New Topic Respond to this Topic
Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-01-12 14:21:00 Reply

Hello ladies, gentlemen and others. My name is Noiz and welcome to my not-so-cleverly-named Art Thread. Here, as many of NG artists do, I shall be showcasing my latest pieces of art in search for constructive criticism. Feel free to critique to your heart's content, but please mind the line between harsh criticism(which is encouraged over sugar-coated critique) and being plain hurtful and unhelpful. I have quite a journey ahead of me as far as improvement and style development are concerned and I hope that you all will accompany me down the road. Formalities now aside, let's begin shall we?

Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-01-12 14:29:57 Reply

To begin I suppose it would only make sense to post my latest work. So here's a piece that was finished just yesterday as a gift to a good friend of mine named Slim Sadie. Being a sucker for retro-gaming and glowing things I figured it was only right to mix the two. Also, I tried a different method of coloring this than I usually would. I feel it was bit of an inadequate attempt, even if it was my first try. But, of course, there's always time to practice and improve. For the full size version of this piece you can take a peek at my profile. I hope you enjoy it!

The Noiz-e Art Thread

Zhon
Zhon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-01-12 23:36:43 Reply

At 1/12/14 02:29 PM, Noiz-EProductions wrote: To begin I suppose it would only make sense to post my latest work. So here's a piece that was finished just yesterday as a gift to a good friend of mine named Slim Sadie. Being a sucker for retro-gaming and glowing things I figured it was only right to mix the two. Also, I tried a different method of coloring this than I usually would. I feel it was bit of an inadequate attempt, even if it was my first try. But, of course, there's always time to practice and improve. For the full size version of this piece you can take a peek at my profile. I hope you enjoy it!

Let me begin by saying that your friend has an excellent name.

Anyway, let me begin by stating your biggest flaw in this piece. The balance between the text and the rest of the image is not working. You should always treat your text just like you would any other element of your composition. As it stands, the "oops" draws all of my attention to the upper-left corner and distracts from the rest of the image.

Secondly, I am not quite sure how I feel about the meshing of the background and subject matter. On one hand, they do not stylistically, formally, or chromatically balance each other at all. On the other hand however, this provides an interesting effect that gives a sensation of depth.

Formally, your subject is interesting and well executed. It is very flat, but I suspect that is what you were going for. Compositionally I would like to see the main focus on the subject (the muzzle/snout) off-center a little bit. Just my opinion of course, different compositions work for different people.

I just decided that I need a signature.

Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-01-13 10:47:49 Reply

I see what you mean and I appreciate the reply. It seems that the more technical side of art is the part at which my work has been lacking efficiency as of late, so being told things like this really help a lot. :D

Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-01-14 08:14:32 Reply

Next I have a piece of which I will not be uploading to the portal simply because I feel as if I could have done much better and, quite honestly, it was a bit rushed. I did an art trade with a lovely lady by the name of Of-Medusa on deviantart and my half of the bargain was drawing her character Krys. As previously stated, it's not my best work. But I'm always open for constructive criticism, you lovely forum-goers.

The Noiz-e Art Thread

Zhon
Zhon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-01-15 01:30:53 Reply

Did you forget to attach the file? I don't see it on your page either.

Zhon
Zhon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-01-15 01:38:40 Reply

At 1/15/14 01:30 AM, Zhon wrote: Did you forget to attach the file? I don't see it on your page either.

Derp, sorry. Refreshed and it was there.

You have some interesting qualities going on in this one, but I agree with you.
- I like that you are giving your shadows temperature. All too often people treat shadows and highlights as just gray or white versions of the underlying color. I encourage you to explore this further.
- Some of your anatomy is off. The hands are a bit small - generally they should be almost as long as the face - and the character's left ear seems like it needs to be more on the side of her head than it is. Also your foreshortening is counter-intuitive on the arms - the one in the background seems slightly larger than the one in the foreground. The legs have the same problem. I know you are still just starting to explore foreshortening as you mentioned previously, so next time take a moment to consider which parts should be larger or smaller before doing the linework :).

Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-01-15 09:55:43 Reply

I concur with your point on foreshortening and I assure you I'm working on improvement in that area. But I'm disappointed in myself for the inconsistency of size. Rushed or not, it's inexcusable. Plus there was no point in rushing anyhow. It's an art trade, not a damn race. As far as hands go, that's something I'm still trying very hard to improve. All those years of drawing the hands behind the character's back are coming back to haunt me it seems. XD

Artsupplies
Artsupplies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-01-16 01:37:43 Reply

Your painting is very nice and cool. You should do more better by efforts and practice. So, keep it up.

Art supplies | Craft and Scrapbooking | Painting Accessories

Breaktroll
Breaktroll
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-01-16 02:39:15 Reply

At 1/16/14 01:37 AM, Artsupplies wrote: Your painting is very nice and cool. You should do more better by efforts and practice. So, keep it up.

Art supplies | Craft and Scrapbooking | Painting Accessories

This is like the 3d time I've seen this ass.
Did advertising on the forums become permitted while I was away, or?

Try not being a bitch for once, huh?

BBS Signature
Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-01-16 04:25:55 Reply

This is like the 3d time I've seen this ass.
Did advertising on the forums become permitted while I was away, or?

Oh, well. At the end of the day no real harm was actually done. No point wasting the energy and life resources on getting upset with the fool. He'll get what he deserves in the end.

Zhon
Zhon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-01-16 11:11:26 Reply

If you want advice on improving hand drawings, draw your own hand observationally five times a day. Spend only 15 minutes on each drawing. Do not rush, but do work dilligently and aim to finish the drawing within the time limit. Once you can do that, reduce the time by 5 minutes, and again until you can draw your own hand in 5 minutes. Use different poses every time.

