00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PopiSlim just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My first digital painting

643 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

My first digital painting 2014-01-30 12:50:52

I m proud to announce the showcase of my first Digital painting Please do visit it and tell me it's pro's and cons.The link is:http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/hreyas/my-first-digital-portrait.Please review it and help me serve you with better artworks :)

IT's HREYAS BEETCHOS╥━━━━━━━━╭━━╮━━┳

╢╭╮╭━━━━━┫┃▋▋━▅┣

BBS Signature

Response to My first digital painting 2014-01-30 12:52:39

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/hreyas/my-first-digital-portrait this is the link , the link in the original post is messed up, So please use this one.

IT's HREYAS BEETCHOS╥━━━━━━━━╭━━╮━━┳

╢╭╮╭━━━━━┫┃▋▋━▅┣

BBS Signature

Response to My first digital painting 2014-01-31 20:49:11

You should probably edit your first post with the correct link ;) Anyway,

I like it! there's a good sense of shading, and it's definitely better than my first digital painting (But saying that I couldn't draw, but anyway)

My critique would be to say, work on soft vs hard shadows a little more, and try to blend the values a little better. I'm looking at the forehead, nose etc - basically if there is a really light value to a really dark value in short space, then you probably need to add more values in between to make a smooth transition. Also, I would say the colours are a little muddy - and that is probably because you've gone into the black range to make it darker. Pay attention to shadows - shadows are necessarily black. In fact, shadows (dependent on the skin colour) are dark red or blue. Even highlights are not predominantly white in colour - they normally have a tint of a colour such as yellow, or blue (dependent on the light source)

Finally, a bit more polish on the ear, and the hair is confusing because there are highlights in areas that should be in shadow - which adds to sense of it being a little flat. But I do like the shadow that comes from the neck down onto the jacket - well done!

Overall great job - keep em coming! :)

Clym

Clym Smith: Illustrator