00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Api Preloader For As 2.0

456 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem.
For my newest flash animation video I linked the different scenes into Movieclips to avoid the 16K frame limit. I also have a newgrounds preloader. But when I tested the movie out here, It didn't preload any of the content and went slow. It only happened when the video was published, and not in preview.
I was wondering if anyone could help me fix this. I took the video off of underjudgement after I saw how slow the movie was running and noticing the low scores.
I'm wondering if there is a problem with the API preloader, or maybe something with the Movie Clips

Response to Newgrounds Api Preloader For As 2.0 2014-01-31 13:40:07

At 1/31/14 12:17 PM, Joe-You-Know wrote: I'm wondering if there is a problem with the API preloader, or maybe something with the Movie Clips

I've used MCs a lot to keep the main timeline tidy, never had a problem with the preloader, though never had that many frames either! Are you adding stop(); to the frame the preloader is on?

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Api Preloader For As 2.0 2014-01-31 15:49:35

At 1/31/14 01:40 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 1/31/14 12:17 PM, Joe-You-Know wrote: I'm wondering if there is a problem with the API preloader, or maybe something with the Movie Clips
I've used MCs a lot to keep the main timeline tidy, never had a problem with the preloader, though never had that many frames either! Are you adding stop(); to the frame the preloader is on?

Yes I use the stop(); function. The problem only happens when published too. I was wondering if thats an API error.