00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Performance Boost!

54,896 Views | 143 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-19 16:33:30

At 1/19/14 02:58 PM, Sunrie wrote: Ironically, this performance boost has made NG almost unusable on my netbook...which is what I used 99% of the time.

How so?

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-19 20:18:03

dat boost

I hope your day will be as bright as the sun!

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-19 21:39:44

Oh baby, it feels good. real fine nuts good.

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-19 23:14:47

Serious performance boosts on my end. Animated movies actually load now.

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-20 03:51:36

NG running well for me so far.

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-20 10:46:56

It's a lot faster now. Good work!!!!!!!!!!

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-20 12:36:55

Quick question.
Is it possible to embed videos on like Facebook or something if they don't have the little Embed button on the submission? Or would our best bet be to just post the link on there and have someone follow the link back to here?

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-20 13:52:33

All good my end...woosh!

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-20 22:35:04

Seems to run faster now!

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-21 11:41:33

My only problem is that the ad under the section bar is blocking the subsections =(

NG Performance Boost!

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-22 10:12:57

I would like to say I had some speed and loading issues. But I really just think it's my internet here at work. Well hope it all works out. Thanks

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-22 11:11:42

I can wach most moives here with out it frezzing on me and I tried other conputers and laptops!

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-22 16:36:16

TBH i haven't logged in since sometime in fall last year, but it's very slow right now...pages take 2-3 seconds extra and a music track à 10mb takes like 4 minutes to d/l..

Strip the flesh! Salt the wounds! *Manical laughter*

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-23 08:06:21

As a website that is depending on bandwith, their dispute is costing you income.
I would put a claim on the losses it cost NG on the responsible companies.

Take a legal person to find out what can be claimed.
A site as big as yours loses a substantial amount of revenue when this happens.

Regards

Peter

At 1/16/14 01:08 PM, TomFulp wrote: Since May of 2013, NG has been experiencing degraded performance as a result of a peering dispute between Verizon and Cogent, our bandwidth provider. As a result, download speeds were slowing to a crawl during peak hours. The problem was getting worse and worse, with NG running poorly most of the time for Verizon users.

This week Brendon hooked us up with CloudFlare's content delivery network. Our DNS is now running through CF and they are working some serious magic to get our files to you faster than ever, all over the world.

It has been 24 hours since we made the DNS change so everyone SHOULD be able to access NG right now, but some ISPs may still be caching the old record. If you know someone who can't access NG, tell them to try again later today, or try Google Public DNS.

We're also still working out some kinks with things like caching. If you update your game or movie, it may take a while before you see the new version running until this gets sorted out.

BURNING QUESTION: How is Newgrounds running for you today? Is it better than ever? The same? Do you FEEL the difference?

Now would be a good time to mention that our 2014 Supporter Upgrade is available, so you can browse NG with minimal ads and see the pages load even faster!

New entry below

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-23 13:48:34

Site is slower than a snail right now for me.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-23 14:23:36

You know, I'm more worried in the future regarding the death of Net Neutrality. Now ISP can literally sabotage performance of websites they don't like.

Only I can make blue whales cry.

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-23 18:59:50

It's actually a problem now for me, I use gs3 & nothing is loading up, just art & some movies, also im with T-Mobile, wouldn't it be better to make a separate website available for the networks for phones, sorry if it sounds confusing, just have the site separate from different types of users or networks, again sorry if its confusing, also I want to change my username, is it possible? Thank you for at least reading, have a nice day or night (^_^)/

At 1/16/14 01:08 PM, TomFulp wrote: Since May of 2013, NG has been experiencing degraded performance as a result of a peering dispute between Verizon and Cogent, our bandwidth provider. As a result, download speeds were slowing to a crawl during peak hours. The problem was getting worse and worse, with NG running poorly most of the time for Verizon users.

This week Brendon hooked us up with CloudFlare's content delivery network. Our DNS is now running through CF and they are working some serious magic to get our files to you faster than ever, all over the world.

It has been 24 hours since we made the DNS change so everyone SHOULD be able to access NG right now, but some ISPs may still be caching the old record. If you know someone who can't access NG, tell them to try again later today, or try Google Public DNS.

We're also still working out some kinks with things like caching. If you update your game or movie, it may take a while before you see the new version running until this gets sorted out.

BURNING QUESTION: How is Newgrounds running for you today? Is it better than ever? The same? Do you FEEL the difference?

Now would be a good time to mention that our 2014 Supporter Upgrade is available, so you can browse NG with minimal ads and see the pages load even faster!

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-24 01:16:43

Art portal thumbnails are sporadically loading, filesizes are being incorrectly reported, and the pod text isn't 'stylized' or compressed or something.... other hiccups too, dunno if they're network related.

