00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Omega dog(A short comic)

11,496 Views | 141 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-02 16:08:42

Okay, everyone, I thought it was time to show my comic to everyone. Keep in mind that THIS is a short comic you're about to see.(See the title on the thread for yourself) Anyhow, enjoy, hopefully.

(P.S all hate comments will be deleted, you've been warned)

Here's the first page:

Omega dog(A short comic)

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-02 16:10:17

Second page is up.

Just so you know, both pages were done three days earlier, so, therefore, i'll hope to start page three tomorrow. Keep in touch everyone.

P.S. sorry if one of the speech bubbles look too small.

Omega dog(A short comic)

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-02 16:16:29

At 1/2/14 04:10 PM, RayLeeWorld wrote: Second page is up.

Just so you know, both pages were done three days earlier, so, therefore, i'll hope to start page three tomorrow. Keep in touch everyone.

not bad at all a lot of improvement,
The font for the sirens could be changed in my opinion it seems a bit lifeless have a look on da fonts if you don't want to make a small font for each effect noise.

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-02 16:19:31

At 1/2/14 04:16 PM, Tapersteve wrote: not bad at all a lot of improvement,
The font for the sirens could be changed in my opinion it seems a bit lifeless have a look on da fonts if you don't want to make a small font for each effect noise.

I'd suggest changing the font for the speech bubbles as well, since it too looks a bit lifeless.

Blambot.com has some great comic fonts for free, including effect fonts.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-02 16:34:06

I van see what you're trying to do with the last panel. But with the forced perspective and how small the silhouettes are the ladder would be about 30 feet up with each step being a bodies length apart.

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-02 16:37:16

I really enjoy the backgrounds. Unfortunately I have bad eye sight so I couldn't read the dialogue.

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-02 16:37:26

At 1/2/14 04:34 PM, Daverom wrote: I van see what you're trying to do with the last panel. But with the forced perspective and how small the silhouettes are the ladder would be about 30 feet up with each step being a bodies length apart.

Right.

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-02 16:42:05

At 1/2/14 04:37 PM, LadySeraphina wrote: I really enjoy the backgrounds. Unfortunately I have bad eye sight so I couldn't read the dialogue.

Sorry, I'll try putting the dialog much bigger when I post the next page.

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-02 16:45:58

The second panel where the buildings are shown,that black spot on the left corner(I presume it's a cloud?).I suggest you remove that,because it's really similar to the color of the zeppelins(black shade) on the first panel and you kinda can't tell where the second panel starts.Trust me...remove that cloud and that panel would really pop out and look nice.

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-02 16:55:32

At 1/2/14 04:45 PM, ThePsychoSheep wrote: The second panel where the buildings are shown,that black spot on the left corner(I presume it's a cloud?).

Sorry about that. That was actually a picture of city I posterized with.

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-02 17:03:00

At 1/2/14 04:55 PM, RayLeeWorld wrote:
At 1/2/14 04:45 PM, ThePsychoSheep wrote: The second panel where the buildings are shown,that black spot on the left corner(I presume it's a cloud?).
Sorry about that. That was actually a picture of city I posterized with.

It's really not a colossal change but it really helps the panel to stand out more

Omega dog(A short comic)

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-02 17:15:09

At 1/2/14 05:03 PM, ThePsychoSheep wrote: It's really not a colossal change but it really helps the panel to stand out more

I see, well, thanks anyway.

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-02 17:38:05

Learn some perspective, it would make your comic allot clearer

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-02 18:01:24

At 1/2/14 05:38 PM, Flowers10 wrote: Learn some perspective, it would make your comic allot clearer

I try my best not to use much perspective as I can, but thanks anyway.

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-02 18:41:49

At 1/2/14 06:01 PM, RayLeeWorld wrote:
At 1/2/14 05:38 PM, Flowers10 wrote: Learn some perspective, it would make your comic allot clearer

Perspective is overrated anyways, you should avoid it completely. Flat backgrounds on closeups is all you need in comics tbh!
Cant wait for the 3rd panel! Omega dog rules! I anxiously await his appearance in the comic.

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-02 18:59:58

At 1/2/14 06:01 PM, RayLeeWorld wrote:

Well, your not doing a very good job.
All the pictures you have posted have perspective in them, its just not very good. :P
basic perspective is quiet easy though, just google 1 point perspective to start you off.

