00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Proximothegr81 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Asio4all

1,178 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Asio4all 2013-12-22 12:38:47

Microsoft can suck it. But I digress....
I posted sometime last week about what I thought was gear problems. After a lot of tinkering and some extensive googling, I've found that it's a driver related problem. It's my understanding that windows 7 uses drivers geared towards gaming headsets or something to that effect, which includes a lot of preamp gain (which manifests as a high pitched squeee noise). I downloaded asio4all from the manufacturers website of my mixer (alesis multimix4) and installed as was directed.
Here's where the nature of the problem shifts. Asio4all only shows an interface when I'm using a DAW. At first, that was a solution. I configured Asio and it eureka! I was able to record hiss free... in FLStudio. Which isn't where I record my guitar or vox. So I closed FL and opened Mixcraft, and when I opened Asio something was different. The native sound of my HP was on, and the input of my external had a red 'x' on the input. So now I can't record, hiss or not. I messed with it a bit and couldn't get it to reverse this occurence, so now I'm worse off than I was. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is...

How do I make ASIO a primary driver? Do I need to remove the other drivers? I googled and followed the steps to update drivers, but windows insists that the current drivers are "The best possible drivers" Or newest, I don't remember the way it was stated. I've been nerding for the better part of twenty years, and Microsoft still finds new ways to make me rage. Honestly, I could afford a new computer, but then I'd have windows 8 and if there was a problem I'd have to address it from a position of complete ignorance, so I'd really like to make this work. Any suggestions?

Response to Asio4all 2013-12-22 23:16:36

Simple way to make ASIO4ALL work:

NOTE: This turns off all other computer sound until you're done.

1. Press the Windows key and R to bring up the "Run" box.
2. Type in "services.msc" and click "ok".
3. Look under the Standard tab for "Windows Audio".
4. Right-click it and click "Stop".
5. You should now be able to check the box in ASIO4ALL to get it to work.

To get sound back and turn of ASIO4ALL:
Start the "Windows Audio" service again.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to Asio4all 2013-12-22 23:38:22

At 12/22/13 11:16 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Simple way to make ASIO4ALL work:

...well, hopefully. That worked for me when ASIO was being a crapcake in FL.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to Asio4all 2013-12-23 20:30:26

At 12/22/13 11:38 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
At 12/22/13 11:16 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Simple way to make ASIO4ALL work:
...well, hopefully. That worked for me when ASIO was being a crapcake in FL.

It's working. Thank you so much.