00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help with dialogue ripping?

910 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Help with dialogue ripping? 2014-01-23 21:13:17

Okay, so I probably worded the subject in a retarded way that no one can understand. What I want is a version of the pilot episode of Breaking Bad where all the dialogue is taken out. Actually, just intro of that episode.

Is that even possible, or do I have to take out all the audio?

@metraff @NG_Artists Support Newgrounds Classifieds: commission animation

"Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

Response to Help with dialogue ripping? 2014-02-03 15:02:42

sounds pretty impossible to me unless you had the original file the video was edited on. Maybe you can find Dave Porters original soundtrack?

Do you like pork sausages?

BBS Signature

Response to Help with dialogue ripping? 2014-02-03 15:11:29

At 2/3/14 03:02 PM, neBSounds wrote: sounds pretty impossible to me unless you had the original file the video was edited on. Maybe you can find Dave Porters original soundtrack?

Yeah that's what I've been doing. It's a parody, so I didn't necessarily use the original song/sound effects, but I doubt that'd be anyone's critique

@metraff @NG_Artists Support Newgrounds Classifieds: commission animation

"Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

Response to Help with dialogue ripping? 2014-02-03 15:18:44

fair enough man, well good luck!

Do you like pork sausages?

BBS Signature

Response to Help with dialogue ripping? 2014-02-04 23:16:32

At 1/23/14 09:13 PM, Metraff wrote: Okay, so I probably worded the subject in a retarded way that no one can understand. What I want is a version of the pilot episode of Breaking Bad where all the dialogue is taken out. Actually, just intro of that episode.

Is that even possible, or do I have to take out all the audio?

it's possible, actually. you can use audacity to do it. it's super difficult to get it to sound good though. but basically you take the sound file, duplicate it (open the same file twice in audacity), go to effect>vocal remover. it should take out a good amount of the vocals, not all of it though. you can dick around with the effects to try to get it the way you want, every track is different. but when you get the vocals "removed" you'll need to invert the sound waves, just click effects>invert and it should invert the track. then you want to get the noise profile of that sound so you'll click effect>noise removal>get noise profile. don't click ok because it'll just remove the noise of that track and you'll need it. when you get the noise profile of the "vocal-less" track, you can remove the noise of the original. just click effect>noise removal and click ok. this method doesn't work 100% so don't go at this thinking it's going to sound perfect. but yea, that's the method used in making a lot of instrumentals/acapella tracks. i hope this helped a little, i know it's hard to learn these kinds of things on your own.