00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Breakfast-Crow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask the person below a weird...

187,704 Views | 4,116 Replies

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-14 07:37:24

At 4/14/15 07:03 AM, i-am-ghey wrote:
Question: what is a more suitable title for this thread? Is "ask the person below a random question" more relevant to its nature?

I guess so, but the questions were rather weird when this thread started, although now it's a place where users just have full conversations.

What is the rectangular root of a keyboard?

WEIRD QUESTION *applause*

just call me "Jay", thanks.

ask me questions i guess

Profile Image by https://twitter.com/Momochii_art

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-14 08:18:09

At 4/14/15 07:37 AM, Madjasper1 wrote: What is the rectangular root of a keyboard?

I think you are basically asking what lies underneath the keys of a keyboard.
Since I am not familiar with the structure of a keyboard, I took some time to look it up and the answer is probably keyboard matrix. It is a rectangular object containing many circuits?

Question: You have to classify every human into three distinct categories. What are they?

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-14 08:53:35

At 4/14/15 08:18 AM, i-am-ghey wrote: Question: You have to classify every human into three distinct categories. What are they?

Metalhead - Punk - Should just die

Do you fit into the "Should just die" category?

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-14 09:39:26

At 4/14/15 08:53 AM, NewgroundsMike wrote: Do you fit into the "Should just die" category?

no. because if you die, i will die together with you.

question: do you have the urge to block me now?

Latest TCs

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-14 09:41:52

At 4/14/15 09:39 AM, i-am-ghey wrote:
At 4/14/15 08:53 AM, NewgroundsMike wrote: Do you fit into the "Should just die" category?
no. because if you die, i will die together with you.

question: do you have the urge to block me now?

No, for the sake of not killing this thread.

Could it be that you are a little bit schizophrenic?

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

At 4/14/15 09:41 AM, NewgroundsMike wrote: Could it be that you are a little bit schizophrenic?

Schizophrenia (/ˌskɪtsɵˈfrɛniə/ or /ˌskɪtsɵˈfriːniə/) is a mental disorder often characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to recognize what is real. Common symptoms include false beliefs, unclear or confused thinking, auditory hallucinations, reduced social engagement and emotional expression, and inactivity. Diagnosis is based on observed behavior and the person's reported experiences.

i don't think i have this type of mental health problem. but as i said, there is no way for me to find out. i will have to rely on other's judgments to determine if i have the possibility of suffering from such a horrible illness.

question: am i schizophrenic?

Latest TCs

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-14 09:52:20

At 4/14/15 09:46 AM, i-am-ghey wrote: question: am i schizophrenic?

Well, you did fulfil the "unclear or confused thinking" part in your PMs to me today. About the rest? I'd say no.

Do you think a Youtube video is a source?

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

At 4/14/15 09:52 AM, NewgroundsMike wrote: Do you think a Youtube video is a source?

depends on the content of the video and where the video is taken from.

a video of a university lecture is much more reliable than videos created by laymen of a subject. i learnt most of the meteorology from online videos and lectures as a middle school student.

question: if one of these acts has to be a prohibited by law, which of the following would you choose, and why?
(i) abortion of a child, regardless of its stage of development, (ii) smoking cigarettes in public place, (iii) making and spreading rumors about someone at school or workplace, (iv) males being shirtless in the streets.

Latest TCs

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-14 13:00:38

At 4/14/15 10:35 AM, i-am-ghey wrote: question: if one of these acts has to be a prohibited by law, which of the following would you choose, and why?
(i) abortion of a child, regardless of its stage of development, (ii) smoking cigarettes in public place, (iii) making and spreading rumors about someone at school or workplace, (iv) males being shirtless in the streets.

Smoking in public places, because it endangers the most people at the same time. (And before anyone gets started about second-hand smoke being harmless, my grandmother died because of it. Take your fables somewhere else.)

How can people deny objective truths?

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

you again...?

people can have biases. occasionally they choose to disbelieve things despite objective evidence because they don't want them to be real, or are not prepared to accept these evidences are real.

a traditional medicine practitioner may deny some of his medicines do not work at all, even though there are plenty of researches that suggest the contrary. he has been taught to use the same medicines on his patients and has been using them for a long time. he is simply not ready to accept the reality that the medicines that he trusts are just placebo. also if he admits his medicines do not work, he may lose a substantial part of his income.

question: why do (don't) you go to university/are (not) planning to go to university?