At 1/23/14 06:59 PM, AgemoKire wrote: It's actually a problem now for me, I use gs3 & nothing is loading up, just art & some movies, also im with T-Mobile, wouldn't it be better to make a separate website available for the networks for phones, sorry if it sounds confusing, just have the site separate from different types of users or networks, again sorry if its confusing, also I want to change my username, is it possible? Thank you for at least reading, have a nice day or night (^_^)/

It sounds like a Flash issue, but if it is network related, the staff is looking at it. Newgrounds is right smack-dab in the middle of a war online, between very large companies with billions of dollars at stake. And we're caught in the crossfire.. "Problems of the future, today", indeed. Instead of a gay-ass sunburst on the FP, we should have pictures of Detroit... start living up to our heritage again. Or I'm just sentimental, and slightly stoned again.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-24 01:21:32

Sry... this is what I was on about. Fresh install of FF 26. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0, Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla, Flash 11.9 r900... damn, I gotta update nearly everything :p

NG Performance Boost!

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-24 08:31:21

The sites running amazing.

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-24 08:47:29

While the website overall loads quick (I don't notice any improvement as the site's response times have always been great for me), games and movies are so much slower at loading than previously... Before I was getting 2-3MB/s game/movie transfer speeds now I can barely hit 500 KB/s let alone 1MB/s

I never had issues with performance before but now I feel like I'm getting throttled as there are a few times I hit 2-3MB/s however it's hit and miss.

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-24 08:52:07

What does that suppose to mean? that wasn't happening before the update!

NG Performance Boost!

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-24 15:04:53

Seems to be a bit faster tonight, haven't tried d/l'ing anything yet though..

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-24 15:15:56

At 1/24/14 03:04 PM, BloodlustSweden wrote: Seems to be a bit faster tonight, haven't tried d/l'ing anything yet though..

D/L seems more than double the speed of yesterday but 1-2 minutes for around 7 mb is still way too slow..

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-24 15:46:07

I'm now getting 90KB/s to 150 KB/s download speeds, taking over 1-2 minutes for some games to load... I've never waited more than 15-20 seconds for games to load for the past 4 years!

It's like I'm back 2002 with the 1 mbit connection that I had...

NG Performance Boost!

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-24 16:03:16

Why is NG so slow suddenly?
I was playing games and watching videos with no problem just last week, and today I have barely been able to play Gretel and Hansel, and now it's just downright impossible, it's too slow! And I assure you my connexion is just fine

What the hell is goinf on?

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-24 16:07:01

At 1/23/14 06:59 PM, AgemoKire wrote: It's actually a problem now for me, I use gs3 & nothing is loading up

We don't have a mobile site.

At 1/24/14 01:16 AM, VicariousE wrote: Art portal thumbnails are sporadically loading

Images not loading was an issue we found and fixed earlier.

filesizes are being incorrectly reported, and the pod text isn't 'stylized' or compressed or something.... other hiccups too, dunno if they're network related.

Got an example? I downloaded an image and the file size was correct.

At 1/24/14 03:46 PM, kmg90 wrote: I'm now getting 90KB/s to 150 KB/s download speeds, taking over 1-2 minutes for some games to load... I've never waited more than 15-20 seconds for games to load for the past 4 years!

It's like I'm back 2002 with the 1 mbit connection that I had...

We're seeing this too. We're probably going to disable CF for now. It was working perfectly last week, then this week it's working worse than it was before we started using them. I have a ticket but haven't heard back.

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-24 16:30:24

I hope I'm snipping the qoute correctly

At 1/24/14 04:07 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:

We're seeing this too. We're probably going to disable CF for now. It was working perfectly last week, then this week it's working worse than it was before we started using them. I have a ticket but haven't heard back.

From my limited perspective it seems to be a caching issue as refreshing the page when the transfer speeds are way below normal, the subsequent load is the complete opposite (super fast)

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-24 16:48:58

At 1/24/14 04:07 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
From my limited perspective it seems to be a caching issue as refreshing the page when the transfer speeds are way below normal, the subsequent load is the complete opposite (super fast)

I don't it works like that

Response to NG Performance Boost! 2014-01-24 16:54:18

At 1/24/14 03:15 PM, BloodlustSweden wrote:
At 1/24/14 03:04 PM, BloodlustSweden wrote: Seems to be a bit faster tonight, haven't tried d/l'ing anything yet though..
D/L seems more than double the speed of yesterday but 1-2 minutes for around 7 mb is still way too slow..

Hmm...the last two songs i d/l'ed took just a few seconds to finish so it looks promising :3