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-02 19:12:34

At 1/2/14 06:59 PM, Flowers10 wrote: Well, your not doing a very good job.
All the pictures you have posted have perspective in them, its just not very good. :P
basic perspective is quiet easy though, just google 1 point perspective to start you off.

Well, I feel there's so much perspective these days, I'm not gonna use as much. Sorry.

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-02 23:08:22

Page 3 is up! Did some changes with the text and stuff.

Omega dog(A short comic)

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-02 23:13:28

At 1/2/14 11:08 PM, RayLeeWorld wrote: Page 3 is up! Did some changes with the text and stuff.

My fucking mistake, I wrote bank instead of jewlery store, here's the revise text version.

Omega dog(A short comic)

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-03 01:12:55

Could Re-post it with a bigger bubble? please!

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-04 19:28:47

I'm sorry i'm keeping you all waiting today, but I was very tired yesterday and couldn't start on page four much, but now i'm working on it today, i'll post very soon hopefully.

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-06 16:10:02

Page 4 is finally up everyone!

Omega dog(A short comic)

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-06 16:31:09

At 1/6/14 04:10 PM, RayLeeWorld wrote: Page 4 is finally up everyone!

"...We could be richer than Bill Gates..." I'm sorry but that stretches my willing suspension of disbelief past the breaking point. Why would these anthropomorphic animals who live in the future of a (presumably) anthropomorphic animal ruled world still have Bill Gates in it? Even if say the anthropomorphic animals came along some time in the future or whatever I'm sure they'd have a different paradigm of wealth whom they could be richer than. World building, hombre.
I'm not going to bother saying anything about the art since it won't do anything.

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-06 16:52:32

At 1/6/14 04:31 PM, JackDCurleo wrote:
"...We could be richer than Bill Gates..." I'm sorry but that stretches my willing suspension of disbelief past the breaking point. Why would these anthropomorphic animals who live in the future of a (presumably) anthropomorphic animal ruled world still have Bill Gates in it? Even if say the anthropomorphic animals came along some time in the future or whatever I'm sure they'd have a different paradigm of wealth whom they could be richer than. World building, hombre.
I'm not going to bother saying anything about the art since it won't do anything.

I'm sorry if you didn't get that line, it was sort of a joke right there. So even in the future, bill gates may not be around but he's still recognized. I apologize if you didn't understand.

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-06 16:54:57

At 1/6/14 04:31 PM, JackDCurleo wrote:

I'd have to wholeheartedly agree-
I mean, In posting to the art forum, you should be looking for constructive criticism, and listening to what people have to say, and either acting upon it or justifying why you wouldn't make those amendments to your work. In the art realm, this is a lot better than your previous thread, but it could use a lot of work. As a story, it seems cut-and-dried and the dialogue seems a little underdeveloped.

BBS Signature

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-06 16:59:23

The artwork is good well done in that but I can't read the bubbles very well... But I hope you do well!

Thanks,

- Zane

Nothing!

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-06 17:10:15

At 1/6/14 04:54 PM, gween123 wrote: In the art realm, this is a lot better than your previous thread, but it could use a lot of work. As a story, it seems cut-and-dried and the dialogue seems a little underdeveloped.

Riiiiiiight.

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-06 17:15:43

At 1/6/14 04:52 PM, RayLeeWorld

it was sort of a joke right there

No dude, jokes are funny.

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-06 17:20:50

At 1/6/14 05:15 PM, JackDCurleo wrote: At 1/6/14 04:52 PM, RayLeeWorld

it was sort of a joke right there
No dude, jokes are funny.

Okay, dude, it wasn't really a joke, it was more of a reference, it's not gonna hurt anyone.

Response to Omega dog(A short comic) 2014-01-07 04:04:54

At 1/6/14 04:31 PM, JackDCurleo wrote: Why would these anthropomorphic animals who live in the future of a (presumably) anthropomorphic animal ruled world still have Bill Gates in it?

I'm gonna defend this here a bit. Croesus died two and a half thousand years ago but we still use the phrase 'rich as Croesus'. It's possible that in the future Bill Gates could become a similar legendary figure of richness.

However unless the comic is going to venture further into there being a system of similar classical studies in the future of what is now the modern era that allow modern figures to become kind of legendary, or at the very least continue to have references as if something like that exists within this universe, the line is probably more jarring than anything else.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature