00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

willy-k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Israeli Pm Ariel Sharon Dead At 85

685 Views | 7 Replies

This morning, former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon died at age 85 after 8 years in a coma following a stroke suffered in 2006.

So is this the death of a hero, villain, or more likely, a bit of both?

Response to Israeli Pm Ariel Sharon Dead At 85 2014-01-11 18:07:21

I figured that he died a long time ago, it seem like no one even bothered to know if he was going to recover or not. As for his legacy, I think it would be suffice to say that it is mixed and generally depends on the point of view.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Israeli Pm Ariel Sharon Dead At 85 2014-01-12 02:29:43

He's definitely a war criminal, IMO. Human Rights Watch agrees.

http://www.hrw.org/news/2014/01/11/israel-ariel-sharon-s-troubling-legacy

I'd recommend checking out the movie Lebanon. It does a good job of setting the tone of the war and the brutality of the phalangists.

Response to Israeli Pm Ariel Sharon Dead At 85 2014-01-12 09:50:44

Rest In Peace, Prime Minister Sharon you made hard choices but you did what thought was right for your country.

Response to Israeli Pm Ariel Sharon Dead At 85 2014-01-13 09:59:30

At 1/12/14 06:17 PM, Korriken wrote: yeah, but then you realize that in the eyes of Palestinians, Israel shouldn't even exist and by Allah, it should be their right to move in and kill every single non Muslim that is occupying the holy land.

That's ridiculous; just because some Palestinian groups believe that doesn't mean that all Palestinians do. There are Israelis and Israeli groups which think the Holy Land is solely theirs and God commands them to kill every non Jew as per the Torah. Besides your post seems to hint that the massacres in Lebanon which Sharon let happen (mind you these camps had no PLO operatives and were filled solely with women, elderly people and children) were justified along with Israel's broader campaign of settlements and intimidation in the West Bank.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Israeli Pm Ariel Sharon Dead At 85 2014-01-14 11:30:12

At 1/11/14 05:15 PM, Ranger2 wrote: So is this the death of a hero, villain, or more likely, a bit of both?

;;;
Only thing I can think of that sums up my feelings & opinion on this guy is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsnXeQDqOOg

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to Israeli Pm Ariel Sharon Dead At 85 2014-01-15 15:57:15

At 1/14/14 10:25 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: Nope. Now's your chance to educate me

Ariel Sharon was a fucking monster. He got his nickname 'The Bulldozer' due to his tendency to order the bulldozing of not just Palestinian homes, but also Palestinian graveyards. He is considered the founder of the settlement movement and was integral in the 1982 Israeli invasion of Lebanon, which killed an estimated 20,000 Palestinians and Lebanese. Sharon also shares responsibility for the Sabra and Shatila massacre, where over 1,000 Palestinian refugees were murdered in cold blood at refugee camps in Lebanon. Sharon also ordered the Qibya massacre, carried out by the infamous Unit 101, whose sole purpose was to carry out viscious reprisal raids on Palestinian communities. Ariel Sharon operated under an evil doctrine that defied the Oslo Accords and international law, while repeatedly acting in defiance of UN resolutions. There is no person on earth who has set back Israeli-Palestinian relations more than Ariel Sharon. Fuck him.

BBS Signature

Response to Israeli Pm Ariel Sharon Dead At 85 2014-01-19 18:17:58

A brilliant general and a mass murderer, as most brilliant generals were, wether historians admit it or not.

by all means... ask

BBS Signature