00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

a bit of critique please?

847 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

a bit of critique please? 2014-01-12 20:49:50

Hey, could I get a bit of critique on some of my art please? Any help is much appreciated!
I have yet to upload all my art but i have some more stuff posted on dA if anyone is interested,
thanks for your time :)

a bit of critique please?

Response to a bit of critique please? 2014-01-12 23:35:08

At 1/12/14 08:49 PM, Crowleys-angels172 wrote: Hey, could I get a bit of critique on some of my art please? Any help is much appreciated!
I have yet to upload all my art but i have some more stuff posted on dA if anyone is interested,

the eyes are coming through to heavily from behind the hair. it makes it look like they are not sitting behind the hair but in front of it. i dont know if it is a design choice or what but the teeth do not look like they are sitting behind any sort of lip. they could use some sort of shadow along the top. i do not see any discernible light source, making the hair cast some sort of shadow on the body can help ad depth.
overall color scheme could be improved by using a darker color palette. it looks like a more demon type character, the light grey background and lack of shadows make it seem less demon'e / threatening. proportions seem ok for the design of the character, though if you finish out the body, from what it shown the arms look like they are very thin, you are also dangerously close to giving your character a brock lesnar neck.
the smoke coming from the right side of the mouth sitting on top of the hair is a little unnerving. your smoke design is very concentrated to a linear line. smoke has a tendency in small quantity to disperse in a non linear fashion.

Because some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn -Alfred

BBS Signature

Response to a bit of critique please? 2014-01-13 16:37:03

At 1/12/14 08:49 PM, Crowleys-angels172 wrote: Hey, could I get a bit of critique on some of my art please? Any help is much appreciated!

Okay the good:
The hair is pretty neat, cause it's goin' all over the place.
The face is proportionately done well, as well as his shoulders and such.

The things you could improve on:
Okay so you've got some darks here and there, but the overall image is pretty light. What you could do is use some darker darks in areas like the area underneath his eyebrows and inside of his ears. Also by his neck sort of to give it a little depth, that way it'll look a lot more drastic. As the person before me stated, the eyes do look like they're above the hair, and I think it's the way you did it. To me it looks like you did the hair first, then colored the eyes over the hair with a softer brush. So to remedy that, what I would suggest is trying to paint strands over the eyes, and to give it the effect I think you're aiming for, leave little gaps between the strands so the green sticks out.

If you like I could paint over it a bit to show you examples of what I mean?

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."