00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Making music with one earphone...

1,217 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Making music with one earphone... 2014-02-01 00:42:48

That is not easy... At least on my computer. On FL, the songs are always fairly quiet and I always have to export it to my phone first to see how it will really sound. It's so hard for me to get the volumes of everything right. An instrument will be fine in FL, but it'll be to loud when I export it and put it on my phone...

Response to Making music with one earphone... 2014-02-01 02:48:56

At 2/1/14 12:42 AM, Lethal-Input wrote: That is not easy... At least on my computer. On FL, the songs are always fairly quiet and I always have to export it to my phone first to see how it will really sound. It's so hard for me to get the volumes of everything right. An instrument will be fine in FL, but it'll be to loud when I export it and put it on my phone...

With one earphone? Are you saying you have headphones and only one side works, so you have to listen on your phone?

BBS Signature

Response to Making music with one earphone... 2014-02-01 03:03:53

My phone plays the song louder than FL does. (It also plays louder when I upload it to Soundcloud/NG)

Response to Making music with one earphone... 2014-02-01 03:36:39

At 2/1/14 03:03 AM, Lethal-Input wrote: My phone plays the song louder than FL does. (It also plays louder when I upload it to Soundcloud/NG)

There is a master volume slider up at the top left corner. Have you tried adjusting that?

How does it sound when you export it and listen to it on your computer and not your phone? Maybe the problem is your speakers?

BBS Signature

Response to Making music with one earphone... 2014-02-01 10:59:06

I still don't understand the problem. Please clarify what it is you actually want.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Making music with one earphone... 2014-02-01 11:44:35

At 2/1/14 10:59 AM, MetalRenard wrote: I still don't understand the problem. Please clarify what it is you actually want.

I want new earphones.... lol

The problem is my speakers.

Response to Making music with one earphone... 2014-02-01 14:00:17

At 2/1/14 11:44 AM, Lethal-Input wrote: I want new earphones.... lol
The problem is my speakers.

What's your budget?

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Making music with one earphone... 2014-02-01 14:07:11

I wasn't really asking for help lol. I was just ranting.... I can't buy anything atm.

But I guess now since we're on the topic, what are good earphones/headphones for making music? I prefer earphones over headphones.

Response to Making music with one earphone... 2014-02-01 14:50:42

At 2/1/14 02:07 PM, Lethal-Input wrote: But I guess now since we're on the topic, what are good earphones/headphones for making music? I prefer earphones over headphones.

That's irrelevant though, because earphones will NEVER be good enough. As for which to get, when you know your budget, that's when you should ask. Otherwise you'll get a flood of useless posts.

As for fixing it in the short term, just flip left and right channels on the master bus to check if they're balanced. Use the RMS view on the gain meter to have a visual representation of it too.

BBS Signature

Response to Making music with one earphone... 2014-02-01 15:07:54

At 2/1/14 02:50 PM, MetalRenard wrote:
At 2/1/14 02:07 PM, Lethal-Input wrote: But I guess now since we're on the topic, what are good earphones/headphones for making music? I prefer earphones over headphones.
That's irrelevant though, because earphones will NEVER be good enough. As for which to get, when you know your budget, that's when you should ask. Otherwise you'll get a flood of useless posts.

^^ This... This exactly, earphone can not even compare to a good pair of head phones.

When I say "good" headphones I don't mean the over priced gimmicky "Beats." For a good price these are comfortable and sound really good: http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M30-Professional-Closed-back-Headphones/dp/B00007E7C8

Creative also makes good head phones, although earphones are good for say working out, in the recording world headphones have the edge.

It also seems that you're saying that you have earphones where only one side works, correct?

If that is the case I would hold off on releasing anything until you can mix it right. Cause when you mix things you don't put all the sounds on the middle, so with only one earphone it is just about impossible to get it mixed right.

Another alternative would be to find someone who would mix it for you. If you're interested, I might know someone who would do it for you.

~Zero1996

The game....

Response to Making music with one earphone... 2014-02-01 21:58:03

I'm guessing that means that generally, the more expensive they are, the better they are.

Response to Making music with one earphone... 2014-02-02 10:22:17

I chuckled at the title of this thread only to find that nothing funny happened within.

BBS Signature

Response to Making music with one earphone... 2014-02-02 15:51:09

At 2/1/14 09:58 PM, Lethal-Input wrote: I'm guessing that means that generally, the more expensive they are, the better they are.

Not necessarily, You can get the same quality headphones as 'Beats' for half the price, you're basically paying for a label

Do you like pork sausages?

BBS Signature

Response to Making music with one earphone... 2014-02-02 15:58:29

That's why I said generally.