00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cosoden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Advertising methods other than API?

457 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

On .SWF files, I know you can put on adverts on the loading screen and such, but I was wondering:
What advertising methods are there for videos, things that aren't .swf?

Thanks in advance

Response to Advertising methods other than API? 2014-01-14 17:38:17

If you mean .mp4s I don't think there is anything unless you put something in the actual animation which would be weird.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Advertising methods other than API? 2014-01-14 18:51:37

There's nothing for video files yet, unfortunately. I hear it's being worked on though!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Advertising methods other than API? 2014-01-15 18:02:30

Oh, that's a shame. Thanks for the information though. Hopefully NG will do a huge notification for everyone once the new system's developed. I just hope it doesn't end up as "forceful" as YouTube *shudder*

Response to Advertising methods other than API? 2014-01-16 04:12:53

At 1/15/14 06:02 PM, Shufflehound wrote: Oh, that's a shame. Thanks for the information though. Hopefully NG will do a huge notification for everyone once the new system's developed. I just hope it doesn't end up as "forceful" as YouTube *shudder*

Yeah, definitely hope so! YT ads get annoying especially when they're automatically applied to submissions, where some hoax company files a copyright claim on audio used that's often even your own. So many flaws in their system... yeah, no doubt the feature'll be announced when it happens!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Advertising methods other than API? 2014-01-16 11:25:43

I really don't think Newgrounds would ever fail as hard as Youtube has, at least as long as they don't sell the site or something which I hope never happens.

For other advertising methods just use your imagination really. Embed things in the videos. Have links to click in the author comments for the video. Have links to click on your profile.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here