00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

aniMATING just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Starting a new (It's an art thread)

11,735 Views | 94 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-01-24 12:34:22

At 1/24/14 03:44 AM, Cairos wrote:
At 1/24/14 01:37 AM, ZenithControl wrote: Alien got new rings. not color today but she's still cute.(not sure if my anatomy is wrong? please say if it is so I can realize it faster.)
I'm impressed that you indicated weight by squishing her bum but it's a bit too much. Because of that it makes it look like her pelvis is missing.

I suggest to start getting more into the figure. Use subtle lines to indicate muscles and folds of skin.
You've done this before in the Dullahan one but that knowledge seems to be missing in this one.

Thank you. To be honest I didn't look up references on this one(and it was a bad idea to go without structure lines). I do do some figure practice but when I applied it to this drawing I completely changed it to this. I need more confidence in my knowledge. After this challenge though I'll be doing a lot of figure drawing. Thanks again oh and while you're here I love your work.

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-01-24 23:04:27

this shows the anatomy of it I think she might be too tall, but it's still good.

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-01-24 23:07:34

this is the real thing, though I don't know too much about dresses so I didn't know how it would fold.

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-01-25 22:55:16

some chibi fun

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-01-26 18:10:30

Work doodle on my phone.

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-01-28 01:14:55

I had fun with this one. the left hand took me a while, why must they be so organic.

let me know if I did something wrong, or if I'm doing good.

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-01-29 23:50:07

Ever get an itch when playing a video game I know I do!
I need to work on hands still. these suck.

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-01-30 00:07:18

Your drawings of poses and forms are definitely improving. However, I think from looking at your past work, you might be sabotaging some of your angles and perspective when you color them. I don't know if you have a pen tablet or a way to do line art on them, but even if you had pencil, I would make it as "clean" as possible, with very smooth, prominent dark lines. Then start with a color base....just even flat colors. Then imagine there is a point of light in the room, and (what I prefer), is to start doing hard line shading, basically cell animation style.

If you use soft gradients like you've been doing, I think it starts hurting the depth of the drawing. My 2 cents. Keep going though. :D

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-01-30 13:13:03

Its good but why are you so obssessed with the girls and that too the teenage girls, Just kiddin , your artwork is good and cool
and the teenage -Childish proportions are a little tough to be acquired ,You inspire me a lot

IT's HREYAS BEETCHOS╥━━━━━━━━╭━━╮━━┳

╢╭╮╭━━━━━┫┃▋▋━▅┣

BBS Signature

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-02-03 01:37:04

This was easier than I thought and fun.
oh and I'll respond to those post later I'm to tired right now.

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-02-04 01:11:02

my male anatomy is rusty.

one more day to gooooooo!!! yes
and again too tired to respond sorry.

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-02-04 16:43:03

At 1/30/14 12:07 AM, fxscreamer wrote: Your drawings of poses and forms are definitely improving. However, I think from looking at your past work, you might be sabotaging some of your angles and perspective when you color them. I don't know if you have a pen tablet or a way to do line art on them, but even if you had pencil, I would make it as "clean" as possible, with very smooth, prominent dark lines. Then start with a color base....just even flat colors. Then imagine there is a point of light in the room, and (what I prefer), is to start doing hard line shading, basically cell animation style.

If you use soft gradients like you've been doing, I think it starts hurting the depth of the drawing. My 2 cents. Keep going though. :D

I was starting to wonder when someone would notice this. Yeah if you go to my old account I put a post about me not being able to color. I never actually had a real teacher teach me, not even in high school, they only kept on repeating the definitions of simple terms like value, we never actually did it though. So this past two years I have been practicing form and stuff from books and trying to find my style. So I'm barely getting to shading and color. Okay as for the lines yeah I've been using one layer only for the line art. I have been getting better at cleaning them up ,but it is only for this challenge.

Thanks for the tips I'll be sure to practice with those in mide.

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-02-04 17:24:29

At 1/30/14 01:13 PM, hreyas wrote: Its good but why are you so obssessed with the girls and that too the teenage girls, Just kiddin , your artwork is good and cool
and the teenage -Childish proportions are a little tough to be acquired ,You inspire me a lot

man I got scared for a second there. Hate mail this soon lol.
I just love cute stuff. Thank you! This shall boost my conference.

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-02-13 19:23:44

here's a little banner I made and here is the link
to the speed paint. the bottom was originally red bricks but I was tiered so I tried matching my tumbler page.

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-02-13 23:42:20

some pose practice I did today

these are the ones that came out good. I to practice male anatomy more any tips?

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-02-15 01:08:53

male practice from a chis hart book I got 2 years ago

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-02-18 00:11:56

more dare and I did the triangle thing my sis told me about

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-02-27 01:22:58

here's a little 11 min sketch I did... sorry I forgot to crop.

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-04-12 00:56:20

a little something I did while watching princess jellyfish.

sorry I've been lacking in art I just been dealing with a lot including applying for college.

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-04-12 00:57:35

here you go

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-04-18 22:18:46

this is some of my latest figure drawing session

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-04-21 21:38:50

You have great imagination. Only I can add is is to work on your composition. It will really make your characters pop from the page. Right now the characters look flat and one dimensional. Do some action poses like running or swimming. Good work though.

http://afilthycomic.thecomicseries.com/

Tetsuooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-04-30 02:41:03

okay just finished this quickly hope you guys like it. man now that I look at it I have to work on skin color lol.

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-04-30 03:01:12

At 4/21/14 09:38 PM, daftcrunk wrote: You have great imagination. Only I can add is is to work on your composition. It will really make your characters pop from the page. Right now the characters look flat and one dimensional. Do some action poses like running or swimming. Good work though.

Like this? I did this at work so they might suck due to the lack of focus

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-04-30 03:03:29

My camera skills suck.

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-04-30 03:06:13

I'll up load better quality ones on my tumblr tomorrow

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-04-30 03:18:54

Just one more

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-06-06 01:36:12

here is something new
remember I post more stuff on my tumblr

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-06-13 07:35:38

Just a little something I made at work.

Response to Starting a new (It's an art thread) 2014-07-06 15:34:46

Still doing my thing here. Was focusing on the pelvis today.

hmm... haven't heard any feedback lately. Remember any feedback back would be great, even if it's just a good job. That at least tells me I'm doing good so far. Thank you.