00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

MineCraft "Clones" better ?

1,304 Views | 17 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

MineCraft "Clones" better ? 2014-01-21 18:31:10

this is about minecraft and minecraft clones.

before i start i don't have an xbox when i go to my sisters house i babysit my nephew i'll just play her boyfriends xbox when she goes to work.

when i see minecraft "clones" on the xbox marketplace i think to my self hmm ok its popular so people will follow the style of the game.
anyway some even better then mincraft in ways like one that my nephew downloaded had graphics that looked realistic and refreshing and delicious (as in looks so good you want to drink)
other clones have features that actually make these games more fun then minecraft
some look visually better,graphically better,

one game as such is castle miner z i see my nephew play it it looks fun and it is fun imo because i played it.
castleminerZ
so this is the end and time for discussion and opinions and other things
discuss

MineCraft

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to MineCraft "Clones" better ? 2014-01-21 18:37:17

I don't know if you can really call it a clone as you don't build anything but the game is based on MC from level/world build point of view, the game is Zombie Death Quota and ZDQ2 Ghost Dogs (A little dig at COD) its a silly but really fun level based shoot-um up available on the 360 Indie Marketplace for next to nothing.

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to MineCraft "Clones" better ? 2014-01-21 18:37:26

I played some demos on them and I find them pretty horrid. Some make them because Microsoft don't allow mods and some just do it to rip you off for a couple of bucks.

Also check out this poorly advertise game that's intentionally ripping off Minecraft down to the bone.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to MineCraft "Clones" better ? 2014-01-21 18:39:25

I own CastleMiner Z and it is a waste of money, I would rather have Minecraft.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to MineCraft "Clones" better ? 2014-01-21 18:57:15

I just wish there was one set in the modern world. Where you mine with heavy machinery, drill for oil and build big cities.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to MineCraft "Clones" better ? 2014-01-21 19:04:53

At 1/21/14 06:57 PM, Painbringer wrote: I just wish there was one set in the modern world. Where you mine with heavy machinery, drill for oil and build big cities.

that would be fun to have time to pitch ideas to developers.

At 1/21/14 06:55 PM, Entice wrote:
At 1/21/14 06:31 PM, kazumazkan wrote: anyway some even better then mincraft in ways like one that my nephew downloaded had graphics that looked realistic and refreshing and delicious (as in looks so good you want to drink)
Genuine question, why do you want realistic textures and effects in a game that's made entirely of cubes anyways? It makes no sense, and looks absolutely awful in my opinion because of the clash of visual styles.

its not that i want better graphics just a mention that some of them have better graphics and looks visually better in may aspects of the games

That said, the default graphics in Minecraft are absolutely terrible. I have a better texture pack but in the original resolution.

a good thing a con these games have but fun regardless in my opinion

Either way, you can get those "realistic" shaders and textures on PC anyways, so I don't think it's enough to make the knock-off better than Minecraft.

yeah but just like the way the games play and other things.

plus i like the guns on castleminerz i play often when i have to care of nephew.

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to MineCraft "Clones" better ? 2014-01-21 19:10:52

At 1/21/14 06:37 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: I played some demos on them and I find them pretty horrid. Some make them because Microsoft don't allow mods and some just do it to rip you off for a couple of bucks.

Also check out this poorly advertise game that's intentionally ripping off Minecraft down to the bone.

That game looks dreadful, I wouldn't play it they paid me let alone the other way around.

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to MineCraft "Clones" better ? 2014-01-21 20:52:32

At 1/21/14 06:57 PM, Painbringer wrote: I just wish there was one set in the modern world. Where you mine with heavy machinery, drill for oil and build big cities.

There's tons of mods for Minecraft that let you do that. If you're really looking for modern stuff check out the Tekkit launcher. It's online too so no worries there, but you can only play with others who also have Tekkit.

Anyway, I dislike most of the MC clones. As I just said, mods will let you do any amount of stuff that the clones have that vanilla Minecraft lacks.

Response to MineCraft "Clones" better ? 2014-01-22 00:53:42

You can do that in Terraria lol

filler text

Response to MineCraft "Clones" better ? 2014-01-22 11:14:47

Terraria was terribad, I hate that game.

An opinion is like a fart. No one likes it but eventually it evaporates into nothing. Mike David

Response to MineCraft "Clones" better ? 2014-01-22 15:06:45

At 1/22/14 11:14 AM, AngryGrag wrote: Terraria was terribad, I hate that game.\

Explain why!?!?

filler text

Response to MineCraft "Clones" better ? 2014-01-22 15:16:43

At 1/22/14 11:14 AM, AngryGrag wrote: Terraria was terribad, I hate that game.

What was wrong with Terraria? I quite enjoy it but my friends who have played Minecraft are to used to Minecraft to even like anything about Terraria. Are you in the same boat?

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to MineCraft "Clones" better ? 2014-01-22 17:59:59

Would you consider "Terraria" a Minecraft clone?

MineCraft

Skynet is upon us.

Response to MineCraft "Clones" better ? 2014-01-22 18:22:20

At 1/22/14 05:59 PM, Ron-Geno wrote: Would you consider "Terraria" a Minecraft clone?

I wouldn't. Minecraft is to Terraria what Mass Effect is to Chrono Trigger.

Response to MineCraft "Clones" better ? 2014-01-22 21:18:42

At 1/22/14 05:59 PM, Ron-Geno wrote: Would you consider "Terraria" a Minecraft clone?

it was officially released with substantially more content several months before MC actually got "officially" released, so that's a pretty dumb question to ask.

filler text

Response to MineCraft "Clones" better ? 2014-01-22 22:07:03

At 1/22/14 09:18 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote:
it was officially released with substantially more content several months before MC actually got "officially" released, so that's a pretty dumb question to ask.

Considering I also put Patrick in as a picture,
that was poor observation on your part.

Skynet is upon us.

Response to MineCraft "Clones" better ? 2014-01-23 18:30:54

At 1/22/14 03:16 PM, Atlas wrote:
At 1/22/14 11:14 AM, AngryGrag wrote: Terraria was terribad, I hate that game.
What was wrong with Terraria? I quite enjoy it but my friends who have played Minecraft are to used to Minecraft to even like anything about Terraria. Are you in the same boat?

Pretty much, I don't view it as bad I just view it as a waste of time since I see Minecraft as the superior. I don't see how anyone could prefer Terraria over Minecraft, but if you have found a reason then I can respect that.

An opinion is like a fart. No one likes it but eventually it evaporates into nothing. Mike David

Response to MineCraft "Clones" better ? 2014-01-25 20:59:26

I think Minecraft will always be king, but I hear FortressCraft and other games are 10x better for building. Minecraft is the OG

BBS Signature