New Topic Respond to this Topic
Template88
Template88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Art Weeklies 2014-07-10 00:10:13 Reply

Let's take a little break from drawing race cars and elder gods and focus on something important we may have forgotten.

You know? Remember? Just fucking drawing normal people in normal regular clothes in regular settings?

I do not. I admit it, I have no idea how to draw jeans. or a t-shirt, I probably have no idea how to draw a regular human being chilling out in some regular human being clothes in a regular human being chair and that's really sad. The reason why is because I've spent all my time drawing big muscley frankensteins and draculas and stuff.

These weeklie activities stress just drawing interesting regular human people in regular human clothes.

So Lonely

For those of you who have little time to invest in this weeklie, simply draw your ideal partner/perfect 10/10 physical love mate thing. AKA draw the most attractive person you can think of that you've designed yourself. Think about what qualities you find attractive and combine them all into one person/design. If you already have a partner in real life and they do not match what you are drawing you probably should not mention what you are drawing to them or you will be sleeping alone tonight, maybe instead be sweet and draw them for this. It can be stylized if you want, the important thing is that you practice drawing a normal modern person wearing some pretty much normal modern clothes, unless your ideal partner is lady gaga wearing her meat dress or some kind of hippie, in which case you are a terrible person.

Dont worry about being shallow, its for art! Showing the personality of your fantasy partner is on you man.

Comic Cast

Draw a cast of high school people for your terrible upcoming slice of life webcomic. Think about the stereotypes at play in that horrible horrible place, and maybe play around with different ethnicities\styles of clothes to make the edgiest main characters on the internet. Dont forget to make lead characters look more interesting than support characters.
Gain experience figuring out current fashion and how to draw that shit to begin with like me. Or just draw a bunch of your friends.

I have no idea what I am doing. Go go go.

Art Weeklies

Thoughts in chaos...
Illustration thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1229930
Animation thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1332069

BBS Signature
takopako
takopako
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Art Weeklies 2014-07-16 00:12:10 Reply

i am officially done with this one. not literally done, but i cant work on it anymore. lol. These three are in a triad relationship in a hypothetical story called "Love's Not a Two Way Street". i like the color red.

Art Weeklies

BBS Signature
BazookaBonsai
BazookaBonsai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Art Weeklies 2014-07-16 11:29:00 Reply

Quickly returning from the dead to bring you my contribution.

The idea was a clique of kids from a "less fortunate neighborhood" stumbling over a zombie one day. They become friends somehow and try their best to integrate her back into a more or less normal life.

Art Weeklies

...I mean "Beep Boop!"

AuronAnimation
AuronAnimation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to Art Weeklies 2014-07-16 15:10:45 Reply

Submission for the "So Lonely" challenge!

Kinda new to the forum and especially this thread. Sounds like a lot of fun and hopefully will work out my drawing skills over time! I'll start cranking out comic cast very soon.

Art Weeklies