00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Movies Must Contain Animation?

405 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Movies Must Contain Animation? 2014-01-23 15:15:19

Do movies submitted to Newgrounds have to contain some level of animation in them? As in, purely live action videos should be removed?

I swear that I read that somewhere at some point in the past, but I can't seem to find it now. I'm asking because it seems like more have shown up ever since mp4 videos were added to the site, and most just feel out of place. If so, this probably shouldn't be here.

Super FTC!

It's terrible, but I'm trying to make it better.

Response to Movies Must Contain Animation? 2014-01-23 16:13:08

Most movies past 2006 should be animated but there are some that aren't animated that come onto the site. If the users decide it will be blammed and won't show up and if they decide to save it then it shall stay.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Movies Must Contain Animation? 2014-01-23 16:43:27

At 1/23/14 03:15 PM, DBuck-Eye wrote: Do movies submitted to Newgrounds have to contain some level of animation in them? As in, purely live action videos should be removed?

Way back in the day before the likes of YT existed, these grounds were open for everything, but to separate this place from regular video sites, regular video is frowned upon. It doesn't need to be strictly animation though. Crafts such as stopmotion or claymation are fine as well, and so is live footage that makes use of effects, that's partially animated, etc.

I swear that I read that somewhere at some point in the past, but I can't seem to find it now. I'm asking because it seems like more have shown up ever since mp4 videos were added to the site, and most just feel out of place. If so, this probably shouldn't be here.

Yeah, I know it's been said, but I'm not sure if it's a definite rule or not. There are lots of speedpaints poppping up in the portal too, as far as I know it's all gray area.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Movies Must Contain Animation? 2014-01-23 17:36:09

At 1/23/14 04:43 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 1/23/14 03:15 PM, DBuck-Eye wrote: Do movies submitted to Newgrounds have to contain some level of animation in them? As in, purely live action videos should be removed?
Way back in the day before the likes of YT existed, these grounds were open for everything, but to separate this place from regular video sites, regular video is frowned upon. It doesn't need to be strictly animation though. Crafts such as stopmotion or claymation are fine as well, and so is live footage that makes use of effects, that's partially animated, etc.

Yeah, I know it's been said, but I'm not sure if it's a definite rule or not. There are lots of speedpaints poppping up in the portal too, as far as I know it's all gray area.

Righto. I know that if a live-action video has animation, even just for FX, it should be fine, but one's that are only live-action seem out of place. I also think speed painting is out of place, but less so. I'm fine with one's where the art is good. I'm also surprised that no one has started submitting Let's Plays.

Super FTC!

It's terrible, but I'm trying to make it better.