Latest TCs

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-14 13:30:52

At 4/14/15 01:12 PM, i-am-ghey wrote: you again...?

There is no one else, get over it.

question: why do (don't) you go to university/are (not) planning to go to university?

I go to university in order to show my lazy-ass parents what's possible in life.

Why am I surrounded by anti role models?

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-19 13:20:16

At 4/19/15 12:03 PM, SentForMe wrote: If you could vote in any election in any country other than your own, which one would it be and why?

The US Presidential election, in an attempt to prevent the GOP from winning.

How crazy does one have to be to even consider voting for those nutjobs?

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

At 4/19/15 01:20 PM, NewgroundsMike wrote: How crazy does one have to be to even consider voting for those nutjobs?

i do not have the necessary knowledge to tell whether the claim that those candidates are indeed "nutjobs" is true or not.

one thing i can certainly tell is that no rational person would vote for a candidate who he thinks is incompetent, if he has the choice not to vote for him.

are crazy people even allowed to vote? some jurisdictions prohibit it.

question: longer life-expectancy: a blessing or a curse?

Latest TCs

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-20 14:00:13

At 4/20/15 06:17 AM, Sobolev wrote: are crazy people even allowed to vote? some jurisdictions prohibit it.

If the number of crazy people is too high, you can't exclude them from everything.

question: longer life-expectancy: a blessing or a curse?

Curse. Life is shit enough as it is.

Why do some people think there's any point to life?

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-20 15:16:40

At 4/20/15 02:00 PM, NewgroundsMike wrote:
Why do some people think there's any point to life?

Because they don't want to face the truth. Truth obviously being that life is essentially pointless.

This thread has turned dark all of a sudden hasn't it?

ask me questions i guess

At 4/20/15 03:16 PM, Madjasper1 wrote: This thread has turned dark all of a sudden hasn't it?

it has always been like that ever since @NewgroundsMIke posted in it.

Reading comprehension: Read the following passage and answer the questions

I know how-to do that that exactly what I did last year in seen over the year I went from mother real mean basketball player look busy war our stash two more bodybuilder look Iceland known as much man exactly last year best to let you know I was ready very politicized went for a little bit must me yes so his bloody this well like last year this is what I look online at all you know he is I think is a big difference Dave is always pretty startling US meanwhile hoses on Face book the homier his voice is gross blah blame he got some muscle in months: like that's less than a Hess less than around per month like also Royce for any house rules those view real results like I remember say does raise those are nice special results at all should be open to any bites your game less than a pound of muscle ma you know San like you only drugs you don’t need a stairways or any other time the game less than a pound of than ever special is not even those games are not have been that impressive but overall appearance Enduros Testo Booster on those results can be impressed so I'm sorry I do a how naturally put all of that it has a muscle the year gasp yes think I'm going to dance and house Muslims year yes realistic or anybody struggling three-month yeah if you want to engage with you you you will be repaid investing year into train bacterial year show so this lady I had trial today I do not primarily doing calisthenics and workout will but I do with those locals was out Indeed to the din have your low so and it's something that starts in Houston's room waiting this instead of just one waits and also a got shooters **** like three years so I've got another membership started getting wasted I'll have New York I work out which houses were.

Questions:
1. How many times does the word "muscle" appear in the passage
(a) 3
(b) 4
(c) 5
(d) more than 5 times

2. Please indicate whether the following statements are true or false. If it cannot be inferred from the text as to whether a statement is true or false, answer "cannot be determined".
(a) according to the passage, it is possible to gain muscle in a matter of months.
(b) the author is a female
(c) the author says that he/she does not play sports.

Latest TCs

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-21 13:21:45

At 4/21/15 03:48 AM, Sobolev wrote:
At 4/20/15 03:16 PM, Madjasper1 wrote: This thread has turned dark all of a sudden hasn't it?
it has always been like that ever since @NewgroundsMIke posted in it.

Some day you too will embrace the darkness, my friend. We have cookies.

