo decided to take your game down. That's is highly unlikely so I'm not sure why it was actually taken down.

Atlas is right. Nintendo wanted to have all game submissions with Nintendo copyrighted stuff taken down. Tom deleted most, only a very few popular ones like Pokémon Tower Defense were allowed to stay.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Game got deleted? 2014-02-05 00:33:29

At 2/4/14 04:46 PM, Asandir wrote:
Atlas is right. Nintendo wanted to have all game submissions with Nintendo copyrighted stuff taken down. Tom deleted most, only a very few popular ones like Pokémon Tower Defense were allowed to stay.

But why now of all times? Did Nintendo just recently want this to happen, cuz wouldnt this have happened a lot sooner?

Response to Game got deleted? 2014-02-05 00:38:45

At 2/5/14 12:33 AM, Lionelion wrote:
At 2/4/14 04:46 PM, Asandir wrote:
But why now of all times? Did Nintendo just recently want this to happen, cuz wouldnt this have happened a lot sooner?

They have only recently gone on their purge of Nintendo related games so this happening now isn't that shocking now that I know Nintendo was possibly the reason your game is no longer up.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Game got deleted? 2014-02-05 11:24:26

At 2/5/14 12:38 AM, Atlas wrote:
They have only recently gone on their purge of Nintendo related games so this happening now isn't that shocking now that I know Nintendo was possibly the reason your game is no longer up.

Alright well thanks for the heads up I suppose