Drawing observationally is infinitely helpful for drawing from the mind. People underestimate this to no end all of the time.

Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-01-16 13:09:42 Reply

Sounds interesting. I'll most certainly give it a shot. Thank you for the advice.

Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-01-21 09:41:55 Reply

Oh, what a pity. It seems that this weekend was too busy for me to get anything artistic done. MIsfortune... shame...

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Art Lover
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-01-21 12:10:40 Reply

At 1/21/14 09:41 AM, Noiz-EProductions wrote: Oh, what a pity. It seems that this weekend was too busy for me to get anything artistic done. MIsfortune... shame...

Maybe you could use this opportunity to upload WIPs when you start your next piece or some basic practice. Generally it's useful to receive feedback when the drawing is not finished yet, because it's easier to fix something at an early stage.

BBS Signature
Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-01-22 04:14:32 Reply

Maybe you could use this opportunity to upload WIPs when you start your next piece or some basic practice. Generally it's useful to receive feedback when the drawing is not finished yet, because it's easier to fix something at an early stage.

Well, I don't have any worthwhile works in progress to show, but I did sketch a femboy out of boredom(and I didn't draw the hands because I'm a loser). I only spent maybe 15 minutes sketching it, and I was more focused on his body type than anything. Femboys tend to have interesting body structures. Nonetheless feel free to critique as you please.

The Noiz-e Art Thread

Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-01-24 19:20:09 Reply

Here we have a little something that I sketched up while we were in Science doing bugger all. Are there any suggestions before I digitally line and color? (Also, ignore the name. It's due to the fact that my friend demanded that I name him immediately. I'm leaning more toward Flik or Spaz. Help me decide?)

The Noiz-e Art Thread

Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-01-28 02:51:25 Reply

I felt the need to update the markings on my character Noiz, so I took a few hours to whip this up. As you may be able to tell, I was in a bit of a state of discontent.

The Noiz-e Art Thread

maficmelody
maficmelody
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Animator
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-01-28 03:03:56 Reply

Neat character. Perhaps you can push the "I despise you" face with a little narrower eye set.

At 1/28/14 02:51 AM, Noiz-EProductions wrote: I felt the need to update the markings on my character Noiz, so I took a few hours to whip this up. As you may be able to tell, I was in a bit of a state of discontent.
Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-01-28 09:49:41 Reply

At 1/28/14 03:03 AM, maficmelody wrote: Neat character. Perhaps you can push the "I despise you" face with a little narrower eye set.

Yes, that would be optimal. Thank you for the advice. d(^_^d )

Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-02-01 18:11:34 Reply

Here we have my current progress on a commission that I received a few days ago. The goal for the final product is for him to be stepping out of a pool. What he's holding in his left hand is supposed to be his towel. Any suggestions before I continue?

The Noiz-e Art Thread

Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-02-02 16:56:40 Reply

So, I'm simply ecstatic! One of my favorite artists at the moment, Sin., did a free bust shot of my character Noiz last night in her stream! Naturally, I couldn't leave her without some kind of proper thank you. I took a short break from commissions to do a short "zen sketch" and then this came about. It was quite relaxing and I had a hell of a good time with it! I experimented a bit stylistically, but it's nothing to prominent. Anyway, feel free to CnC if you wish but, mind you, I only spent a short time on this so I could get back to work.

Also, go check out what she made for me right here
And here you can find her page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/sin.

The Noiz-e Art Thread

Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-02-03 07:55:02 Reply

I've concocted a fan character for a fantown of A Night in the Woods. Any thoughts?

The Noiz-e Art Thread

Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-02-05 09:42:17 Reply

Stereo delights me, quite frankly. So I made a little something during Science class(I swear to you, we do bugger-all in that class)

The Noiz-e Art Thread

Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-02-07 20:17:34 Reply

This was meant to be uploaded yesterday, but newgrounds was having difficulties. Regardless, this is a recently finished commission that I must give extra thanks to Zhon for since he helped me clean it up a bit before finishing. Enjoy!

The Noiz-e Art Thread

Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-02-08 03:10:42 Reply

And yet another piece that was originally a doodle. My, my. Intriguing, is it not?

The Noiz-e Art Thread

Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-02-08 15:57:48 Reply

Somebody please stop me.
I've made 3 more versions of that last post.

One with RGB split

A seizure inducing glitchy version

And even a mobile wallpaper!

You can nab the Hex background I used for the wallpaper here.

Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-02-14 17:51:27 Reply

This was a gift for a friend of mine. It's not nothing too spectacular, but we wouldn't want the thread to die now, would we?

The Noiz-e Art Thread

Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-02-16 10:04:15 Reply

Among a few other projects, I'm currently working on a short, animated pixel icon for a friend of mine. This is a small element that will be implemented into it. If there are any pixel artist out there, feel free to let me know if there's anything that you think I could improve.

The Noiz-e Art Thread

Noiz-EProductions
Noiz-EProductions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to The Noiz-e Art Thread 2014-02-24 08:17:25 Reply

This was a doodle in-between commissions that ended up getting colored and shaded. Alesia is one of many of my friend Hinge's characters that, up until now, hasn't been brought to light visually. Although I can't criticize her for this because the story is the same for a large majority of my characters. Anyway, I needed a break and felt like drawing a Naga. When I got started she brought up that she had an albino ball python Naga that she hadn't drawn yet. Note that in the world of snakes albino doesn't mean that they have no pigment in their skin. I believe that's called ivory. For ball pythons, albino is white with yellow markings. Also mote that this was just a quick doodle. The only thing that I took any real time on was the coloring. Not that I can use that as an excuse. If something looks wrong there's shouldn't be any excuses. Anyway, I hope you like her and feel free to critique. If anybody around draws nagas I'd appreciate any tips that you may have.

The Noiz-e Art Thread