Questions:
1. How many times does the word "muscle" appear in the passage

(a) 3

2. Please indicate whether the following statements are true or false. If it cannot be inferred from the text as to whether a statement is true or false, answer "cannot be determined".
(a) according to the passage, it is possible to gain muscle in a matter of months.
(b) the author is a female
(c) the author says that he/she does not play sports.

That text is way too chaotic to be understood in the slightest. If you want me to do reading comprehension, give me a text that can actually be read.

Who ever wrote that bullshit?

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-23 21:32:14

At 4/21/15 01:21 PM, NewgroundsMike wrote: Who ever wrote that bullshit?

It was probably not written by a human.

Question: "I once felt that I was the most unfortunate child because.... ?"

Latest TCs

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-24 08:05:09

At 4/23/15 09:32 PM, Sobolev wrote:
At 4/21/15 01:21 PM, NewgroundsMike wrote: Who ever wrote that bullshit?
It was probably not written by a human.

Question: "I once felt that I was the most unfortunate child because.... ?"

"I was in and out of hospital for the first 5-6 years of my life".

I'm not lying,

Why did you change your username? If you haven't, why would you?

ask me questions i guess

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-24 09:15:33

At 4/24/15 08:05 AM, Madjasper1 wrote: Why did you change your username? If you haven't, why would you?

I haven't, and I would if my shit-for-brains could think of something better, which it can't.

Why don't we have a user named "Fuck" here?

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-24 10:55:22

At 4/24/15 09:15 AM, NewgroundsMike wrote: Why don't we have a user named "Fuck" here?

He got deleted, and so was "shit".

Question: If you had to skydive without being strapped onto an instructor, how much reward has to be offered before you are willing to do it?
You would be taught how to use a parachute and how to control your descent beforehand.

Latest TCs

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-24 10:57:48

At 4/24/15 10:55 AM, Sobolev wrote: Question: If you had to skydive without being strapped onto an instructor, how much reward has to be offered before you are willing to do it?
You would be taught how to use a parachute and how to control your descent beforehand.

I'm crazy enough to do it for free.

Who cares if I fail and die?

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-24 13:55:37

At 4/24/15 10:57 AM, NewgroundsMike wrote: Who cares if I fail and die?

Probably someone. I dunno who.

Would you willingly swallow a penny?

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-25 04:17:28

At 4/24/15 01:55 PM, Viper wrote: Would you willingly swallow a penny?

No because it is harmful to my health. If it gets stuck somewhere inside my body, they need to do a surgery to remove it.

Question: When was the last time you said "Good morning" to someone?

Latest TCs

At 4/25/15 07:38 AM, SentForMe wrote: What is the farthest distance you have ever traveled to buy something?

Around 10 miles or so just to eat at a restaurant for some inexplicable reason.

What is the dumbest thing you've ever overheard?

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-25 10:01:19

At 4/25/15 07:53 AM, ThePulp wrote:
At 4/25/15 07:38 AM, SentForMe wrote: What is the farthest distance you have ever traveled to buy something?
Around 10 miles or so just to eat at a restaurant for some inexplicable reason.

What is the dumbest thing you've ever overheard?

Someone wanting to buy sausage: "What animal is that turkey sausage from?"

How many times can one lose one's faith in humanity?

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-29 05:33:18

At 4/26/15 09:28 AM, SentForMe wrote: Do you think you could live in an enclosed city for your whole life, assuming it provided every necessary amenity with the exception of outside air and unspoiled natural surroundings?

No. I'm not the city kind of guy.

For how long will I be banned for bumping all this shit?

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-29 06:34:32

At 4/29/15 05:33 AM, NewgroundsMike wrote: For how long will I be banned for bumping all this shit?

Well, assuming this is an offense of sorts, perhaps about 2-3 days at most.
More than that is just plain idiotic tyranny.

So, ever hear of the Great Fire of '68?

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-29 11:58:51

At 4/29/15 11:56 AM, SentForMe wrote: Do you ever take a nap during the day, even a very short one?

On very rare occasions, naps usually exhaust me more than anything..

Have you ever shamed yourself after a particularly gritty wank?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask the person below a weird... 2015-04-30 13:46:46

At 4/29/15 11:58 AM, DumbassDude wrote: Have you ever shamed yourself after a particularly gritty wank?

No.

Question: "Right to terminate your life freely is not compatible with the right to life". Do you agree or disagree?

Latest TCs