Be a Supporter!

Hello Fellow Newgrounders

  • 411 Views
  • 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
NemisXue
NemisXue
  • Member since: Jan. 20, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Hello Fellow Newgrounders 2014-01-21 13:40:42 Reply

Names Nemis Xue I am sort of new in the idea I just made an account yesterday but been on and using newgrounds for years, just figured I would start posting some of my work here seeing as I moved and in the process lost my login for my other art portfolios that I have linked on my page. So why not make one for here since I do spend alot of time playing the games, watching the movies, and looking at the art on here. When I am not in Second Life making art of my own or hanging with my friends. I no some don't view snapshots from Second Life to be an art form and others see it as nothing more then a dress up game.

I am not here for those close minded fools, I am here just to share my art and love with the rest of NewGrounds. I mean yeah is you want to look at SL as something basic then it is a dress up game but it is some much more, cause everything is user created content no corporation or big wigs forcing you to buy dlc packs just to have a hat or be able to do something.

I just posted a quick selection of some stuff I have yet to post any where and just got done with editing and touching up in photoshop. Please stop by my profile and let me know what you all think and thanks for taking time to read my post and check out my profile.

Best Wishes
Nemis Xue


BBS Signature
ninjaslave
ninjaslave
  • Member since: Sep. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to Hello Fellow Newgrounders 2014-01-21 13:49:03 Reply

ive heard of second life it sounds pretty cool. I like the idea of user created content!! people make the houses and cars and places its very interesting


ninjaslave doesn't pick cotton..... ninjaslave picks ways to END YOU!!!!
http://ninjaslave.wix.com/portfolio CLICK TO SEE MY YUMMY PORTFOLIO!!

BBS Signature
NemisXue
NemisXue
  • Member since: Jan. 20, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Hello Fellow Newgrounders 2014-01-21 14:00:31 Reply

At 1/21/14 01:49 PM, ninjaslave wrote: ive heard of second life it sounds pretty cool. I like the idea of user created content!! people make the houses and cars and places its very interesting

Indeed it is there is some pretty big sims full of someones designs.


BBS Signature
Luwano
Luwano
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Art Lover
Response to Hello Fellow Newgrounders 2014-01-21 14:06:14 Reply

At 1/21/14 01:40 PM, NemisXue wrote:
I am not here for those close minded fools, I am here just to share my art and love with the rest of NewGrounds. I mean yeah is you want to look at SL as something basic then it is a dress up game but it is some much more, cause everything is user created content no corporation or big wigs forcing you to buy dlc packs just to have a hat or be able to do something.

Welcome to the art forum. Could you elaborate on this? Does that mean you get to design your own clothing and items or do you pick from a selection of objects and just change the color and minor details? And did you create all of the stuff seen on your screenshots yourself? The art portal rules are very clear, that everything you submit has to be your own original work. The art forum however is more open to different kinds of images. I'd need to know more to understand how your submissions come together though.


BBS Signature
NemisXue
NemisXue
  • Member since: Jan. 20, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Hello Fellow Newgrounders 2014-01-21 14:26:27 Reply

At 1/21/14 02:06 PM, Luwano wrote:
At 1/21/14 01:40 PM, NemisXue wrote:
I am not here for those close minded fools, I am here just to share my art and love with the rest of NewGrounds. I mean yeah is you want to look at SL as something basic then it is a dress up game but it is some much more, cause everything is user created content no corporation or big wigs forcing you to buy dlc packs just to have a hat or be able to do something.
Welcome to the art forum. Could you elaborate on this? Does that mean you get to design your own clothing and items or do you pick from a selection of objects and just change the color and minor details? And did you create all of the stuff seen on your screenshots yourself? The art portal rules are very clear, that everything you submit has to be your own original work. The art forum however is more open to different kinds of images. I'd need to know more to understand how your submissions come together though.

Second Life is user credit content not like you see on Steam Workshops or in other games. It is all built from the ground up easier using the ingame build system or using a mesh build software and importing it into the game. Some stuff I made and some stuff is from stores or modded content. In the case of my artwork on here it is all stuff I had modded or bought and have the rights of the creators to use in the photos. Some request I put credit in the pictures why others just simple ask I at least tell people where to find the content.

The images are my own creations let me be very clear of that but some of the stuff withen the photos are shared content that I have permission to use in my art. I am in no way breaking the rules of the art portal.


BBS Signature
NemisXue
NemisXue
  • Member since: Jan. 20, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Hello Fellow Newgrounders 2014-01-21 14:30:17 Reply

Further more I model and do photography in my real life and understand the reasoning behind the rules of the Art Portal. Which I will never break or post anything that I don't have full rights too or all parties consent.


BBS Signature
ornery
ornery
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 55
Artist
Response to Hello Fellow Newgrounders 2014-01-21 18:05:20 Reply

Would be curious to see the process from scratch, so that we can really understand how the actual art is created.

NemisXue
NemisXue
  • Member since: Jan. 20, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Hello Fellow Newgrounders 2014-01-21 18:21:29 Reply

At 1/21/14 06:05 PM, ornery wrote: Would be curious to see the process from scratch, so that we can really understand how the actual art is created.

Ask and you will recieve here is a video of someone making mesh for second life http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygHD1FMSgxM and the inworld build functions http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABC-GYFrjgw


BBS Signature
Chamois
Chamois
  • Member since: May. 12, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Animator
Response to Hello Fellow Newgrounders 2014-01-21 20:44:59 Reply

At 1/21/14 01:40 PM, NemisXue wrote: Names Nemis Xue I am sort of new in the idea I just made an account yesterday but been on and using newgrounds for years

im in the same boat there XD ive been using newgrounds since 2005 using a very old email address that faded into internet hysteria, and ive only now thought of making a new account which i greatly regret XD

NemisXue
NemisXue
  • Member since: Jan. 20, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Hello Fellow Newgrounders 2014-01-22 08:52:23 Reply

At 1/21/14 08:44 PM, Chamois wrote: im in the same boat there XD ive been using newgrounds since 2005 using a very old email address that faded into internet hysteria, and ive only now thought of making a new account which i greatly regret XD

Why you regret it?


BBS Signature
Chamois
Chamois
  • Member since: May. 12, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Animator
Response to Hello Fellow Newgrounders 2014-01-22 18:06:06 Reply

At 1/22/14 08:52 AM, NemisXue wrote:
At 1/21/14 08:44 PM, Chamois wrote: im in the same boat there XD ive been using newgrounds since 2005 using a very old email address that faded into internet hysteria, and ive only now thought of making a new account which i greatly regret XD
Why you regret it?

nono i regret not making a new account back in 05-06 XD

NemisXue
NemisXue
  • Member since: Jan. 20, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Hello Fellow Newgrounders 2014-01-23 13:33:56 Reply

At 1/21/14 08:44 PM, Chamois wrote:

nono i regret not making a new account back in 05-06 XD

Ah that makes sense


BBS Signature