00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

At what age did you guys start...

3,516 Views | 40 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to At what age did you guys start... 2014-01-13 13:43:59

I started playing guitar when I was nine, didn't really get into it (Learning scales and such) til a couple years ago and started playing drums about 2 years or so ago.

Here I am 17 like you and still rockin' out. \m/

The game....

Response to At what age did you guys start... 2014-01-14 17:53:37

I was 14 years old when I started.

Response to At what age did you guys start... 2014-01-15 05:31:37

16. Messed around with any music software for a few years on and off. Didn't get serious with it until about 18. Buckled down at 19.

moozik is fuhn ye.

Response to At what age did you guys start... 2014-01-15 06:21:48

At 1/4/14 09:44 AM, Troisnyx wrote: I started composing when I was 10 as part of a mandatory class project, but got into composing when I was 13. Only started sequencing when I was 19, though -- up to that point I did all my composing with a piano, a poor-quality phone recorder and my voice.

D'oh, almost forgot. If you include the physical instruments as well --

I was 2 when I started playing the piano, but only started properly learning it when I was 3. Which is why I normally say I started when I was 3.
3 when I started singing.
3 when I started developing a sense of rhythm of any kind (and started beating on pillows).
16 when I started handling a drum kit.
22 when I started playing the bodhrán.

And what next, I wonder....

Response to At what age did you guys start... 2014-01-15 10:09:29

I started composing stuff when I was 11, and started getting serious when I was 13. I don't sing or anything, but I produce for people who do.

Response to At what age did you guys start... 2014-01-16 14:50:44

At 13 learned Played guitar. At 14 or 15 I discovered FL Studio. I'll be 23 in April, so it's been a long while since then.

Response to At what age did you guys start... 2014-01-17 14:46:29

At 1/3/14 11:17 PM, icyflamez96 wrote: making music? Just curious.

I've pretty much been interested in making music my whole life. I remember when I was in elementary school, I'd browse the web and get hooked on any simple sequencer I could find. The main thing I do on one of my favorite games that I play (littlebigplanet) is make music. The music sequencer 100X less complicated than actual professional stuff... But it is powerful. I swear that'd be such a good tool for creating music, but the awesome interface is wasted on terrible instruments.... (Anyway, sorry for the rant)

Lol but yeah. I'm now 17 and I hope to really get into making music on professional programs.

I was 14 after a year so by playing ALOT a start playing jazz and salsa r&b rock at hotels with a different band...I'm from aruba XD by the way ....then at 20 I start producing and composing

Response to At what age did you guys start... 2014-01-17 16:19:32

I started taking piano lessons when I was five or six. After a few years, I realized I liked to improvise and compose.

BBS Signature

Response to At what age did you guys start... 2014-01-18 20:12:57

21, Never to late to start making music, just remember each time your heart pumps blood, its making a beat. :p

Response to At what age did you guys start... 2014-01-18 23:35:05

I started writing music at about 10, and got my first DAW at 12, Acoustica Mixcraft. A few of my first submissions here were made with that. At 14 I upgraded to FL Studio and I've been going steady for three years with that. Course I'm only 16 though.

Response to At what age did you guys start... 2014-01-19 04:43:54

About 15 years old my friend told me how to use FL Studio, then i started making stuff with the riff machine, and sequencer and i was putting everything together... It sucked so bad. Now I'm 17 years old and i got far with the quality of my music in a short 2 years. I have no past with learning music theory and/or playing any instrument.

This is a very recent work of mine: